Daily Current Affairs March 2
|This Day in History|
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 2
CM Siddaramaiah inaugurates world’s ‘largest’ solar plant in Karnataka.
- Shakti Sthala hailed as the world’s largest solar park by Karnataka government, was inaugurated by CM Siddaramaiah.
- The 2,000MW capacity plant is spread across an area of 13,000 acres, which was leased to the government by 2,300 local farmers at Rs 21,000 per acre per annum.
- Currently, 600 MW of the total planned capacity is under operation. The remaining capacity is expected to be ready by the end of this year.
French President Emmanuel Macron to visit India on March 9.
- French President Emmanuel Macron will arrive in India on March 9 on a four-day maiden visit.
- The Ministry of External Affairs said during which he will discuss bilateral economic, political and strategic ties.
- A framework agreement on the Jaitapur Nuclear Power Project (JNPP) is expected to be signed between the two sides during the visit.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold delegation-level talks with the French president on March 20.
Indian, Russian military officials discuss enhancement of operational support.
- Top military officials of the two countries met here over the last two days to support the Indian Navy’s acquisitions from Russia, including aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya.
- The meeting of the Indo-Russian Intergovernmental Committee on Military Technical Cooperation (IRIGC-MTC) began in the Goa.
- The meeting had the participation of over 65 Russian Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
Google celebrates the colourful festival of Holi with a doodle.
- Google is celebrating Holi in 2018 with a new festive doodle that seeks to bring out the colourfulness associated with the festival.
- The Google Doodle depicts dhol players, those who love spraying colour through pichkaaris.
- Holi also fosters unity among people as the festival also includes the tradition of forgiving enemies and letting go past grudges.
Arunachal express between Naharlagun-Anand Vihar flagged off.
- A new train between Naharlagun in Arunachal Pradesh and Anand Vihar Terminal in the national capital was flagged off by Union Ministers Kiren Rijiju.
- Mr Rijiju requested Mr Gohain, the Minister of State for Railways to provide railway jobs to the youths of Arunachal Pradesh.
- This is the second direct train for Arunachal Pradesh and 14th for North East to connect with the national capital.
Latest International Current Affairs March 2 Updates from around the globe.
Venezuela postpones presidential election to May 20.
- Venezuela on Thursday postponed its upcoming presidential vote to May 20 in a move cementing an opposition split as a socialist incumbent.
- The national election board said it had pushed the vote back from the original date of April 22.
Russia tests new nuclear weapons.
- President Vladimir Putin says Russia has tested new nuclear weapons, including a nuclear-powered cruise missile and a nuclear-powered underwater drone.
- Putin said the nuclear-powered cruise missile tested last fall has an unlimited range and high speed.
- He said the high-speed underwater drone capable of carrying a nuclear warhead could target both aircraft carriers and coastal facilities.
Cuba’s Capitol reopens after years of restoration.
- After eight years of restoration work, Cuba on Thursday re-opened to the public the doors of its Capitol.
- Built-in 1929 to house Cuba’s Congress and inspired by Washington’s Capitol, it was swiftly repurposed after Fidel Castro.
- Most recently used for the Science and Technology Ministry, its restoration was started in 2010 as part of the Office of City Historian’s revamp of Havana.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 2 updates by reading the news.
Viber to launch the biggest group chat with up to 1 billion members.
- Cross-platform instant messaging and voice over IP (VoIP) application Viber on Thursday announced the biggest group chat Viber Community.
- With group “limits” of up to one billion members, in a bid to drive more usage and bring in more users to the app.
- Viber’s launch of Communities comes at an interesting time for the app.
Ant Financial Services, owned by Alibaba, invests $150 million in Zomato.
- Food-technology firm Zomato said that it has raised $150 million in a fresh round of funding from Alibaba-owned Ant Financial Services.
- In a separate transaction, Ant Financial has bought $50 million worth of shares from Info Edge, taking its total investment in Zomato to $200 million.
- Zomato said the partnership with Ant Financial will significantly accelerate our journey.
Check out the latest agreements news by reading Current Affairs March 2 updates.
India, Russia and Bangladesh sign MoU on building the nuke plant.
- India, Russia and Bangladesh signed a memorandum of understanding for cooperation in building the Rooppur nuclear power project in Bangladesh.
- Indian companies can be involved in construction and installation works and supply of materials and equipment.
- The MoU was signed in Moscow by Rosatom’s deputy director general for international relations.
India, Jordan ink 12 pacts to boost defence ties.
- Jordan and India on Thursday signed a framework defence agreement which envisages a whole range of possibilities from the defence.
- India and Jordan signed 12 agreements after the high-level talks, covering areas as diverse as mass media, health, culture and tourism.
- But the area of interest for both countries is clearly defence and security.
Vinay Kumar appointed India’s Ambassador to Afghanistan.
- Senior diplomat Vinay Kumar has been appointed as India’s ambassador to strategically key Afghanistan.
- Kumar, a 1992 batch Indian Foreign Service officer, is currently serving as Joint Secretary (South) in the headquarters of the external affairs ministry.
- Vohra has been serving as an ambassador of India to Afghanistan since January 2016.
Current Affairs March 2 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Vinesh Phogat settles for silver at Asian Wrestling Championships.
- Phogat lost a close bout on Thursday to settle for a silver medal at the Asian Wrestling Championships in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
- Vinesh suffered a 2-3 defeat to China’s Chun Lei in the summit clash of the women’s 50kg freestyle event.
- Another Indian wrestler Sangeeta defeated Jieun Um of Korea to win a bronze medal in the women’s 59kg freestyle event.
Juventus face AC Milan for fourth Italian Cup title in a row.
- Holders Juventus booked their ticket to the Italian Cup final for the fourth year in a row to set up a meeting with AC Milan.
- Five-time winners Milan last won the Cup in 2003, with their last final in 2016.
- It will be a record 18th final for Juventus with Allegri’s side bidding for a 13th Cup in total.
Bayern Munich signs Kaiserslautern youngster Paul Will.
- Kaiserslautern has announced promising youngster Paul Will is set to leave the club at the end of the season to join Bayern Munich.
- The versatile 19-year-old, who can play at the heart of the defence or in central midfield, signed for Kaiserslautern in 2015.
Links Related to Current Affairs March 2:
|Current Affairs | 01-March-2018||Current Affairs | 28-Feb-2018|
|March 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Feb 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs March 2 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs March 2.