Candidates preparing for competitive exams, check the latest current affairs for the month of July. Current Affairs July 2017 contains all the useful information to help crack the Government and Competitive Exams. Interested candidates can get more updates about current affairs on this page. Candidates can also download the July Current Affairs 2017 pdf from the link given on this page. Check the page for more current affairs links and read the article for more information.
Current Affairs July 2017 Highlights
Current affairs July 2017- Date-wise Collections
|Date||Current Affairs News||Current Affairs Questions||Current Affairs Quiz|
(July 2017 Current Affairs – Current Affairs of July 1st to 31st)
Current Affairs of July 2017 Updates
Arvind Kathpalia appointed as the new director of operations at Air India
- Air India’s executive director Arvind Kathpalia is now the director of operations of Air India.
- The appointment is for five years with effect from the date of his assumption of charge or until further orders.
Senior diplomat Shamma Jain appointed as the new ambassador to Greece by India
- She is currently serving as Indian Envoy to Panama.
- She has also served in Indian missions in Italy, Washington DC, the Philippines, Argentina, and Turkey.
Telangana IAS Officer receives 2017 Trafficking in Persons (TIP) Report Heroes Award
- Current Affairs July 2017: The IAS Officer from Telangana receives 2017 Trafficking in Persons (TIP) Report Heroes Award by the State Department of US.
- He becomes the third IPS Officer to receive this award.
- Officer Bhagwat has illustrated the striking commitment to the fight against organized human trafficking for the last 13 years.
RCom-Aircel merged to form wireless company Aircom
- Reliance Communications Chairman Anil Ambani said the merged entities of the RCom and Aircel will be called as Aircom.
- Reliance Communications and Maxis Communications Berhad announced their merger plans in September 2016.
- As part of the agreement, the merged entity will combine Reliance Communications’ wireless business and Aircel’s operations in India, including the spectrum held by the two companies.
- Once the deal is completed, both Reliance and Maxis Communications will hold 50% each in the merged entity and have equal representations on the board and committees.
Latest Current Affairs July 2017
India has test-fired first all weather tracked-chassis Missile
- India has successfully test fired the Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QR-SAM), the first weather tracked chassis missile.
- The missile was fired from a mobile launcher at Integrated Test Range at Chandipur.
- DRDO Defence Research and Development Organisation and BEL Bharat Electronics Limited has designed this Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QR-SAM).
ISRO will launch India’s heaviest Rocket GSAT-19
- India will launch the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) Mark III rocket.
- The rocket flies 43.43 meters height and 640 tons of mass.
- It is a three-stage heavy lift launch vehicle having two solid strap-ons. ISRO has designed the GSLV Mk III.
India Tops the Global Retail Development Index
- Current Affairs July 2017: India tops the 2017 Global Retail Development Index (GRDI) titled ‘The Age of Focus‘.
- It has won the top rank on ease of doing business in the retail sector among 30 countries.
- This is the 16th edition of the Global Retail Development Index (GRDI).
- The 2017 Global Retail Development Index (GRDI), ranks the top 30 developing countries for retail investment worldwide.
- The GRDI ranks China behind India in second place.
Updates of July 2017 Current Affairs
Sher Bahadur Deuba is the new Prime Minister of Nepal
- Three-time former prime minister Sher Bahadur Deuba is elected as the new Prime Minister of Nepal.
- Former PM Prachanda had stepped down from his leadership.
- This will be Deuba’s fourth stint as PM of the Himalayan country.
India – Srilanka Agreement for developing Railway sector
- India signed the 318 million US Dollar credit line agreement with Srilanka for developing its railway sector.
- It has already provided four Lines of Credit through its EXIM Bank amounting to USD 966 million approximately.
Currently, Indian development focusses on:
- Capacity building.
- Improvement of infrastructure.
- Livelihood development.
- Health Care.
July Current Affairs 2017
World Health Organization (WHO) revises antibiotics protocol
In an effort to curb antibiotic resistance, the World Health Organization (WHO) has divided the drugs into three categories.
- Access – Commonly used antibiotics.
- Watch – slightly more potent.
- Reserve – last resort.
About the categories:
- Antibiotics in the ‘access’ group will be available at all times as the treatment for a wide range of common infections.
- The ‘watch’ group covers antibiotics that are recommended as first or second choice treatment for a small number of infections.
- The ‘reserve’ group includes antibiotics that should be considered as a last-resort option and used only in the most severe circumstances when all other alternatives have failed.
QS World Universities Ranking 2018: IIT Delhi, IISc Bangalore make it to top 200
Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings 2018 list:
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Bombay, IIT-Delhi and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru got a place in the top 200 global universities list.
- For the first time in the history, three prestigious Indian institutions have featured in the list of the top 200 universities.
- The IIT-D is ranked at 172, IIT-B at 179 and IISC- Bangalore at 190 in the list.
IOC approves new events for Tokyo Olympics
- Current Affairs July 2017: The International Olympic Committee has approved new events for the 2020 Tokyo Games.
- The additions include a mixed team event for judo. Each team will comprise of 3 men and 3 women, all representing different weight classes.
