Daily Current Affairs March 11
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 11
4 cities shortlisted by the union government for international yoga day event.
- Jaipur, Hyderabad, Ahmadabad, and Mysore were the cities shortlisted to hold the main event of the International Yoga Day this year.
- The Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) will select one city as the venue of the 21st June main function of IYD.
- An International Yoga festival will held in March end, followed by 10 state-level festivals held in different parts of the country.
- 100 parks will be dedicated to yoga activities across the country.
- The United Nations General Assembly, made the declaration in December 2014 to observe June 21 every year as IDY.
ISRO to launch Chandrayaan-2 by April this year.
- Indian Space Research Organization is planning for an April launch of the Chandrayaan-2 satellite to the moon.
- If the April deadline fails, then ISRO will aim for a launch by October.
- Chandrayaan-2 consists of an orbiter, lander and six-wheeled rover which would move around the landing site and instruments on it would send back useful data.
- ISRO is working on a new application that hopes to inform fishermen where large quantities of fish are available.
- It also give them messages about the weather and condition of the sea.
India and France to deepen cooperation in the field of environment.
- India and France signed a pact to deepen their cooperation in the field of environment to lead the fight against climate change.
- Ahead of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) summit, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and French President Emmanuel Macron welcomed the Framework Agreement of the ISA.
- Both the nations committed to fully implement the historic Paris climate change Agreement at the forthcoming Conference of Parties (COP24).
- Minister of State for Environment Mahesh Sharma and French Minister of State, of the Minister for the Ecological and Inclusive Transition, Brune Poirson signed the agreement.
- Exchange of information and their technical experts in the field of environment and climate change will be the focus of the pact.
- National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE), Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, and the National Solar Energy Institute (INES), France also signed an MoU.
Latest International Current Affairs March 11 Updates from around the globe.
Anti-corruption prosecution units established by the king of Saudi Arabia.
- Saudi Arabia’s king has established a anti-corruption unit of prosecutors to tackle the embezzlement cases in the kingdom.
- State-run Saudi Press Agency announced the King’s decision today.
- Saudi Arabia arrested dozens of princes, business leaders and government officials in November.
- The arrests netted more than $106 billion in exchange for the release most of the detainees.
- Critics say the arrests were more to consolidate Crown Prince Mohammed‘s power.
Japan marks seventh anniversary of the deadly 2011 tsunami.
- The Japanese people marked the seventh anniversary of a tsunami that took more than 18,000 lives on the northeast coast.
- The tsunami had triggered a nuclear disaster that turned nearby communities into ghost towns.
- A 9.0 magnitude earthquake that stuck off shore from the Japanese Coast set off the tsunami on March 11, 2011.
- The seaside Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant suffered partial meltdowns in three reactors due to the tsunami.
- Over 70,000 people were displaced with no option of returning to their homes.
- Prince Akishino, the second son of Japanese Emperor Akihito, expressed hope that the tsunami would raise awareness about future natural disasters.
Appointments and Resignation – Current Affairs March 11
Check out the latest appointments and resignation world over.
Parag Agrawal of IIT-Bombay is appointed as the Chief Technology Officer of Twitter.
- Twitter has appointed Parag Agrawal as it’s Chief Technology Officer.
- Parag Agrawal, joined twitter as an Ads Engineer in 2011.
- He succeeds Adam Messinger who left the micro blogging site in December 2016.
- According to his LinkedIn profile, Agrawal had earlier worked at Microsoft and AT&T.
- Chief Operating Officer Anthony Noto resigned last month to join online lender Social Finance (SoFi) as CEO.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 11 updates by reading the news.
UK based Koovs to raise 23 million pounds to expand it’s business.
- Online fashion player Koovs plc is planning to raise 22-23 million pounds to grow and expand it’s presence in the Indian e-commerce market.
- Koovs, which sells affordable western fashion in India online, has already invested about 70 million pounds in the business.
