Daily Current Affairs March 12
|This Day in History|
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 12
Dhinakaran set to launch a new party, unveil flag on March 15.
- Rebel AIADMK leader and independent MLA from RK Nagar T T V Dhinakaran is ready to launch his own outfit.
- He announced that he would launch the party and unveil its flag in Melur, near Madurai, on March 15.
- The party name will surely have ‘Amma’ in it, but beyond it is anybody’s guess.
- The initial plan was to target about 70 winnable assembly segments and focus attention there.
MHA plans to launch software to boost Hindi content on the web.
- The ministry of home affairs (MHA) was preparing to launch a memory-based software that can translate world knowledge and literature into Hindi.
- The software is currently being developed by MHA’s department of official language and is likely to be launched in August.
- MHA officials said although Hindi had one of the highest numbers of speakers in the world, its content on the web remained less.
Macron announces extra €700m for green energy.
- French President Emmanuel Macron announced an additional investment of 700 million euros for global solar energy generation.
- France had earlier committed 300 million euros for promoting solar energy around the world.
- He also heaped praise on India and other nations for turning the International Solar Alliance (ISA) into a reality.
Hillary arrives on a 3-day visit to MP.
- Former US secretary of state Hillary Clinton arrived on Sunday on a three-day private visit to Madhya Pradesh.
- She will visit the place where the famous Maheshwari sarees have been weaved for long.
- The former US Secretary of State is in Maheshwar at the invitation of Richard Holkar, scion of the erstwhile Holkar kingdom.
Isro aims to launch Chandrayaan-2 by April.
- The Isro on Sunday said it is aiming for an April launch of the Chandrayaan-2 satellite.
- If the April launch of the Chandrayaan-2, the country’s second mission to the moon, is not possible, then the Isro will aim for a launch by October.
- The Chandrayaan-2 satellite would comprise an orbiter, lander and six-wheeled rover which would move around the landing site.
- Sivan said scientists were also gearing up for the launch of communication satellite GSAT-6 on-board GSLV-F08, scheduled later this month.
India’s first coastal policing academy to start from next month.
- The country’s first national academy to train police forces will start functioning from the next month along the Gujarat seafront.
- The Union home ministry recently sanctioned the launch of the National Academy of Coastal Policing in the newly created Devbhoomi Dwarka district.
- The BSF will also provide security to the campus which on the Arabian Sea coast and is at a flying distance from the Pakistan coast.
Latest International Current Affairs March 12 Updates from around the globe.
India, China important engines of regional and global economic growth.
- A top official of International Monetary Fund said India and China have been important engines of regional and global economic growth.
- In 2017, India and China were responsible for almost half of global growth.
- A strong economic partnership between India and China would be beneficial, and their collaboration is welcome.
Google honours British chemist Sir William Henry Perkin birth anniversary with a doodle.
- Google honoured British chemist Sir William Henry Perkin with a doodle on what would have been his 180th birthday.
- He is best known for his accidental discovery of the first aniline dye: the purple mauveine.
- At the age of 14, Mr. Perkin attended the prestigious City of London School setting him on a path of scientific discovery.
- Mr Perkin passed away in 1907 after suffering from pneumonia and is buried in Harrow.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 12 updates by reading the news.
Honda Aircraft enters India market for its business plane HondaJet.
- Honda Aircraft Company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Honda Motor, has entered the Indian market.
- It has appointed Arrow Aircraft Sales and Charters Private Ltd as an authorized sales representative.
- HondaJet authorized network exists in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia.
Air India completes Boeing deal, takes delivery of 23rd Boeing 777.
- Air India has taken delivery of its 23rd and the last Boeing 777 plane which can be used in ultra-long-haul routes.
- The last B777-300 ER, which can carry almost 300 passengers and be bearing registration number VT-ALX, landed at the Indira Gandhi international airport.
- Air India took the delivery of the last 777 aircraft from the Seattle facility of Boeing on Thursday.
Manmohan Vaidya, Mukunda CR appointed new RSS Sah Sarkaryavahs.
- The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) on Sunday appointed Manmohan Vaidya and Mukunda CR as its two new Sah Sarkaryavahs.
- With these appointments, the RSS now has six Sah Sarakaryavahs an all-time high.
- Prior to his appointment as Sah Sarkaryavah, Vaidya was the Akhil Bharatiya Prachar Pramukh (communication in charge) of the RSS.
India, France ink 14 pacts to boost cooperation.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Emanuel Macron met in New Delhi to sign 14 agreements.
- Covering nuclear energy, defence production, maritime security, space and education, India and France are in the process of cementing a partnership.
- French president Macron shared that India and France have decided to work together to deal with threats of terrorism and radicalization.
SpiceJet inks $12.5 billion deal with France’s Safran Group for aircraft engines.
- Airline SpiceJet inked USD 12.5 billion deal with French major Safran Group for CFM aircraft engines.
- At current exchange rate, the deal is worth more than Rs 81,000 crore and is one of the biggest in the aviation sector.
- CFM engines are manufactured by CFM International, a joint venture between Safran and General Electric.
- The deal was inked at the Indo- French Economic Partnership signing ceremony here on the occasion of French President Emmanuel Macron visit to India.
Current Affairs March 12 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Vinod Kambli to mentor Mumbai T20 League franchise.
- Former India star Vinod Kambli will make a comeback to competitive cricket.
- He will mentor when the Shivaji Park Lions start their campaign in the inaugural Mumbai T20 League.
- The Shivaji Park Lions team will be led by Mumbai’s consistent middle-order batsman Siddhesh Lad.
Akhil Sheoran wins 50m Rifle 3-position gold.
- Competing in his first shooting World Cup, Sheoran won the gold medal in the men’s 50m rifle 3-position event.
- Sheoran was the youngest of the three Indian shooters in the final which featured three-time World Cup medallist Sanjeev Rajput.
- Indian registered two shots of 10.8 and five shots above 10.3 to emerge as the champion.
Links Related to Current Affairs March 12:
|Current Affairs | 11-March-2018||Current Affairs | 10-March-2018|
|March 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Feb 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs March 12 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs March 12.