- Table Tennis will have a mixed doubles competition.
Current Affairs 2017 July
India becomes the 7th largest exporter of agri-products globally
- Commerce Secretary Mrs. Rita Teaotia has said that India has emerged as the 7th largest exporter of agri-products globally.
- The growth in agriculture in the last 14 years was 350 percent higher than the one achieved in the previous 30 years.
- India’s rapid growth overshadows the growth rate of 15% recorded by Brazil, 12% by China and 9% by the USA in the sector in the last ten years.
CISF security at Indira Gandhi International Airport rated the best
- The CISF security at the Indira Gandhi International Airport at New Delhi is rated the best in the world.
- The Chief of Central Industrial Security Force, Singh said that award CISF won is the recognition of hard work put in by his men and women at the airport.
- This award will motivate all the men and women for performing better to ensure the safety and well-being of passengers.
India appoints Envoys to Italy, Denmark, Belgium, and the EU
The Union Government has recently appointed ambassadors to three European countries, Italy, Denmark and Belgium.
- Gaitri Issar Kumar is appointed as India’s next ambassador to Belgium.
- Reenat Sandhu is India’s diplomatic envoy in Italy.
- Ajit Vinayak Gupte was appointed as the ambassador to Denmark.
India moved 6 places in innovation ranking to rank at 60
- Current Affairs July 2017: India continued to climb on the ranking of Global Innovation Index (GII) 2017.
- It is emerging as the highest ranked economy in Central as well as South Asia.
- It moved up 6 places to rank 60th among a total of 130 nations.
- Last year, India climbed up the ladder of Global Innovation Index to reach the 66th rank.
- As per the previous reports, in the year 2015, India was in 81st position.
July 2017 Current Affairs
North Korea test-fired the first intercontinental ballistic missile Hwasong-14
- The Trump administration confirms that North Korea claimed the launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile.
- It also tells Pyongyang that the US would use the full capabilities range at its disposal against growing the threat.
DRDO missile test-fired successfully – Current Affairs July
- On Friday, India successfully test-fired the short-range ballistic missile that is surface-to-surface nuclear capable.
- The sources of Defence said that this missile Prithvi-II mounts on MTL (Mobile Tatra transporter-elector Launcher).
- The test for this missile was conducted as a part of training the user by SFC of the army of India with the support from DRDO.
SpaceX launches communication satellite on the third try
- Current Affairs July 2017: After the two unsuccessful attempts in launching the communication satellite and a delay of 3 days, SpaceX successfully launches the communication satellite on a third try.
- In the first two unsuccessful attempts, the CEO of Tesla Elon Musk planned to launch the satellite on July 2 but then it was pushed to July 3 and it was scrubbed for the second time.
- In both the attempts, it records that countdown halts when there are only 9 seconds left on the clock.
Google buys Moodstocks, a French Startup
- Google recently purchases Moodstocks, a French startup which specializes in the recognition of speeding objects from a smartphone.
- This startup is enabling smartphones and other mobile devices to recognize the images and the objects.
- Google is making an investment in the ways of getting the computers to see and understand the world the way people do.
- This acquisition comes after the Twitter bought Magic Pony, which is similar to that of Moodstocks.
(July 2017 Current Affairs – Current Affairs of July 1st to 31st)
Leslie Thng is the new CEO of Vistara
- Vistara, which is a full-service airline appoints Leslie Thng as the new Chief Executive Officer.
- The current CEO of Vistara Phee Teik will be returning to Singapore Airlines for taking up the senior position.
- Vistara is a joint venture of Tata Group as well as Singapore Airlines.
India on 116th out of 157 nations on SGD index
- Current Affairs July 2017: It is at 116th rank out of 157 nations in a global index that assess the performance of all the countries toward achieving the ambitions of Sustainable Development Goals.
- It is at 116th rank with a score of 58.1, behind countries such as Nepal, Iran, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, and China.
- Sweden leads the list, followed by Denmark and Finland. Among the G7 countries, only Germany and France are in the top ten performers.
- The United States ranks 42nd on the Index, while Russia and China rank 62nd and 71st respectively.
Russia launches 73 satellites in one go, second most ever
- Roscosmos, the Space Agency of Russia successfully launches the ‘Kanopus-V-IK’ the satellite for earth-imaging and 72 microsatellites into the orbit on a single rocket.
- This comes after the launch of 104 satellites at once by ISRO earlier this year, breaking the record of Russia for launching 37 satellites.
- The microsatellites include the 62 CubeSats satellites that are developed by the US and some other satellites that are developed by Germany, Japan, and Canada.
Complete Current Affairs July 2017 pdf
YES Bank receives $150 mn from OPIC to fund SME lending
- One of the private sector banks i.e YES Bank recently received another round of funding of $150 million from the United States Government and Wells Fargo for funding the SME lending.
- This is the third round of funding which is a part of an arrangement between the US Government Development Finance Institution and the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC).
- OPIC will provide USD 75 million in financing to Yes Bank and up to USD 75 million as a syndicated financing from Wells Fargo Bank.
