Aspirants can get the latest current affairs updates taking place in the month of March by reading Current Affairs March 2018. We have collected the Valuable Information for all aspirants who are preparing for Competitive Examinations. Here we have mentioned the full March 2018 Current Affairs Explanation and Highlights. The Current Affairs of March 2018 helps the candidates to crack the Government and Competitive Exam like IBPS, SBI, RRB Etc. Students can also get the Current Affairs March 2018 Pdf from this Page. We also Provided the Current Affairs March 2018 pdf download.
Current Affairs March 2018 – Date-wise Collections
Daily Current Affairs – March 2018 Current Updates
Latest Current Affairs March 2018
Himachal Pradesh CM Jai Ram Thakur to present the budget for 2018-19 on March 9.
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur will present his first budget for 2018-19 on March 9.
- The month-long budget session commencing on March 6 would have seventeen sittings, including two private members days and nine days recess from March 17 to 25.
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur, who also holds the finance portfolio will present the first budget on March 9.
Narendra Modi to host French prez in Varanasi on March 12.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will roll out the red carpet for French President Emmanuel Macron and his wife in Varanasi on March 12.
- After Macron, president of Germany Frank-Walter Steinmeier will visit Varanasi on March 22.
- This is the second time that Modi will host head of a nation in his parliamentary constituency.
- In December 2015, Modi had hosted his Japanese counterpart, Shinzo Abe.
India successfully test-fires ATGM Nag in desert conditions.
- India successfully test-fired Anti Tank Guided Missiles (ATGM) Nag in desert conditions.
- The Nag ATGM has developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Wednesday’s flight tests have once again proved their capability.
- Anti Tank Guided Missiles (ATGM) NAG was successfully flight-tested today in desert conditions against two tank targets at different ranges and timings.
Current Affairs March 2018
CM Siddaramaiah inaugurates world’s ‘largest’ solar plant in Karnataka.
- CM Siddaramaiah inaugurates the world’s largest solar park Shakti Sthala.
- The 2,000MW capacity plant is spread across an area of 13,000 acres, which was leased to the government by 2,300 local farmers at Rs 21,000 per acre per annum.
- Currently, 600 MW of the total planned capacity is under operation. The remaining capacity is expected to be ready by the end of this year.
India, Russia and Bangladesh sign MoU on building the nuke plant.
- India, Russia and Bangladesh signed a memorandum of understanding for cooperation in building the Rooppur nuclear power project in Bangladesh.
- Indian companies can take involvement in construction and installation works and supply of materials and equipment.
- The MoU was signed in Moscow by Rosatom’s deputy director general for international relations.
Juventus face AC Milan for fourth Italian Cup title in a row.
- Holders Juventus booked their ticket to the Italian Cup final for the fourth year in a row to set up a meeting with AC Milan.
- Five-time winners Milan last won the Cup in 2003, with their last final in 2016.
- It will be a record 18th final for Juventus with Allegri’s side bidding for a 13th Cup in total.
March 2018 Current Affairs
Isro gears up to launch 2 satellites before Chandrayaan-2 mission.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) is gearing up to launch two other satellites before the lunar mission in April.
- Isro chairman Dr K Sivan said the first launch will be of GSLVMk II carrying Gsat-6A satellite by the end of March.
- Soon thereafter, we will launch navigation satellite IRNSS-1I that will take lift off by PSLV C-41.
First Hindu Dalit woman elected to Pakistan’s Senate.
- Krishna Kumari Kolhi become the first Hindu Dalit woman to get elect to the Pakistan Senate.
- The 39-year-old activist was nominated by Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) chairman Bilawal Bhutto for a reserved seat for women from Sindh.
- The ruling PML-N party gained control of the Senate after winning 15 seats in the elections.
Venkatesh Prasad takes the appointment as bowling coach at KXIP.
- Venkatesh Prasad takes the appointment as bowling coach of Kings XI Punjab for the upcoming Indian Premier League.
- With the season 11 of the tournament around the corner, Kings XI Punjab announced their support staff.
- Former Australia player Brad Hodge came in on board as the team’s head coach for the next three seasons.
Current Affairs March 2018 Updates
Biplab Kumar Deb to be sworn in as Tripura CM on Friday.
- Former RSS volunteer and gym instructor Biplab Kumar Deb was elected as the leader of the Tripura House by the BJP legislature party.
- He will take oath with PM Narendra Modi being present as the 10th chief minister of the state.
- The BJP legislators also elected party’s tribal leader and a scion of the royal family, Jishnu Dev Varma, as the deputy chief minister.
- Soon after their election, Deb and Dev Varma drove to Raj Bhavan where they staked claim to form the government before governor Tathagata Roy.
