Daily Current Affairs March 16
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 16
German President Steinmeier to visit India from March 22.
- German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier will visit India from March 22 to 25 with an aim to strengthen bilateral ties.
- It will be his first visit to India as the German President.
- Apart from his engagements here, Steinmeier, who will be accompanied by a delegation of top German businessmen and indologists.
- He had visited India several times in his former capacity as the Foreign Minister and Vice Chancellor of Germany.
- The last German President to visit India was Joachim Gauck in February 2014.
- Germany is India’s largest trading partner in Europe and the sixth largest trading partner in the world. India was ranked 24th in Germany’s global trade.
Maharashtra cabinet approves the ban on plastic carry bags.
- The state cabinet on Thursday approved the environment department’s proposal to ban plastic carry bags and certain other items in Maharashtra.
- The ban was earlier set to come into effect on Gudi Padwa, but now it looks like it will be enforced by the month-end with the issue of a notification.
- The ban covers disposable plastic cups, plates, spoons and flex, but excludes garbage bin liners and PET bottles.
- The highlight of the ban is that both manufacturers and users will be penalized.
Govt launches Clean India Mission in Tiruvannamalai.
- Tamil Nadu governor Banwarilal Purohit on Thursday launched the Swachh Bharat Mission programme in front of Sri Arunachaleswarar Temple.
- Interacting with the shopkeepers in front of the temple, he urged them not to litter the street.
- Later, he inaugurated a blood donation camp at Yatri Nivas, where 120 students and volunteers donated blood.
- Purohit also handed over the key of a new vehicle to Red Cross Society, Tiruvannamalai.
Rahul Gandhi likely to unveil the blueprint for Congress revival at three-day plenary.
- Gandhi nominated local leaders as the party’s candidates, ignoring, in the process, some well-entrenched Congressmen.
- The move has rekindled hopes among Congress workers that Gandhi may be willing to take tough decisions in the party’s interest.
- Sonia Gandhi would try not to antagonise the “Delhi coterie” and at times ignore the aspirations of regional leaders.
Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai among the cheapest cities in the world.
- Three Indian cities New Delhi, Bengaluru and Chennai are among the cheapest cities in the world, according to an Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) survey.
- The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) survey, named Singapore as the most expensive city.
- Bangalore, Chennai, Karachi and New Delhi featured among the 10 cheapest locations surveyed.
Latest International Current Affairs March 16 Updates from around the globe.
Trump announces Larry Kudlow as his new chief economic adviser.
- US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that Lawrence Kudlow will be his new chief economic adviser and chairman of the national economic council.
- Kudlow, a prominent Republican economic analyst, will succeed Gary Cohn, who resigned earlier this month.
- He had earlier served in the budget office of former president Ronald Reagan and had advised the Trump campaign informally.
Vladimir Putin rides ‘Russia First’ wave towards election victory.
- Russian voters are set to propel Vladimir Putin to another term as president in an election on Sunday.
- Opinion polls show Putin, 65, with a commanding election lead, all but guaranteeing him another term that will take him to nearly a quarter century in power.
- They say U.S. and European sanctions imposed over the Ukraine crisis are a price worth paying.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 16 updates by reading the news.
India to force mills to export 2-4 million tonnes of surplus sugar.
- India will soon bring in rules to force sugar mills to export millions of tonnes of surplus supplies to prop up local prices.
- The country is likely to produce a record 29.5 million tonnes of sugar in the 2017/18 season that ends on September 30.
- The government will first scrap the 20% of sugar export tax and then ask mills to compulsorily export 2-4 million tonnes.
Huawei to continue investing in the US despite the setback.
- Chinese telecoms giant Huawei says it will continue to invest in the United States despite recent setbacks in its efforts to boost sales there.
- News reports in January said lucrative American market signed a deal with AT&T, but the agreement fell through under US government pressure.
- In the past, Huawei officials have rejected US security complaints as politically motivated or possibly an attempt by competitors to keep it out of the market.
Slovak Prime Minister Fico resigns, successor named.
- Slovak Prime Minister Robert Ficoresigned on Thursday after more than two weeks of political turmoil.
- President Andrej Kiska accepted Fico’s resignation at a ceremony and mandated his deputy, Peter Pellegrini, to form a new government.
Current Affairs March 16 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Punjab requests rescheduling of KXIP matches.
- The Punjab Cricket Association has requested BCCI to reschedule two league matches of Kings XI Punjab in the upcoming Indian Premier League.
- As per the existing schedule, KXIP is supposed to play four home games in Mohali between May 4 and 14.
Indian football team re-enters top-100 in FIFA rankings.
- The Indian football team has re-entered the top-100 of the FIFA world rankings and is now placed at 99th in the latest chart released on Thursday.
- India now has 339 points to its kitty to be at the joint 99th spot with Libya.
- Among Asian countries, the Indian team is now at the 13th spot, above the likes of Qatar, Oman, Jordan, Bahrain and North Korea.
England cricket team to tour Sri Lanka for the first time in six years.
- The England cricket team will tour Sri Lanka for the first time in over six years to play three Tests, five one-day internationals and a one-off Twenty20 match.
- The tour will begin on October 10 with a day-night ODI at Dambulla, Sri Lanka Cricket said in a statement.
- There will be three day-night ODI matches in all while the T20 will also be a day-night game.
Sanjeevani Jadhav wins bronze in Asian Cross Country Championship.
- Sanjeevani Jadhav clocked 28 minutes 19 seconds to clinch the bronze medal in the Asian Cross Country Championship in Guiyang on Thursday.
- The Indian women’s team of Sanjeevani, Swati Gadhave, Jhuma Khatun and Lalita Babar also won a bronze.
- The performance of three best finishers of a country in the individual race is considered for the team medal.
Links Related to Current Affairs March 16:
|Current Affairs | 15-March-2018||Current Affairs | 14-March-2018|
|March 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Feb 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs March 16 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs March 16.