Patanjali Ayurved features among the top 10 most influential brands in India
- Current Affairs July 2017: Yoga Guru Ramdev’s Patanjali Ayurveda was featured among the top 10 most influential Brand in India along with electronic major Samsung and new entrant Reliance Jio.
- Google was ranked at the top slot Microsoft and Facebook are ranked at number two and three respectively.
- The Ipsos study, which evaluates over 100 brands across 21 countries, covered more than 1,000 Indians online to assess over 100 brands. The study involved 36,600 interviews.
- In the ranking list from 11 to 20, brands that bagged a place include Snapdeal, Apple, Dettol, Cadbury, SONY, HDFC Bank, Maruti Suzuki, Good day and Amul.
- The brands are rated by the consumers on quality, experience, and value, factors such as big marketing spends and brand equity were counted the study said.
Current Affairs from July 2017 Month
Mobikwik digital payment Company has partnered with Samsung Pay
- Digital Payments company Mobikwik has partnered with Samsung pay, under which the consumers will be able to make payments with a single tap using select Samsung handsets.
- Mobikwik mobile wallet will also be available soon to Samsung Pay users.
About Samsung Pay:
- As part of the tie-up, MobiKwik wallet is now integrated with Samsung Pay Mini to enable one-tap payments at more than 1.4 million MobiKwik-powered merchants across the country.
- Samsung Pay, the mobile payments service of the world’s largest handset maker, was launched in India in March this year.
- It allows users to just tap and pay using the debit/credit cards and wallets stored on their mobile devices.
- Currently, Samsung Pay is available for users of devices like Samsung S8, Samsung S7 Edge, S7, J7 Max and J7 Pro among others.
U.S Navy recently tested the worlds first-ever active laser weapons system – Current Affairs July
- U.S Navy recently tested the worlds first ever active laser weapons system, which is ready for war.
Details of the Weapon:
- Current Affairs July 2017: The system has special materials that release photons, and at the speed of light, it silently hits an object burning it to a temperature of thousand of degrees.
- Each strike travels 50,000 times the speed of an incoming ICBM.During previous tests, lasers have taken out cruise missiles, mortars, and other projectiles, according to the U.S. Department of Defense.
- The $40 million weapons system requires a crew of three and a supply of electricity (generated from its own small generator) to operate.
- Unlike a traditional gun, a laser never runs out of bullets given that it has an infinite magazine as long as it is connected to a power source.
Latest July 2017 Current Affairs
Ram Nath Kovind becomes India’s 14th President
- BJP led National Democratic Alliance nominee Ram Nath Kovind won the Presidential Polls today with 65.6 percent translating into 702,044 electoral college votes.
- He will be sworn in on July 25th, the first from the BJP and the second Dalit to enter the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
About Ram Nath Kovind
- Ram Nath Kovind is an Indian politician who is the 14th and current President of India.
- He served as the 35th Governor of Bihar from 2015 to 2017 and was a Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha from 1994 to 2006.
- He is the second Dalit leader to be elected as president.
Fino payments bank launched in India – Current Affairs July
- Current Affairs July 2017: India will launch its fourth payments bank – Fino Payments Bank.
- Fino Payments Bank joins Airtel Payments Bank, India Post Payments Bank, and Paytm Payments Bank.
- Fino payments used the core banking system.
- This bank uses Profile from FIS, delivered on a hosted basis.
- It is backed by ICICI Group, Bharat Petroleum, Blackstone, International Finance Corporation (IFC), Corporation Bank, Union Bank of India, and Indian Bank.
- It has a strategic partnership with ICICI Bank, where this bank sells ICICI Bank’s products through its network.
Current Affairs of July 2017 Download
China is on the way of testing the bullet trains with a speed of 350 kph
- China began to test the maximum speed of bullet train on the Beijing-Shanghai High-speed railway.
- There are testing with a speed of 350 kilometers per hour.
- China estimates that the train will complete a round trip from Beijing to Xuzhou with in four hours.
About China Bullet Trains
- These trains are the fastest trains with a top speed.
- The fastest train service measured by peak operational speed is Shanghai Maglev Train which can reach a speed of 431 km/h.
- This speed will cut Beijing-Shanghai journey about 4.5 hours.
- It carries over 100 million passengers a year.
Amazon’s Jeff Bezos overtakes Bill Gates to become World’s richest man
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos has become the worlds richest man.
- Microsoft founder Bill Gates reclaimed the lead by afternoon as Amazon stock fell nearly 1% for the day to $1,046.
- As per Forbes magazines tracking of wealth as stock in his e-commerce company hit all time high.
DRDO develops India’s first unmanned tank Muntra – Current Affairs July
- Current Affairs July 2017: The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has come out with Muntra, India’s first unmanned, remotely operation tank at its Chennai lab.
- It has launched the tank in three variants Muntra-S, Muntra-M, and Muntra-N for surveillance, mine detection and reconnaissance in areas with nuclear and biological threats.
- Muntra-S is the country’s first unmanned ground vehicle (tank) built for surveillance missions.
- Muntra-M is for detecting mines and Muntra-N is for operation in areas where there is nuclear radiation or biological weapon risk.
- It is also likely to be useful in Naxal-hit areas.