- Koovs Chairman Waheed Alli said, Koovs is expecting GBP 50 million to fund their acceleration plan. The funding will be received in parts with GBP 22-23 million expected this year.
- The company had raised 10.9 million pounds (about Rs 92 crore) from existing and new shareholders in 2016 November.
- Times of India Group had also invested 3.9 million pounds.
Singapore’s Ascendas-Singbridge to acquire 1m-sqft business space in Bengaluru.
- Ascendas-Singbridge is set to acquire the rights for one million sqft of upcoming office space from city-based developer GM Infinite in a deal worth just under $100 million.
- Ascendas is jointly owned by Temasek and JTC Corporation.
- The company hopes to get greenfield office space developments of GM Infinite across Bengaluru’s IT corridors, including Electronic City.
- The company currently manages over 13 million sqft of assets across seven IT parks in Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Gurgaon and Mumbai.
- It is the oldest international asset manager of India’s business parks. Global investors like Blackstone, Brookfield Asset Management and Qatar Investment Authority are it’s competitors.
- Bengaluru’s earliest tech park ITPB in Whitefield is owned by Ascendas.
Agreement Affairs – Current Affairs March 11
India and France sign 14 pacts to boost cooperation.
- PM Modi and Emanuel Macron signed 14 agreements in areas that showcased the depth of confidence in each other.
- The 14 pacts covers various areas such as nuclear energy, defense production, maritime security, space and education.
- India and France has decided to recognize each other’s university degrees, which will benefit students going to France for higher studies or for employment.
- The two countries agreed to provide logistics support between both armed forces including the navies.
- Indian and French forces will be able to access each other’s ports and bases in the Indian Ocean region.
- The summit also pushed the deal for France’s EDF to build 6 nuclear reactors in Jaitapur.
- Both countries signed an “Industrial Way Forward Agreement” between NPCIL and EDF — the reactor with a promised 9.6 GW capacity.
Current Affairs March 11 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Sunil Chhetri takes Bengaluru FC to finals with a hat trick.
- Sunil Chhetri’s hattrick ensured a 3-1 win for Bengaluru FC against FC Pune City in semi-final of Indian Super League.
- The Indian captain scored in the 15th, 65th and 89th minute for the ISL debutantes.
- Jonatan Luca scored through a brilliant free-kick in the 82nd minute for Pune City.
- Chhetri got his 12th goal of the tournament and the second for his side in 65th minute with a penalty.
Matt Wallace beats Andrew Johnston to win Indian Open title.
- British Golfer Matt Wallace defeated Andrew Johnston in the first hole of their play-off to win his second European Tour title at the Indian Open.
- Wallace shared the lead along with Shubhankar Sharma after the penultimate round, carded a four-under 68 at the DLF Golf and Country Club to soar to the top on 11-under.
- Johnston entered the day in joint fourth, got six birdies in a bogey-free 66.
- Kim Sihwan sealed third position on eight-under after carding an impressive 68 in the final round.
- Pablo Larrazabal of Spain and Austrian Matthias Schwab shared a joint-fourth spot.
Obituary News – Current Affairs March 11
Check here for recent deaths of prominent personalities in Politics, Sports, Entertainment, etc.
Patangrao Kadam, senior congress leader, dies in Mumbai.
- Former Maharashtra minister Patangrao Kadam passed away at a hospital in Mumbai after prolonged illness.
- He was a leader of the Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC).
- He was 74 years old and is survived by his son Vishwajeet Kadam, a Youth Congress leader.
- Congress leader Sonia Gandhi visited Lilavati Hospital, where Kadam had been undergoing treatment for renal dysfunction.
- Kadam was elected to the state Assembly four times from Palus-Kadegaon constituency in Sangli district.
- Kadam contested his first Assembly election in 1980 as an Independent candidate.
- Under the congress government he held key portfolios such as cooperation, forest, relief & rehabilitation, education and industry.
Links Related to Current Affairs March 11:
|Current Affairs | 10-March-2018||Current Affairs | 09-March-2018|
|March 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Feb 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs March 11 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs March 10.