Current Affairs March 2017: Aspirants we have collected the Valuable Information for all candidates who are preparing for Competitive Examinations. Here we have given the full March 2017 Current Affairs Explanation and Highlights. The Current Affairs of March 2017 helps candidates to crack the Government and Competitive Exam like IBPS, SBI, RRB Etc., Students can also get the March Current Affairs 2017 Pdf from This Page. We also Provided the March 2017 Current Affairs pdf download.
Current Affairs March 2017 Highlights
March 2017 Current Affairs Highlights
Current Affairs of March 2017 Highlights
Current affairs March 2017- Date-wise Collections
|Date||Current Affairs News||Current Affairs Quiz|
(March 2017 Current Affairs – Current Affairs of Mar 1st to 31st)
Current Affairs March 2017 – Description
Ruchi Ghanashyamas is given a charge of Secretary (West) in MEA.
- Current Affairs March 2017: Senior diplomat Ruchi Ghanashyam take charge as the Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Her appointment has got an approval by the Appointments Committee of Cabinet.
- At present, she is serving as High Commissioner of India to South Africa.
- She has been serving as the High Commissioner of India in Ghana from March 2008 to October 2011.
IAS officer Sumit Mullick is given charge as Chief Secretary of Maharashtra.
- The 1982 batch IAS officer is taken charge as Chief Secretary of Maharastra.
- At the time of his appointment, he is been working as the Chief Secretary and was serving the state.
Prithvi Supersonic Interceptor Missile is successfully test fired by India.
- India at final Successfully test fired the Prithvi Supersonic interceptor.
- It was test fired from the Abdul Kalam Island off Odisha by DRDO.
- India becomes the fourth country in the world to have a ballistic missile defence program after US, Russia, Israel by the launch of Prithvi.
- Prithvi Missile is the surface to surface battle field missile
Current Affairs 2017 March – Current Affairs March 2017
J S Deepak is India’s new Ambassador to World Trade Organisation.
- J S Deepak the 1982 batch IAS officer from Uttar Pradesh is taken a new role as India Ambassador to World Trade Organisation.
- He successfully conducted the first ever auction of Spectrum in 2010.
- He did Masters in Bussiness administration from IIM Ahmedabad.
Ajay Tyagi takes appointment as the new Chairman of SEBI
- Ajay Tyagi 1984 IAS officer batch who hails from Himachal Pradesh is taken charge as a new chairman of SEBI.
- Current Affairs March 2017: He is serving in Finance Ministry Economic Affairs Department as a secretary,
- He is responsible for taking care of various constituencies.
In ISSF World Cup Jitu Rai wins gold in 50m pistol.
- Jitu Rai the pistol shooter took a top position in the 50 m men’s air pistol event.
- Jitu Rai is an Indian Shotter from the Gorkha ethnic group.
- He has taken part in 10-meter air pistol and 50 meters pistol events.
- He ranked number 1 in the 10-meter air pistol event.
- Jitu Rai is the first person who won two medals in the single world cup for India.
In Kalvari Class Submarine Indian Navy successfully test fired Anti Ship Missile.
- From Kalvari Class Submarine Indian Navy has made a successfully their maiden anti ship missile.
- The test fire was taken place in Arabian sea and was successful hit the surface target.
- All the six Kalvari Class submarines will be equipped with anti shape missiles.
- French Naval defence and energy company DCNS has made a design of INS Kalvari.
Daily Current Affairs 2017 Update
(March 2017 Current Affairs – Current Affairs of Mar 1st to 31st)
Millicom International and Bharti Airtel signs an agreement to Combine operations in Ghana.
- An agreement has done between Bharti Airtel and Millicom International to combine the operations in Ghana.
- Millicom and Airtel will have 50-50 ownership.
- Their combination business will serve nearly 10 million customers including 5.6 million data customers.
On 6th March 2017 World’s oldest serving aircraft carrier INS Viraat retired.
- Worlds oldest aircraft carrier INS Viraat will be giving a send off to the navy officers who made it.
- It was built in 1943 during the second world war.
- INS Viraat is the longest serving aircraft carrier in Indian Naval.
- It will take retirement after serving the country for nearly three decades.
- It has been serving for India from the past 27 years.
Atul Gupta and Melody Meyer takes the appointment as advisors of Cairn India.
- Hydro carbons major Cairn India appoints Oil and gas experts Melody Meyer and Atul Gupta as their advisors.
- There are five projects to which Cairn India will invest a huge amount of Rs 30000 crores.
- Meyer who is a citizen of United states has an experience of 37 years in Chevron Corporation.
- Atul Gupta an Indian origin of British citizen has 36 years of experience.
WHO confirms that because of Environmental pollution 1.7 million children each year.
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) made an announcement that more than 1 in 4 deaths of children under 5 years of age is because of an unhealthy environment.
- The WHO went on to state that indoor and outdoor air pollution, unsafe water, lack of sanitation has taken the lives of 1.7 million children below 5 years.
