Daily Current Affairs March 17
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 17
HAL to deliver three Tejas planes by month-end.
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) said it plans to deliver three more light combat aircraft to the Indian Air Force (IAF) by the end of March.
- HT reported on Friday that LCA production woes had led to disenchantment and frustration in the IAF that has ordered 123 such planes.
- The IAF is nearing 1,000 sorties after formation of 45 Squadron in July 2016. It is significant in the LCA programme, the official added.
- HAL is working on ramping up the production capacity from eight to 16 aircraft per annum from 2019 as agreed with the IAF.
BJP’s Lok Sabha seats will be down by 100-110 in 2019, says Shiv Sena.
- Shiv Sena said that the BJP’s Lok Sabha seats will decrease by at least 100-110 in 2019.
- In 2019, the BJP’s tally will not remain 280 and it is clear now that it will decrease by at least 100-110 seats.
- BJP does not have to fight the polls in Russia, Canada, France, America or Israel but in India only.
- It added that TMC chief Mamata Banerjee said that this is the beginning of the end of the BJP.
‘Second, third Scorpene-class submarines undergoing sea trials’: Vice admiral.
- A senior naval officer today said the second and third of the six Scorpene-class submarines, part of Project-75 of the Indian Navy, are undergoing sea trials.
- He was speaking at the launch of a teaser of ‘Breaking Point: Indian Submariners’, a four-part series which will air on the Discovery Channel on March 19.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had on December 14 commissioned INS Kalvari, the first Scorpene-class submarine, into the Navy in Mumbai.
- INS Kalvari is a diesel-electric attack submarine that has been built for the Indian Navy by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd.
Congress to unveil political roadmap at the plenary session.
- The Congress’s top leadership on Friday gave a final shape to the party’s political roadmap and vision for the next five year.
- The party’s focus at the conclave would be to highlight the failures of the Modi government and deciding on the vision.
- The party will also focus on workers at this meet, where they will be allowed to speak about their vision for the party.
Government looks to reset China ties with a Modi-Xi summit.
- India and China are discussing the possibility of an informal summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Xi Jinping.
- It is as a part of an effort to reset bilateral ties set back by last year’s military standoff on the Doklam plateau.
- An informal summit will give Modi and Xi an opportunity for a face-to-face discussion on various issues without aides being present.
Latest International Current Affairs March 17 Updates from around the globe.
UN launches $1 billion Rohingya refugee appeal.
- The United Nations on Friday launched an appeal for nearly $1 billion to care for Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh.
- UN agencies asked for $951 million (774 million euros) through the rest of the year to provide basic needs for the nearly one million Rohingya.
- Bangladesh and Myanmar agreed in November to begin repatriating Rohingya who volunteered to return to Rakhine state.
Russia prepares retaliatory sanctions against US.
- Russia’s government will add more Americans to its “blacklist” in response to new sanctions against Russians accused of election meddling.
- The Trump administration announced sanctions Thursday on 19 Russians and five companies accused of meddling in the 2016 US election.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 17 updates by reading the news.
Google Lens rolled out for iOS devices.
- Google on Friday announced the official rollout of its on-demand object recognition tool, Google Lens, for iOS devices.
- The Google Lens is the company’s visual search engine that recognises images and scans business cards.
- Earlier in the month, Google Lens was rolled out to all Android smartphones.
- Announced during Google I/O 2017, Google Lens was first exclusive to the company’s Pixel devices.
Microsoft offers $250,000 to identify chip bugs.
- Microsoft is offering up to $250,000 for identifying bugs that are similar to the “Meltdown” and “Spectre” CPU flaws.
- The offering is part of Microsoft’s new limited-time bounty programme for “speculative execution” side-channel vulnerabilities.
- The bug bounty programme is open until December 31.
Walmart in talks to invest about $7 billion in Flipkart in India push.
- Walmart Inc. is in discussions to spend about $7 billion to become the largest investor in India’s leading e-commerce company.
- A move that would put the US retailer in competition with Amazon.com Inc. in one of the most promising online retail markets.
- If completed, the deal would give Walmart a major stake in an emerging e-commerce market of 1.3 billion people.
Monster India signs MoU with Indian Naval Placement Agency.
- Online recruitment solutions provider Monster India has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Indian Naval Placement Agency.
- Monster India aims at listing more than 1,000 opportunities in the next 12 months with a target of increasing this number to 2,000 opportunities by 2020.
- The partnership will focus on identifying opportunities in sectors such as capital goods industries, IT, security space.
Mujahid Anwar Khan appointed as Pakistan’s new air chief.
- Pakistan on Friday designated Air Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan as the new chief of air staff.
- Khan would take charge from March 19 on the retirement of outgoing air chief Sohail Aman, according to a statement by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF).
- At present, he is holding two appointments as Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (Support) and Director General, Air Force Strategic Command at Air Headquarters, Islamabad.
- During his service, he has commanded a fighter squadron and a tactical attack wing.
Current Affairs March 17 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Marcos Rojo signs a new deal at Manchester United.
- Jose Mourinho favourite Marcos Rojo has signed a new deal at Manchester United that will keep him at the club until at least 2021.
- I am extremely happy to extend my stay at this great club,” added Rojo, who joined the Premier League side from Sporting Lisbon in 2014.
- Manager Jose Mourinho praised the defender’s commitment to the club.
Real Madrid face Juventus in UEFA Champions League quarterfinals.
- Two-time defending champion Real Madrid will play Juventus in the Champions League quarterfinals in a repeat of last season’s final.
- Liverpool was drawn to host Manchester City first in an all-English clash.
- Barcelona is at home first against Roma, and Munich faces Sevilla in the first leg in Spain.
- First-leg games are played April 3-4. Return games are on April 10-11. The final is on May 26 at the Olympic Stadium in Kiev, Ukraine.
Links Related to Current Affairs March 17:
|Current Affairs | 16-March-2018||Current Affairs | 15-March-2018|
|March 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Feb 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs March 17 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs March 17.