Japan’s navy appoints the first woman to command warship squadron.
- Japan’s navy on Tuesday appointed the first woman to command a warship squadron, including the flagship Izumo helicopter carrier.
- Ryoko Azuma will command four ships with a combined crew of 1,000, of which only 30 are women.
- When she joined the MSDF in 1996 women were barred from serving on warships.
- By 2030, the SDF plans to increase the combined number of women serving in the air-sea and ground forces to 9 percent.
Indian women’s football league to kick off on March 25.
- Defending champions Eastern Sporting Union will take on Indira Gandhi Academy for Sports & Education on an opening day.
- It will take on the team on the opening day of the 2nd edition of the Hero Indian Women’s League in Shillong on March 25.
- The tournament will have seven teams who face each other once with the top four teams.
- The semi-finals will take place on April 12 and the final will take place on April 15.
- AIFF general secretary Kushal Das said that the development of women’s football remains a top priority.
March 2018 Current Affairs
Karnataka government unveils state flag, awaits Centre’s approval.
- Karnataka chief minister Siddaramaiah on Thursday unveiled the state flag, terming the move a historic decision.
- The state cabinet had asked me to take a decision after taking the opinion of pro-Kannada organisations and intellectuals.
- The proposal to have a state flag is sent to the home ministry for approval.
- This is for the first time that the state will have its own flag. Except for Jammu and Kashmir, no other state in India has its own flag.
India to rebuild 50,000 houses in Nepal damaged by 2015 earthquake.
- India will help rebuild 50,000 houses in Nepal that were damaged during the 2015 great earthquake by providing a grant of $16.2 million.
- The Indian government signed an agreement in Kathmandu on Thursday with the United Nations Development Programme.
- The UNDP will provide facilitation to 26,912 houses in Gorkha, and UNOPS will cover 23,088 houses in Nuwakot under the three-year project.
India B beat Karnataka to lift Deodhar Trophy.
- India B beat Karnataka by six wickets in the Deodhar Trophy final at the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium.
- Chasing 279/8, India B got off to a flying start as openers Ruturaj Gaikwad (58) and Abhimanyu Easwaran (69) forged an 84-run partnership.
- For India B, K Khaleel Ahmed took three wickets while Umesh Yadav scalped two.
Current Affairs March 2018
ISRO to launch Chandrayaan-2 by April this year.
- Indian Space Research Organization is planning for an April launch of the Chandrayaan-2 satellite to the moon.
- If the April deadline fails, then ISRO will aim for a launch by October.
- Chandrayaan-2 consists of an orbiter, lander and six-wheeled rover which would move around the landing site and instruments on it would send back useful data.
- ISRO is working on a new application that hopes to inform fishermen where large quantities of fish are available.
- It also give them messages about the weather and condition of the sea.
UK based Koovs to raise 23 million pounds to expand it’s business.
- Online fashion player Koovs plc is planning to raise 22-23 million pounds to grow and expand it’s presence in the Indian e-commerce market.
- Koovs, which sells affordable western fashion in India online, has already invested about 70 million pounds in the business.
- Koovs Chairman Waheed Alli said, Koovs is expecting GBP 50 million to fund their acceleration plan. The funding will be received in parts with GBP 22-23 million expected this year.
- The company had raised 10.9 million pounds (about Rs 92 crore) from existing and new shareholders in 2016 November.
- Times of India Group had also invested 3.9 million pounds.
March 2018 Current Affairs
Meghalaya budget session to begin on Friday.
- The newly-elected Meghalaya cabinet is gearing up for its first budget session, which begins on March 16 and will continue till April 20.
- Chief minister Conrad Sangma, who also holds the finance portfolio, said, “I am busy preparing the budget.
- During this session, election to the post of deputy speaker has also been scheduled, on March 21.
Oklahoma to become first US state to use nitrogen gas for executions.
- Oklahoma plans to start using nitrogen gas for executions in what would be the first such method of capital punishment in the United States.
- The state is turning to nitrogen after it and other states became unable to acquire drugs.
- Nitrogen is an odourless and tasteless gas that makes up about 78 percent of the air humans breathe but causes death when inhaled without any oxygen.
Boeing inks deal with Tata group company TAL to make beams for Dreamliners.
- US aviation major Boeing and TAL Manufacturing Solutions (TAL), a Tata group company, signed a new contract on Wednesday.
- They inked to manufacture advanced composite floor beams for Boeing’s 787-9/10 Dreamliners at the latter’s dedicated facility in Nagpur.
- Boeing and various Tata group companies are already manufacturing aerostructures for the aircraft maker’s commercial and military planes.
- Boeing had awarded the first contract to TAL for the floor beams in October 2011.