March Current Affairs 2017 Details – Current Affairs March 2017
Longest bridge across River Narmada at Bharuch dedicates to the Nation.
- Narendra Modi who is the Prime Minister of India dedicates India’s longest bridge to nation
- The Bridge which is 1.4 km long is located across River Narmada at Bharuch in Gujarat.
- In 34 months with a cost of Rs 380 crore, the project has come to an end.
- This Bharuch bridge is a part of National Highways Authority of India’s project for six laning of Ahmedabad-Mumbai section of NH-8.
- The Nivedita Setu bridge over the Hooghly in West Bengal is India’s second longest bridge.
China overtakes euro zone and become the World’s biggest bank system
- Financial Times has a new that the banking system of China has overtaken the euro zone to become the world’s biggest by assets.
- Current Affairs March 2017: The analysis indicates China’s increasing global influence and its reliance on growth driven.
- Chinese bank assets hit USD 33 trillion at the end of 2016, while euro zone was at USD 31 trillion as per the Data.
The Europe Union makes a launch of Fifth satellite of Copernicus observation program.
- From Europe’s spaceport in French Guiana, the European Union launches the fifth satellite of the Copernicus observation program
- The Sentinel-2B satellite is a part of Sentinel Earth observation satellites.
- This fifth Sentinel satellite will cut the time of imaging the earth by half and will ensure the speedy provision of images of land, oceans and waterways.
- This will improve services for fishermen, farmers, and other users of land and sea maps. Now, the globe’s image will take in five days only.
Current Affairs of March 2017 – Current Affairs March 2017
IDFC Bank makes a launch Aadhaar Payment App.
- The biometric Aadhaar Pay App is launch by DFC Bank.
- Aadhar Pay App is the latest development by the IDFC Bank along with UIDAI and National Payments Corporation of India.
- While making the payment user needs to enter his Aadhar Number in the app of the merchant
In Egypt, the Cultural Festival ‘India by the Nile’ has taken a kick start.
- In Egypt Capital Cairo the fifth edition of the mega cultural festival ‘India by the Nile’ has begun.
- The festival mainly aims to strengthen the forces between the Egypt-
- India union and to showcase the diversity in India’s culture, art, and cuisine.
- The festival took place in Cairo as well as several other cities.
Indian Embassy is organizing it in collaboration with the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India
Donald Tusk re-elects as the President of European Council.
- As the second term of the European Council, Donald Tusk takes the appointment as a President.
- Tusk won these elections despite objections from the government of his own country, Poland.
- For the first time in the history, the decision is made without an agreement the position is built in 2009.
- From 1st December 2014, He has been serving as the President of the European Council.
Union Government launches CFC Phase Out Management Plan’s Stage II.
- The second stage of HCFC Phase Out Management Plan officially takes a launch by Union Minister of State for Environment Anil Madhav Dave.
- This plan takes a development with an aim to phase out the use of Hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs) and harmful ozone-depleting substances (ODS).
- Apart from this it also promotes low global warming potential technologies.
Current Affairs March 2017 – Current Affairs of March 2017
India successfully tests fired BrahMos Supersonic Cruise Missile.
- India successfully tests fires the BrahMos Supersonic Cruise Missile.
- It is first supersonic cruise missile system which is capable of carrying conventional as well as nuclear warhead of 300 kilograms.
- This missile is a multi stage missile as it uses solid propellant in the first stage and can be launch from Land, Air or Sea.
- This missile is the joint venture development of India’s Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Russia’s NPO Mashinostroeyenia
Blue Revolution took a launch by Union Government to achieve Mission Fingerling.
- The Union Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare launches the Mission Fingerling program
- The aim of the program is to achieve the Blue Revolution by enabling holistic development and management of fisheries.
- The Blue Revolution focuses on enable environment for an integrated and holistic development and management of fisheries
- Its expectation is to produce 20 lakh tonnes of fish annually and will benefit about 4 million families.
- It lays greater emphasis on infrastructure with an equally strong focus on management and conservation of the resources through technology transfer.
NTPC installs India’s largest Floating Solar PV Plant.
- India largest floating solar photo voltaic plant installation took place at Kayamkulam in Kerala.
- The plant inauguration made by the Director of NTPC AK Jha.
- It is the largest plant of its kind in the state.
- The installation time for the system took 22 days.
- It will play the major role in lowering the carbon footprint.
March Current Affairs 2017 PDF
Current Affairs March 2017 – In Poonch district, India suspends cross LoC travel to Pakistan.
- Mohammad Harun Malik the Deputy Commissioner of Poonch district made an announcement of suspension cross LoC.
- The 82mm mortar shelling which initiates by the Pakistan troops in Krishna Gati sector.
- The bus service that travels in this route is also unavailable.
Argentina has found the first fluorescent frog.
- The world’s first fluorescent frog has been the discovery by a group of scientists near Santa Fe in Argentina.
- The scientists found that the Frog gives a muted palette of greens, yellows and reds under normal light, but emits a bright blue and green glow in the dark.
