Daily Current Affairs March 15
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 15
BJP loses all 3 Lok Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar.
- In a stunning blow to the BJP ahead of the 2019 general elections, the party on Wednesday lost bypolls to all three Lok Sabha seats.
- It lost all three Lok Sabha seats it contested, including its bastion Gorakhpur, and Phulpur in Uttar Pradesh, besides Araria in Bihar.
- The shocker for the BJP came days after its surprise win in three northeastern states, including Tripura.
Bengaluru ranked last in urban governance survey.
- Karnataka’s capital and India’s IT capital is at rock bottom of the chart of 23 major Indian cities in terms of urban governance.
- The survey was done by Annual Survey of India’s City-Systems (ASICS) 2017 by the Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy, a Bengaluru-based non-profit organisation.
- The survey, released on Wednesday, evaluated the quality of governance in 23 major cities across 20 states, based on 89 questions.
- ASICS 2016 had placed Bengaluru at 16th spot among 21cities.
- Most cities have scored between 3 and 5.1 out of 10, with Pune topping the charts for the first time.
- Other cities in the top five are Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram, Bhubaneswar and Surat, with scores in the range of 4.6 to 4.5.
Hillary Clinton arrives in Rajasthan.
- Former United StatesSecretary of State Hillary Clinton arrived in Rajasthan’s Jodhpur city.
- She is scheduled to visit Umaid Bhawan Palace and Mehrangarh Fort respectively.
- In 2016 US presidential elections, Clinton, who was the Democratic presidential nominee, was defeated by Republican rival and current US President Donald Trump.
Meghalaya budget session to begin on Friday.
- The newly-elected Meghalaya cabinet is gearing up for its first budget session, which begins on March 16 and will continue till April 20.
- Chief minister Conrad Sangma, who also holds the finance portfolio, said, “I am busy preparing the budget.
- During this session, election to the post of deputy speaker has also been scheduled, on March 21.
Latest International Current Affairs March 15 Updates from around the globe.
Finland is world’s happiest country, India ranks 133 out of 156 nations.
- Finland is the world’s happiest country, according to an annual survey issued on Wednesday.
- India was ranked at 133 in the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network’s (SDSN) 2018 World Happiness Report.
- Finland, rose from fifth place last year to oust Norway from the top spot.
- The United States came in at 18th, down from 14th place last year. Britain was 19th and the United Arab Emirates 20th.
India-US 2+2 dialogue depends on Pompeo’s confirmation.
- President Donald Trump’s firing of his top diplomat Rex Tillerson may result in the postponement of the inaugural 2+2 dialogue between India and the US.
- The 2+2 dialogue, in which the defence and external affair ministers of both countries will simultaneously meet, is scheduled for April 18.
- The 2+2 dialogue was announced last August after a phone call between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Trump on the eve of India’s Independence Day.
Oklahoma to become first US state to use nitrogen gas for executions.
- Oklahoma plans to start using nitrogen gas for executions in what would be the first such method of capital punishment in the United States.
- The state is turning to nitrogen after it and other states became unable to acquire drugs.
- Nitrogen is an odourless and tasteless gas that makes up about 78 percent of the air humans breathe but causes death when inhaled without any oxygen.
Nepal Prime Minister KP Oli sacks Chief Justice Gopal Parajuli.
- The Judicial Council of Nepal ‘sacked’ Chief Justice Gopal Prasad Parajuli on Wednesday.
- A day after he rejected Prime Minister K P Oli’s request to resign or take a long leave.
- Parajuli called the Council’s act illegal and said he would remain the Chief Justice.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 15 updates by reading the news.
Google Maps’ voice navigation now available in 6 new Indian languages.
- Google Maps launched two more India-focused features voice navigation in six new local languages and smart address search.
- The Google added “Voice Navigation” in six more languages: Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil and Malayalam.
- Google advised people not to include personal details or names while adding an address.
Wipro to sell data services biz.
- Wipro will divest its hosted data centre services business to Chicago-based hybrid IT services provider Ensono for $405 million.
- The Wipro said it will transition eight data centres and over 900 employees to Ensono.
- As part of the agreement, Wipro will make an investment of $55 million in Ensono’s combined entity.
Boeing inks deal with Tata group company TAL to make beams for Dreamliners.
- US aviation major Boeing and TAL Manufacturing Solutions (TAL), a Tata group company, signed a new contract on Wednesday.
- They inked to manufacture advanced composite floor beams for Boeing’s 787-9/10 Dreamliners at the latter’s dedicated facility in Nagpur.
- Boeing and various Tata group companies are already manufacturing aerostructures for the aircraft maker’s commercial and military planes.
- Boeing had awarded the first contract to TAL for the floor beams in October 2011.
Rogers appointed Australia high-performance coach.
- Former Test opening batsman Chris Rogers was Wednesday appointed as Cricket Australia’s new high-performance coach.
- The 40-year-old called time on his 25-Test career after the end of the 2015 Ashes series and has been involved in multiple coaching roles since then.
- We’re looking forward to having Chris work with Australia’s next generation and watching him develop as a coach.
Current Affairs March 15 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Lionel Messi reaches 100 Champions League goals.
- Lionel Messi scored two brilliant goals and created another for Ousmane Dembele as Barcelona thrashed Chelsea 3-0.
- Messi opened the scoring after two minutes and eight seconds, the quickest goal of his career.
- Barcelona reached the Champions League quarter-finals for the 11th consecutive season.
Bayern reaches Champions League quarter-finals for the seventh year in a row.
- Bayern Munich’s 3-1 win at Besiktas on Wednesday as the German giants cruised into the quarter-finals for the seventh year in a row.
- For Bayern coach Jupp Heynckes, who replaced Carlo Ancelotti in October, this was his 11th straight win in the Champions League.
Pakistan football team’s international ban lifted by FIFA.
- Pakistan’s ban from international soccer is lifted by FIFA following the end of undue third-party interference.
- The ban, in force since October, had barred Pakistan’s teams, including the senior national side, from playing in international competition.
- FIFA said it lifted the ban after an administrator appointed by the Lahore High Court was directed to hand control back to the PFF.
Links Related to Current Affairs March 15:
|Current Affairs | 14-March-2018||Current Affairs | 13-March-2018|
|March 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Feb 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs March 15 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs March 15.