Daily Current Affairs June 3
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs June 3
India Successfully Test-Fires SFDR Propulsion Based Missile.
- Making a breakthrough in missile technology, India successfully carried out the flight test of Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR) propulsion based missile.
- The technology demonstrator flight test was conducted from the Launch Centre-III of Integrated Test Range at Chandipur in Odisha.
India Ranks 113th On Childhood Index.
- According to a Save the Children’s “End of Childhood Index 2018”, India ranks 113 among 175 countries with regards to where childhood is threatened as a result of poor health.
- The child marriages in India have come down to 15.2% from 21.1% in 2017.
- India jumped three positions up from 116 last year with improvement in India’s overall score by 14 points from 754 to 768 on a scale of 1000.
- Singapore and Slovenia are placed at the top sharing the first place in the index and Niger figures at the end of the list at 175.
Central Government sets up Cauvery Water Management Authority to address water sharing dispute.
- The Centre constituted the Cauvery Water Management Authority (CMA) in compliance with a Supreme Court order.
- On 16th of February, the Supreme Court had directed the government to form the CMA within six weeks.
- The authority would comprise a chairman, eight members besides a secretary.
- The central government will appoint the chairman for a tenure of five years.
- Out of eight members, two each will be full-time and part-time members, while the rest four will be part-time members from states.
Union Government working on a long-term solution to deal with rising fuel prices.
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari the government is working on a long-term solution to deal with rising fuel prices.
- Mr Gadkari was addressing a press conference in Pune yesterday to highlight the achievements of NDA government in the past four years.
- The Central Minister of the NDA Government under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi is committed to the development of the country.
Income Tax Department launches new Benami Transactions Informants Reward Scheme, 2018.
- The Income Tax Department has issued a new reward scheme titled “Benami Transactions Informants Reward Scheme, 2018.
- Under the new rewards scheme, a reward up to Rs 1 crore would be given to those who can give specific information in a prescribed manner.
- Substantial evasion of tax on income or assets in India which are actionable under the Income-tax Act, 1961.
- People of foreign origin would also be eligible for such a reward if they can provide the required specific information.
Latest International Current Affairs June 3 Updates from around the globe.
China Successfully Launches New Earth Observation Satellite.
- China successfully launches a new Earth observation satellite ‘the Gaofen-6’ which will be mainly used in agricultural resources research.
- The Satellite took a launch on a Long March-2D rocket from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in northwest China.
- It was the 276th mission of the Long March rocket series.
US vetoes Arab-backed UN draft resolution to protect Palestinians.
- The United States vetoed an Arab-backed UN draft resolution calling for measures to protect the Palestinians.
- Ten countries including China, France, and Russia voted in favour of the draft put forward by Kuwait on behalf of Arab countries at the Security Council.
- A draft resolution requires nine votes to be adopted in the 15-member council and no veto from the five permanent members including the US.
Donald Trump says he wouldn’t mind replacing NAFTA with 2 deals.
- President Donald Trump floated the idea of replacing the North American Free Trade Agreement with two separate trade deals one with Canada and one with Mexico.
- Trump said America’s neighbours are “two very different countries” that perhaps should no longer be governed by the same trade rules.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs June 3 updates by reading the news.
ONGC logs Rs 4,000 cr loss on gas production due to cap on prices.
- State-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGCNSE 0.46 %) logged a Rs 4,000 crore loss on natural gas output in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2018.
- As per a new mechanism approved by the government in October 2014, the price of domestically produced natural gas is to be revised every six months.
- India’s largest natural gas producer is demanding a floor or minimum price of natural gas be fixed at USD 4.2 per MMBtu for the business to make economic sense.
Infosys completes acquisition of WongDoody.
- The country’s second-largest IT services firm Infosys has completed the acquisition of US-based WongDoody.
- WongDoody Holding Company is a US-based digital creative and consumer insights agency.
- WongDoody has clients across industries like telecommunications, consumer electronics, healthcare and consumer packaged goods.
- It is headquartered in Seattle and has an office in Los Angeles.
Pedro Sanchez takes the appointment as Spain’s new PM.
- Spanish Socialist Pedro Sanchez is sworn in as the country’s new prime minister by King Felipe.
- Mr Sanchez took the oath to protect the constitution without a bible or crucifix – a first in Spain’s modern history.
- He plans to see out the remaining two years of the parliamentary term.
Abdel Fattah al-Sisi Sworn in as Egyptian President.
- In Egypt, President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi was sworn in for a second four-year term in office as the country faces major economic and security challenges.
- Sisi won 97% of valid votes in the March presidential election.
- His only opponent, Moussa Mostafa Moussa, was relatively unknown and a fervent Sisi supporter himself.
Tata Motors inks MoU to deploy 1,000 EVs.
- Tata Motors has inked a pact with Maharashtra government to deploy 1,000 electric vehicles (EVs) from its range of passenger and commercial vehicles across the state.
- The Tata Motors along with Tata Power will also facilitate setting up of EV charging stations in Maharashtra.
- The MoU boosts the Maharashtra Electric Vehicle Policy, 2018.
Current Affairs June 3 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Barcelona extend Samuel Umtiti’s contract until 2023.
- France defender Samuel Umtiti has agreed to extend his contract with Barcelona for five more seasons, the club said on Sunday.
- Umtiti arrived at Barca from Lyon in 2016 for 25 million euros ($29 million) and rapidly cemented his place in the starting lineup.
- The agreement continues a wave of contract extensions at Barca following deals for Lionel Messi (until 2021), Sergi Roberto (2022) and goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen (2022).
Kagiso Rabada wins South Africa’s Cricketer of the Year Award.
- South African speedster Kagiso Rabada was named as South Africa’s cricketer of the year on Saturday.
- This is the second occasion where Rabada has bagged the prestigious award after winning it in 2016.
- Rabada has been one of the most prolific performers for his national team picking up 72 wickets in 12 Tests.
Viswanathan Anand draws again at Altibox Norway Chess tournament.
- Viswanathan Anand played out his fourth draw on the trot, signing peace with Wesley So of United States in the fourth round of the Altibox Norway Chess tournament Stavanger.
- Sergey Karjakin of Russia took the sole second spot on 2.5 points after defeating Maxime Vachier-Lagrave of France.
- Anand now shares the third spot along with Levon Aronian of Armenia, Wesley and Nakamura.
Former footballer Timothy Pereira passes away.
- Timothy Pereira, former football international who represented Tata FC, died after a prolonged illness. Pereira was 75.
- He played for the country in 1967-68. Pereira also played hockey and represented Catholic Gymkhana in the local league.
Links Related to Current Affairs June 3:
|Current Affairs | 02-June-2018||Current Affairs | 01-June-2018|
|June 3018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF May 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs June 3 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs June 3.