Current Affairs June 2018: Candidates who are looking to get the latest updates about daily current affairs can get all the information by reading this June 2018 Current Affairs. We will update this Current Affairs June page daily with latest trends happening around the world. Aspirants can download this June 2018 current affairs PDF from this page. We will be providing updates which are taking place in National & International wide. Just visit this page daily and get all the current affairs information in detail.
Current Affairs June 2018 – Date-wise Collections
|5th June Current Affairs News||6th June Current Affairs News|
|3rd June Current Affairs News||4th June Current Affairs News|
|1st June Current Affairs News||2nd June Current Affairs News|
June 2018 Current Affairs Updates
Current Affairs June 2018 News
In Meghalaya, the single-largest party now is Congress.
- Congress on Thursday retained the Ampati assembly seat to emerge as the single largest party in the Meghalaya assembly.
- With a tally of 14,259, Congress’s Miami D Shira defeated ruling National People’s Party (NPP) candidate Clement G Momin by a margin of 3,191 votes.
- Could Congress in Meghalaya also win over allies in the ruling Meghalaya Democratic Alliance (MDA).
PayPal joins Temasek in $125 million round for Pine Labs.
- PayPal has made its maiden investment in India with a bet on point-of-sale (PoS) payments provider Pine Labs as part of a $125-million funding round in the company.
- Singapore government’s sovereign wealth fund Temasek has jointly led the financing.
- The payments firm had raised $82 million (around Rs 530 crore) in March, led by emerging markets investor Actis.
Vijay Mallya resigns as Force India F1 director.
- Co-owner Vijay Mallya has resigned as a director of the Force India Formula One team but will continue to serve as principal and shareholder.
- Mallya, who lives in Britain, is fighting a court battle to prevent his extradition to India to face charges of fraud.
- The 62-year-old Indian, who denies wrongdoing, stands accused of fraudulently palming off losses from his now defunct Kingfisher Airlines.
June 2018 Current Affairs Updates
Menu of the first Indian restaurant in the UK auctioned for £8,500.
- More than 200 years after Patna-born Sake Dean Mohamed opened the first Indian restaurant in the United Kingdom at George Street in London has been auctioned for £8,500.
- The handwritten menu of the Hindostanee Coffee House, set up near Portman Square in 1810, was sold by Jarndyce Antiquarian Books.
- A plaque was unveiled in September 2005 at 102, George Street, close to the original site of his restaurant at 34, George Street, by the city of Westminster.
Ikea to enter the Indian market in July may trigger a price war.
- Swedish furniture maker Ikea could trigger a price war in India’s $49.5 billion home furniture and furnishings market with its Hyderabad store.
- Ikea, the world’s largest furniture retailer is set to reduce prices to appeal to the Indian audience.
- However, the company does not seem to be in a tearing hurry to expand its India footprint, with the Mumbai store, its second, expected to be launched only in mid-2019.
China signs deals worth $390 bn with ‘Belt and Road’ countries.
- China has inked trade deals worth $390 billion with the countries participating in its ambitious Belt and Road Initiative.
- The Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), a pet initiative of Chinese President Xi Jinping was proposed in 2013.
- The BRI aims to build trade and infrastructure networks connecting economies around the globe along with the ancient Silk Route.
June 2018 Current Affairs
India, China on way to give a fillip to security cooperation.
- The forthcoming visit by China’s state councillor and minister of public security, Zhao Kezhi, to India could give a fillip to proposed bilateral pacts on security cooperation.
- A Chinese military team will visit India this month to resume military-to-military cooperation.
- The two sides will meet to sign an umbrella agreement on security cooperation when home minister Rajnath Singh visited Beijing in 2015.
For the first time, China releases blacklist of 169 facing travel ban for breaking law.
- For the first time, China has officially released a list of blacklisted individuals.
- China will ban them from boarding flights or trains as a punishment for social misdemeanours.
- The names of 169 “severely discredited” individuals were posted on the Credit China website.
- The move is part of a plan by China’s National Development and Reform Commissions (NDRC).
Steve Smith, David Warner set for Global T20 Canada.
- Steve Smith and David Warner will play for the Global T20 Canada event starting June 48.
- Former Australia captain Smith made an announcement as a marquee player for the inaugural edition of the event.
- Warner, who was the vice-captain, got a ban for 12 months and Cameron Bancroft got the suspension for nine months.
Current Affairs June 2018 Updates
Aspirants can view the latest updates of Current Affairs June 2018 from the above article. Make use of the June Current Affairs 2018 which will help you to gain more General Knowledge. In Current Affairs 2018 June we are providing you with the important National, International and other Updates. June Current Affairs 2018 will contain all the information that you are looking for. Reading the Current Affairs 2018 June will be helpful in getting more marks in all competitive exams.