Daily Current Affairs March 1
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 1
Himachal Pradesh CM Jai Ram Thakur to present the budget for 2018-19 on March 9.
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur will present his first budget for 2018-19 on March 9.
- The month-long budget session commencing on March 6 would have seventeen sittings, including two private members days and nine days recess from March 17 to 25.
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur, who also holds the finance portfolio would present his first budget on March 9, which would be passed on March 29.
84.86 percent polling in Meghalaya.
- State chief electoral officer F R Kharkongor said Meghalaya recorded 84.86 per cent polling in the assembly election held yesterday.
- In 2013 assembly elections in the state, the voter turnout was 86.82 percent.
- Polling in Williamnagar was countermanded after the death of NCP candidate Jonathon N Sangma in a militant attack last week.
India, Israel discuss border security, terror threats.
- The two-day meetings of the India-Israel joint steering committee on homeland and public security, which concluded today.
- The two countries discussed how to step up cooperation to deal with the grave threat that terrorism poses, including by non-state actors, to peace and security.
- In a statement, the home ministry said the objectives of the meetings were capacity building and modernisation in the police forces.
- The Indian team was headed by additional secretary in the home ministry T V S N Prasad.
Narendra Modi to host French prez in Varanasi on March 12.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will roll out the red carpet for French President Emmanuel Macron and his wife in Varanasi on March 12.
- After Macron, president of Germany Frank-Walter Steinmeier will visit Varanasi on March 22.
- This is the second time that Modi will host head of a nation in his parliamentary constituency.
- In December 2015, Modi had hosted his Japanese counterpart, Shinzo Abe.
India, Russia discuss support mechanism for INS Vikramaditya.
- A meeting of the Indo-Russian inter-governmental committee on military-technical co-operation, which is currently underway in Goa.
- They discussed issues related to speedy support mechanisms for aircraft carrier Vikramaditya.
- The statement also said they discussed the refits of EKM Submarines and enhancing the reliability of aircraft.
Delhi Metro services to start from 2.30pm on Holi.
- Services of the Delhi Metro trains will not be available until 2.30pm on Friday on account of Holi.
- The Metro services will continue normally thereafter with usual frequency.
- The Airport Line, that connects New Delhi railway station to the Delhi airport, is also scheduled to start operating after 2.30pm.
Latest International Current Affairs March 1 Updates from around the globe.
China plans first sea-launch of satellites.
- China is planning its first sea-launch of satellites, a Chinese aerospace official said on Wednesday.
- Yang Yiqiang, commander-in-chief of the Long March-11 rockets project of the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation.
- The sea launch will meet the growing needs for launching near-equatorial and low-inclination satellites, and improve the rockets adaptability.
China has the plan to build a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier.
- China is developing technologies to build a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, state media reported on Wednesday.
- The Chinese President Xi Jinping pledged in October last year to turn China’s military into a world-class fighting force by 2050.
- CSIC declined to immediately comment on the Global Times report.
- CSIC built China’s first home-built aircraft carrier, which took launch in April last year and will enter service in 2020.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 1 updates by reading the news.
IndiGo announces seven new domestic flights.
- Low-cost passenger carrier IndiGo announced seven new domestic flights on Wednesday.
- IndiGo will operate two direct daily flights on Hyderabad-Nagpur-Hyderabad sector, three direct daily flights on Hyderabad-Mangalore-Hyderabad sector from March 25, 2018.
- From May 1, two direct daily flights will operate on the Chennai-Mangalore-Chennai sector.
Check out the latest defence news by reading Current Affairs March 1 updates.
India successfully test-fires ATGM Nag in desert conditions.
- India successfully test-fired Anti Tank Guided Missiles (ATGM) Nag in desert conditions.
- The Nag ATGM has been developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Wednesday’s flight tests have once again proved their capability.
- Anti Tank Guided Missiles (ATGM) NAG was successfully flight-tested today in desert conditions against two tank targets at different ranges and timings.
Defence ministry approved purchase of 41K LMGs, 3.5 lakh carbines.
- The defence ministry on Wednesday approved capital acquisition proposals worth nearly Rs 9,435 crores.
- It includes procurement of 41,000 light machine guns and over 3.5 lakh battle carbines to bolster firepower.
- They said the weapons are being procured particularly to enhance the firepower of soldiers deployed along India’s borders with Pakistan and China.
R Subrahmanyam takes the appointment as Higher Education Secretary.
- The Centre appointed R Subramanyam as the new Secretary, Higher Education in the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- The 1985-batch IAS officer from Andhra Pradesh cadre had been serving as Special Secretary in the department.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet cleared a reshuffle in middle and higher bureaucracy Wednesday.
Shivanand Jha appointed Gujarat DGP.
- A 1983-batch Indian Police Service officer, Shivanand Jha takes the appointment as the new director general of police (DGP) of Gujarat.
- The government is happy to appoint Shivanand Jha, IPS (GJ-1983) on a vacant post of DGP.
- With this, Jha will be the first full-time DGP to take the appointment in the state since April 15, 2016.
Current Affairs March 1 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Ashwin ruled out of Deodhar Trophy.
- Off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin has been ruled out for the upcoming Deodhar Trophy due to injury.
- The tournament is scheduled to take place in Dharamsala from March 4-8.
- The selectors have named Shahbaz Nadeem as the replacement and Ankit Bawne as captain of the India A team.
Prominent UK Sikh lawyer Navtej Singh Ahluwalia passes away.
- Prominent Sikh lawyer Navtej Singh Ahluwalia, who was involved in several human rights cases passed away.
- Better known as ‘Navi’, Ahluwalia was associated with law firm Garden Court Chambers.
- Ahluwalia is survived by two children besides other members of the family.
Links Related to Current Affairs March 1:
|Current Affairs | 28-Feb-2018||Current Affairs | 27-Feb-2018|
|March 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Feb 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs March 1 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs March 1.