Daily Current Affairs March 14
Trending News of Today
Stephen Hawking: Visionary physicist dies aged 76.
- World-renowned physicist Stephen Hawking has died at the age of 76.
- His family released a statement in the early hours of Wednesday morning confirming his death at his home in Cambridge.
- Dr Hawking did that largely through his book “A Brief History of Time: From the Big Bang to Black Holes,” published in 1988.
- Scientifically, Dr Hawking will be best remembered for a discovery so strange that it might be expressed in the form of a Zen koan.
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 14
Special Chinese envoy to visit India between March 18-21.
- In the current springtime atmosphere between India and China, India will host a significant Chinese leader this weekend.
- Song Tao, chief of the international relations department of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) will visit India between March 18-21.
- Song Tao is certain to meet the leaders of CPM and other Left parties as well as Sonia and Rahul Gandhi of the Congress party.
India announces $100m line of credit for defence procurement by Mauritius.
- President Ram Nath Kovind announced a new $100 million line of credit for defence procurement by Mauritius.
- According to a statement by the Rashtrapati Bhavan, there will be a finance of $5 million and the new line of credit.
- During French president, Emanuel Macron’s visit last week, India and France signed an agreement under which both the nations would open their naval bases to warships.
- In Madagascar too, where Kovind will visit next, India is also looking at a security agreement.
India-Russia bilateral summit likely to take place in Oct.
- The India-Russia annual bilateral summit this year is likely to take place in October.
- The event would be the “high point” of the celebrations marking 70 years of diplomatic ties between the two nations.
- Ambassador of Russia to India Nikolay Rishatovich Kudashev also described the current ties between the two countries as “excellent”.
- And, the high point of the celebrations, would be the (India-Russia) bilateral summit, expected to take place here in India in October.
Foreign minister Sushma Swaraj to visit China in April for a key meeting
- External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj will travel to China next month to participate in the foreign ministers meeting of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation.
- Swaraj’s visit also comes in the backdrop of efforts being made by India and China to move forward after last year’s military stand-off in Doklam.
- According to officials, Swaraj is scheduled to travel to Japan on a bilateral visit from March 28, and will also undertake a trip to the US.
- India, which had been an ‘observer’ in the Eurasian grouping since 2005, was made full member last year along with Pakistan.
Latest International Current Affairs March 14 Updates from around the globe.
Shahbaz Sharif elected PML-N chief.
- Pakistan’s ruling PML-N on Tuesday elected Punjab chief minister Shahbaz Sharif as its president.
- Nawaz Sharif was last month also barred from leading a political party following his disqualification by the Supreme Court.
- Shahbaz was elected unopposed as no one filed nomination papers against him during the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz’s.
- “Nawaz Sharif will be the political heir of Quaid-i-Azam (Jinnah) and we are lucky to have been blessed with a leader like Nawaz Sharif.
Bidya Devi Bhandari re-elected Nepal’s president.
- Bidya Devi Bhandari was on Tuesday re-elected the President of Nepal with an overwhelming majority.
- She was the candidate of the ruling Left Alliance and was supported by two major Madhesi parties.
- She defeated Kumari Laxmi Rai of the Nepali Congress, the main opposition party, by securing a majority of more than two-thirds.
Iran asks Pakistan to join Chabahar project, backs Kashmir cause.
- Iran has invited China and Pakistan to participate in the development of the strategic Chabahar port.
- To extended support to the right of self-determination for the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Foreign minister Javad Zarif, on a three-day visit to Islamabad, asked Pakistan to take a role in developing the port in the Gulf of Oman.
US Defense Secretary Jim Mattis arrives in Kabul.
- Mattis planned to meet with Gen. John Nicholson, the top American commander in Afghanistan.
- Last week, senior US intelligence officials gave Congress a decided mix forecast for Afghanistan.
- They said that while Afghan forces are getting better, the Taliban is likely to threaten Afghan stability in 2018.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 14 updates by reading the news.
Apple Music hits 38 million paid subscribers.
- Apple Inc’s streaming music service now has 38 million paid subscribers, up from 36 million in February.
- The Apple is locked in a race for subscribers with Amazon.com Inc, Alphabet Inc’s Google and others as streaming music becomes the dominant form.
- Amazon Music Unlimited has 16 million paying subscribers, and Pandora Media Inc has 5.48 million total subscribers.
NHAI awards Rs 1,047 crore Dwarka Expressway package to L&T under Bharatmala.
- The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has awarded to L&T one of the five packages of Rs 7,500 crore Dwarka Expressway project.
- The package to build an eight-lane expressway from Basai RoB to NH 8 – SPR intersection in Haryana will at a cost of Rs 1,047 crore.
- The NHAI has issued Letter of Award – LOA for Package-4 of Dwarka Expressway from Basai RoB to NH-8.
AirAsia India adds the 17th jet to the fleet, to launch services to Imphal.
- Budget carrier AirAsia India on Tuesday added one more A320 aircraft in the fleet, raising its size to 17.
- It announced the launch of its services to Imphal from New Delhi as well as Delhi and Pune from Bengaluru from early next month.
- The Tata Sons and Malaysian airliner’s group AirAsia-invested AirAsia India is still short of three planes to qualify for launching international operations.
Apple acquires digital magazine Texture, takes on Flipboard, Google Newsstand.
- Apple has acquired Texture, a digital magazine subscription service which gives users unlimited access to their favourite titles for a monthly fee for an undisclosed amount.
- Called the “Netflix of magazines”, Texture brings over 200 of the world’s best magazines to life.
- Texture costs $9.99 a month and offers access to magazines like The New Yorker, People, Time and GQ.
Current Affairs March 14 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Goalkeeper Gurpreet renews Bengaluru FC contract for five more years.
- Bengaluru FC goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Sandhu has signed a new deal which will keep him with the Blues until May 2023.
- The first-of-its-kind in the Blues’ short history, Gurpreet is the third player to sign an extension this season.
- Signed by Bengaluru from Norwegian club Stabaek the 26-year-old has been in top form throughout the season.
AS Roma defeat Shakhtar Donetsk to enter UEFA Champions League QF.
- Roma overcame a poor first-half performance to beat Shakhtar Donetsk 1-0 on Tuesday and reach the quarterfinals of the UEFA Champions League.
- It is the first time in 11 years that two Italian teams are in the quarterfinals, with the draw taking place Friday.
- Shakhtar dominated possession early and Taison almost scored but his effort flew narrowly over the crossbar.
Manchester United lose 2-1 to Sevilla, knocked out of the Champions League.
- Sevilla beat Manchester United 2-1 to go through to the quarter-final of the Champions League.
- With the Premier League also practically out of reach, they can finally use all their resources to try and win the FA Cup again.
Links Related to Current Affairs March 14:
|Current Affairs | 13-March-2018||Current Affairs | 12-March-2018|
|March 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Feb 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs March 14 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs March 14.