- When scientists made a test on ultraviolet a flashlight on polka dot tree frogs, they were in a surprise to find that the animals gave off an intense greenish blue glow instead of a faint red.
- The researchers were expecting to find red fluorescence in these frogs from a pigment called biliverdin.
Download March 2017 Current Affairs
Manohar Parrikar takes oath as Goa Chief Minister.
- Manohar Gopalkrishna Prabhu Parrikar, a BJP candidate, is the 13th Chief Minister of Goa
- Parrikar will be serving for Goa Government as the Chief Minister for the third time.
- Manohar Parrikar, Bharatiya Janata Party member has taken to serve the role as the Defence Minister in the Union Cabinet.
- He represents the Panaji constituency in the Legislative Assembly of Goa.
Captain Amarinder Singh is the new Chief Minister of Punjab.
- Amarinder Singh Captain who is the Congress leader is the 26th Chief Minister (CM) of Punjab
- Alongside, Navjot Singh Sidhu swore in as a Cabinet Minister of Punjab.
- Current Affairs March 2017: Congress is the winning party in the Assembly election 2017.
Amarinder Singh is a former army captain.
- He has experience as a deputy leader of the opposition in the 16th Lok Sabha till 2016.
- This is the second time he is serving a chief minister.
To promote short courses in Film & Television, MoU is signed between FTII and Canon.
- The Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune and Canon India Private Limited has come to an agreement to a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
- This agreement is to promote film education through short-term courses across several towns and cities in the country.
- The courses are to be held in non-metros such as Guwahati, Raipur, Bhopal, Leh and Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Jaipur, Vishakhapatnam, Raipur, Chandigarh.
- Canon partners with FTII for its Skilling India in Film and Television (SKIFT), an initiative designed to spread the art of cinematography and film making across the country.
Free March Current Affairs 2017
Sachin Tendulkar takes the appointment as a UNICEF Ambassador for ICC Women’s World Cup 2017.
- The International Cricket Council has made the cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar as the UNICEF Cricket For Good ambassador for the ICC Women’s World Cup 2017.
- The ICC Women’s World Cup 2017 will take from 23rd June 2017 to 23rd July 2017 in the United Kingdom.
- The ICC Women’s World Cup 2017 will begin on 23rd June 2017 in England and Wales with eight top cricketing countries to win the major cup.
To Monitor North Korea Japan launches a satellite. – Current Affairs March 2017
- Japan is on a kick start to launch a new satellite to track land and maritime movements in North Korea.
- The satellite will also be able to conduct surveys on the weapons programme of the secretive nuclear-armed state.
- The project is by the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, the aerospace manufacturer.
- Radar 5 unit took a launch into space on Japan’s H-2A rocket from Tanegashima base, a site which is towards the south-east of Japan.
- The launch initially took a plan for 15th March but it got delay due to poor weather conditions at the base.
- The satellite is going to replace an existing satellite, which is coming to the end of its mission.
Yogi Adityanath elects as the Leader of UP BJP State Legislature Party.
- Yogi Adityanath who is Gorakhpur Member of Parliament (MP) is now the Leader of UP BJP State Legislature Party.
- He is on a way to be the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
- Yogi Adityanath was born on 15th June 1972 in Panchur, Uttarakhand.
- He has done a Science Graduate from H.N.B. Garhwal University, Srinagar (Garhwal), Uttarakhand.
- He is a part of the Lok Sabha for 5 times.
Current Affairs March 2017
By 2024 Hindustan Aeronautics Limited will except to deliver Tejas aircraft to IAF.
- The Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) made an announcement that it will deliver 123 Tejas aircraft to the Indian Air Force (IAF) by 2024.
- HAL is on a process of setting up a new assembly line by involving the private sector, to achieve this goal.
- The Light Combat Aircraft Tejas is a single seat, supersonic, single engine multirole light fighting aircraft.
- Tejas unstable aerodynamics and is built from CFC materials.
To Guide space crafts and astronauts, NASA will send next gen clock to Space.
- NASA has made a key advance in future human space exploration by developing the world’s first next-generation atomic clock for deep space missions.
- NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab in Pasadena, California Engineers made a huge development on this clock and it has an expectation of aiding future space exploration missions by helping in the navigation of space crafts.
- This clock is smaller, lighter and its magnitudes will be more precise than any atomic clock flown in space before.
- The distance to the spacecraft will have a calculation on the basis of time signal takes to travel.
- The navigation team then uses the same data to determine the spacecraft’s flight path and see if any changes which are useful for the course.
Union Cabinet makes an approvement of MoU between India and USA on the partnership for Cyber Security.
- Current Affairs March 2017: Prime Minister Narendra Modi the head of Union Cabinet made an approvement on Memorandum of Understanding between India and USA.
- Its main aim is to promote a closer cooperation and exchange of information pertaining to cyber security.
- It is an agency that has connections with cyber security threats like phishing and hacking.