Daily Current Affairs June 2
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs June 2
Govt announces Rs 325 crore GST waiver for free food distribution.
- The Central government has allocated a sum of Rs 325 crore to reimburse goods and services tax (GST) on specific items bought by charitable religious institutions.
- A notification to this effect was issued by the Union ministry of culture. The financial assistance will be provided under the Seva Bhoj Yojna.
- The authorities will have to ascertain how many people were fed on a given day or whether the langar or Bhandara was actually organised.
India to send Sukhois and C-17 aircraft for multi-lateral ‘Pitch Black’ exercise in Australia.
- India will be dispatching four Sukhoi-30MKI fighter jets and a C-17 Globemaster-III strategic airlift aircraft to the country to participate in the multi-lateral “Pitch Black” air combat exercise.
- This will be India’s first participation in the Black Pitch exercise by Australia once every two years.
- The exercise, which will witness participation by over 100 aircraft, will take place at the Royal Australian Air Force bases at Tindal and Darwin from July 27 to August 17 this year.
India to soon start tri-lateral exercise with Singapore: PM Modi.
- India will soon start a new tri-lateral exercise with Singapore with which New Delhi has the longest uninterrupted naval drills.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi says with Singapore, we have the longest uninterrupted naval exercise, which is in its 25th year now.
- We will start a new tri-lateral exercise with Singapore soon and we hope to extend it to other ASEAN countries.
- As many as 26 countries including India would participate in the biennial RIMPAC military exercise from June 27 to August 2.
Menu of the first Indian restaurant in the UK auctioned for £8,500.
- More than 200 years after Patna-born Sake Dean Mohamed opened the first Indian restaurant in the United Kingdom at George Street in London has been auctioned for £8,500.
- The handwritten menu of the Hindostanee Coffee House, set up near Portman Square in 1810, was sold by Jarndyce Antiquarian Books.
- A plaque was unveiled in September 2005 at 102, George Street, close to the original site of his restaurant at 34, George Street, by the city of Westminster.
India, Ukraine to kick off talks next week to explore military cooperation.
- A joint working group (JWG) on defence cooperation between India and Ukraine will meet for the first time in Kiev next week.
- New Delhi’s help to investigate criminal charges against officials of Ukraine’s Spetstechnoexport, a state-run entity overseeing military exports and imports.
- The JWG will meet on June 4-5, six years after the two countries inked a defence cooperation pact.
- Ukraine will ask to help with maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) of Soviet-era weaponry at competitive prices.
Manipur to get India’s first sports university.
- After the Union Cabinet on May 23 approved an ordinance to set up the country’s first national sports university in Imphal.
- National Sports University Ordinance, 2018 will be on the lines of the National Sports University Bill, 2017, introduced in Lok Sabha last year.
- It will be a first-of-its-kind specialised University to promote sports education in the areas of sports sciences, sports technology.
Latest International Current Affairs June 2 Updates from around the globe.
Pakistan’s ex-chief justice to become the interim prime minister.
- Pakistan’s former chief justice Nasir-ul-Mulk is set to be sworn in as the caretaker prime minister for a period of two months.
- It is only the third time in Pakistan’s history that the National Assembly finished its five year term.
- Mulk will run the interim government from Friday until the July 25 vote.
Trump meets North Korean envoy, confirms Singapore Summit on June 12.
- US President Donald Trump confirmed that his Singapore Summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un would take place on June 12.
- Trump’s announcement came at the end of a nearly 80-minute meeting in the Oval Office of the White House with North Korean envoy Kim Yong Chol.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs June 2 updates by reading the news.
Ikea to enter the Indian market in July may trigger a price war.
- Swedish furniture maker Ikea could trigger a price war in India’s $49.5 billion home furniture and furnishings market with its Hyderabad store.
- Ikea, the world’s largest furniture retailer is set to slash prices further to appeal to a wider Indian audience.
- However, the company does not seem to be in a tearing hurry to expand its India footprint, with the Mumbai store, its second, expected to be launched only in mid-2019.
Google launches Files Go app in China.
- Alphabet Inc’s Google has launched a file managing tool in several Chinese app stores as it looks for fresh inroads into the world’s biggest smartphone market.
- The US firm on Thursday released a China-specific version of ‘Files Go’, a storage management tool for smartphones.
- Its search engine got a ban in the Chinese market along with its app store, email and cloud storage services.
Lt Gen Ranbir Singh takes over Army’s Northern command chief.
- Lieutenant General Ranbir Singh took over as chief of Army’s northern command, which looks after the operational area of sensitive Jammu and Kashmir.
- He took over as chief of the command from Lieutenant General Devraj Anbu, who assumed the charge of the Vice Chief of Army Staff.
- The general officer was commissioned into the 9th Battalion of the Dogra Regiment in 1980 and has had varied staff and command exposures.
Fortis board appoints Ravi Rajagopal as chairman.
- Fortis Healthcare on Friday said it has appointed Ravi Rajagopal as the chairman of the company’s board with immediate effect.
- Rajagopal (63), a chartered accountant, is currently a non-executive independent director on the Fortis board.
- Rajagopal, in his 35 year-long careers, has worked in various entities like ITC, Ranbaxy Laboratories and Diageo.
Palo Alto names former SoftBank exec Nikesh Arora CEO.
- Cybersecurity firm Palo Alto Networks Inc said on Friday it named former SoftBank Group Corp president Nikesh Arora as the chief executive officer and chairman.
- Arora, 50, succeeds Mark McLaughlin, who has led the company for nearly seven years and has played a major role in its torrid pace of growth.
- Palo Alto also reported third-quarter revenue of $567.1 million, beating analysts’ average estimate of $546.1 million, according to Thomson Reuters.
China signs deals worth $390 bn with ‘Belt and Road’ countries.
- China has inked trade deals worth $390 billion with the countries participating in its ambitious Belt and Road Initiative.
- The Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), a pet initiative of Chinese President Xi Jinping was proposed in 2013.
- The BRI aims to build trade and infrastructure networks connecting economies around the globe along with the ancient Silk Route.
Current Affairs June 2 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
India blank Chinese Taipei 5-0 in Intercontinental Cup opener.
- Captain Sunil Chhetri led from the front with a hat-trick as hosts India flexed their muscles and outplayed Chinese Taipei 5-0.
- Chhetri, India’s all-time highest scorer, led by example once again, scoring in the 14th, 34th and 62nd minute of the opener at the Mumbai Football Arena.
- Chhetri says we are really happy with the result but 2019 Asian Cup is our main target after the game.
Nepal, Scotland among four teams inducted in ICC ODI rankings.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) on Friday included Nepal, Netherlands, Scotland and the UAE in their ODI rankings list apart from the 12 existing countries.
- The ICC release states that results of all the bilateral ODIs involving these new teams.
- It will henceforth be taken into account while calculating the rating points.
- Nepal and the Netherlands will need to play four matches more in order to get into the table.
Links Related to Current Affairs June 2:
|Current Affairs | 01-June-2018||Current Affairs | 31-May-2018|
|June 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF May 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs June 2 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs June 2.