Current Affairs March 2018
Union Minister of State R K Singh dedicated 4,611 smart and energy-efficient LED lights to Ara town in Bihar.
- R K Singh, Union Minister of State for power and New & Renewable Energy dedicated 4,611 smart and energy-efficient LED lights to the people of Ara town in Bihar’s Bhojpur district.
- The lights have been installed in just three weeks under the Street Light National Programme (SLNP) of the Union Ministry of Power.
- Ara Municipal Corporation is expected to save 27 lakh kWh energy per year, and Rs 13.6 crore over seven years.
- The SLNP is the world’s largest streetlight replacement programme implemented by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL).
- It is a joint venture of PSUs under the Union Ministry of Power.
- The Bihar Government had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in December 2017 with EESL to install approximately 3 lakh conventional street lights with LEDs in all 38 districts.
- EESL is collaborating with all 143 urban local bodies (ULBs) in Bihar’s 38 districts, including 12 Nagar Nigams, 46 Nagar Parishads and 85 Nagar Panchayats.
India, US two-plus-two dialogue postponed.
- The India-US two-plus-two meeting has been postponed due to uncertainty over confirmation of nomination of Mike Pompeo, as the new Secretary of State.
- The first two-plus-two meeting between India and the US was scheduled for April 18-19.
- Two-plus-two dialogue was announced last summer when Prime Minister Narendra Modi had a successful meeting with US President Donald Trump at the White House.
- Two-plus-two dialogue was seen as a vehicle to elevate the strategic relationship between the two countries.
- The new dates will now be determined after Pompeo occupies the Foggy Bottom headquarters of the State Department and settles down as the top American diplomat.
Indian Army to recruit Women for Military Police.
- Women may be recruited into the Corps of Military Police (CMP) by the end of this year.
- Chief of Army Staff Gen Bipin Rawat said that the recruitment of women in the Corps of Military Police (CMP) will start before the year ends.
- He had announced last year that women will be recruited at ranks other than officers in the Army.
- The Army is expected to induct 800 women, and in the first year, a batch of 52 will be recruited.
- Due to increasing gender-specific crimes and allegations, it is necessary to introduce women in CMP. The army chief said in a event in Deharadun.
Current Affairs March 2018 – Latest News Updates
Mangala Mani, ISRO’s first woman scientist to spend over a year in Antarctica.
- At 56 years of age, Mangala Mani, ISRO’s first woman scientist spent over 403 days in Antarctica.
- Mangala Mani was part of a 23-member expedition team that went to India’s research station, Bharati, in November 2016.
- Dr Y V N Krishnamurthy, the director of Hyderabad-based National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC), told “Mangala and her team operated and maintained the Indian research station and collected satellite data.
- Unlike Hyderabad, where only two or three orbits are visible, Antarctica (south pole) is the place from where one can observe 14 orbits.
- The loads of space data are downloaded at the Antarctica station and sent to the Hyderabad center via the communication satellite link for processing and distribution to users.
IOC and BPCL may each buy 26% stake in GAIL.
- Government-owned Indian Oil Corp (IOC) and Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL) may buy 26 per cent stake each in GAIL India Ltd.
- Thus, paying the government over Rs 20,000 crore each to become integrated energy firms.
- Only the ownership will be transferred to a cash rich PSU and the 54.89 per cent holding in GAIL will be equally split between IOC and BPCL.
- In January this year, Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) bought out government’s 51.11 per cent stake in refiner Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd (HPCL) for Rs 36,915 crore.
- But HPCL hasn’t been merged with ONGC and continues to be listed separately.
- HPCL has now become a subsidiary of ONGC, which gets up to two seats on the company board.
Infosys to open a innovation and tech hub in the United States of America.
- IT major Infosys has announced that it will open a USD 20.6 million-technology and innovation hub in the state of Connecticut in USA.
- The hub will create some 1,000 good paying, high tech jobs.
- In May 2017, Infosys had announced that it planned to establish multiple technology and innovation hubs across the US with a focus on artificial intelligence, machine learning, user experience, emerging digital technologies, cloud, and big data.
- The Hartford hub in Connecticut is the latest such center announced by the company.
- Kumar said the hub would place Infosys in proximity to its “valued clients” and accelerate the recruitment of “highly-skilled” local talent.
Aspirants can view the latest updates of Current Affairs March 2018 from the above article. Make use of the March Current Affairs 2018 which will help you to gain more General Knowledge. In Current Affairs 2018 March we are providing you with the important National, International and other Updates taking place around the globe. March Current Affairs 2018 will contain all the information that you are looking for. Reading the Current Affairs 2018 March will be helpful in getting more marks in all competitive exams.