Daily Current Affairs March 21
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 21.
Global Digital Summit to be held in Kochi.
- A two-day global digital summit is scheduled to be held this week in Kochi.
- The event aims to position Kerala as a hub for digital innovation and technology.
- Former RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan, Infosys co-founder Nandan Nilekani, Aster DM Healthcare founder-chairman Azad Mooppen will be attending the summit.
- The event #Future will be held from March 22 to 23.
- CEO of Microsoft Corp, Satya Nadella will be addressing the delegates through video-conferencing.
- The summit will be inaugurated by chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
Google doodle for shehnai maestro Ustad Bismillah Khan’s 102nd birth anniversary.
- Google celebrated the 102nd birth anniversary of Bharat Ratna Shehnai maestro Ustad Bismillah Khan.
- The doodle has been illustrated by a Chennai-based illustrator, Vijay Krish.
- Khan, born in 1916, hailed from a family of musicians.
- His ancestors were court musicians who used to play in Naqqar Khana (an orchestra pit in Mughal-era monuments) in the princely state of Bhojpur, Bihar.
- His father was a well-known shehnai player who performed in the court of Maharaja Keshav Prasad Singh of Dumraon Estate, Bihar.
- He performed at the Red Fort on India’s Independence Day and also on the first Republic Day ceremony on January 26, 1950.
- Other than Bharat Ratna, he has been awarded with Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri and Sangeet Natak Akademi.
- He breathed his last on August 21, 2006, at the age of 90.
CRPF to get 100 bulletproof vehicles soon.
- Union Government is procuring 141 medium bulletproof vehicles (MBPVs) for the CRPF.
- 100 vehicles out of 141 are being exclusively purchased for CRPF.
- 20 MBPVs will be given to Indo-Tibetan Border Police in Chhattisgarh, 15 to Sashastra Seema Bal and six to CISF battalion posted in J&K.
- The government has already allocated Rs 100 crore for the MBPVs.
- The first batch of 20 bulletproof vehicles will be arriving in the next two months.
- Bulletproof vehicles can withstand bullets fired from small and AK series weapons.
Latest International Current Affairs March 21 Updates from around the globe.
Htin Kyaw, Myanmar President resigns from his post.
- Myanmar President Htin Kyaw quit from his post to take rest from the current duties and responsibilities.
- The government will now elect a new leader within seven working days.
- Kyaw, 71, who has been in office for two years, is the right-hand man of Myanmar Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi.
- He was picked to be President after the country’s constitution barred Suu Kyi from holding the post.
- Htin Kyaw resigned from office on March 21, 2018.
- However, the current vice-president cannot be the next president, according to the constitution.
USA and South Korea to conduct military exercises in April.
- The United States and South Korea have agreed to hold joint military drills next month.
- The annual exercises, known as Key Resolve and Foal Eagle, was supposed to be held after the ongoing Olympics and Paralympics in South Korea.
- However, the exercises are expected to begin on April 1, said a statement from the US military.
- Pentagon also said the North Korean military had been notified about the schedule for the drills by the United Nations Command.
- Military Drills were expected to be held from April to end of May.
- The two joint drills, includes computer simulations and field exercises, with 23,700 US troops and 300,000 South Korea forces.
World’s last Male Northern White Rhiho dies in Kenya.
- Sudan, world’s last male northern white rhino, has died due to age-related complications.
- The Ol Pejeta Conservancy in Kenya said the 45-year-old rhino was euthanized on Monday after his condition worsened.
- His muscles and bones had degenerated and his skin had extensive wounds, with a deep infection on his back right leg.
- The rhino is survived by his daughter, Najin, and granddaughter, Fatu.
- Sudan was listed as “The Most Eligible Bachelor in the World” on the Tinder dating app for a fundraising effort.
- The last male northern white rhino had been born in Sudan, the last of his kind to be born in the wild.
Business News – March 21 2018 Current Affairs
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 21 updates by reading the news.
Ashok Leyland bags contract to supply 2100 buses to Tamil Nadu.
- Hinduja Group’s Ashok Leyland won an order worth Rs 321 crore to supply of 2,100 to Tamil Nadu.
- Ashok Leyland said, it bagged an order from IRT, Tamil Nadu, for 2,000 passenger chassis and 100 fully built small buses to various state transport undertakings (STUs) in Tamil Nadu.
- The order is worth Rs 321 crore. The order is scheduled to be supplied in the first half of next fiscal.
- Shares of the company were trading up by 1.54 per cent higher at Rs 148.10 on the BSE.
UltraTech Cement to buy Binani Cement Ltd for Rs. 7,266 crores.
- Ultra Tech Cement, India’s largest cement company will buy Binani Cement Ltd (BCL) for Rs 7,266 crore ($1.11 billion).
- Dalmia Cement had earlier said its Rs 6,350 crore bid to buy Binani Cements Ltd (BCL) has been accepted by the lenders.
- Besides Rs 6,350 crore, Dalmia had also offered 20 per cent equity in Binani to the lenders.
- Binani Industries has decided to apply to the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) to terminate the insolvency proceedings against its subsidiary BCL.
- The development came after the company received the backing from UltraTech Cement to support it and BCL with funds required to pay off dues of the lenders.
Agreements News -Current Affairs March
Read the Latest Current Updated on March 21.
India sign pact to share satellite data with European Union.
- India’s Department of Space (DoS) and the European Union signed a agreement to allow sharing of earth observation satellite data.
- Under the pact, the EU will provide India free, full and open access to its global data from its Copernicus satellite system.
- Copernicus is a constellation of six satellites (Sentinels) and dozens of third party satellites that store large amount of global data about earth.
- Philippe Brunet, director for space policy, Copernicus, on behalf of the European Commission and P G Diwakar, scientific secretary, ISRO, signed the cooperation agreement in Bengaluru.
Force Motors signed an agreement with Rolls-Royce Power Systems to set up a joint venture facility in India.
- Pune-based Force Motors signed an agreement with Rolls-Royce Power Systems to set up a joint venture facility at Chakan to produce the MTU series of engines.
- The 51:49 JV will be formed with an initial investment of over Rs 300 crore.
- The joint venture, Force MTU Power Systems, will build Series 1,600 generators for Indian and global markets.
- These multi-application engines are currently being produced at Rolls-Royce manufacturing facility in Germany.
- Force Motors managing director Prasan Firodia said, the facility in Germany will be moved to Pune.
- India will be the lone source for the MTU series 1600 engines for the global markets.
Obituary News – Current Affairs March 21
AIADMK leader M Natarajan passed away.
- AIADMK leader V K Sasikala’s husband M Natarajan died at a city hospital on Tuesday.
- He underwent a liver and kidney transplant in last October. He was 74 years old.
- Natarajan was admitted to Gleneagles Global hospital in the city for the past two weeks with “severe” chest infection and his condition was “critical” in the last few days.
- Natarajan was a sympathiser of Dravidian movement.
- In 1975, Natarajan married V K Sasikala.
- Sasikala who is serving a sentence in the disproportionate asset case was granted an emergency parole to attend her husband’s funeral at Thanjavur.
Sports Updates – Current Affairs March 21
Current Affairs March 20 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Kidambi Srikanth, Somdev Devvarman awarded Padma Shri.
- Shuttler Kidambi Srikanth and former tennis player Somdev Devvarman were felicitated with the Padma Shri by President Ram Nath Kovind at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Padma Shri, the country’s fourth-highest civilian award was presented to them in New Delhi.
- Srikanth is currently World No 2 while Devvarman, who retired last year won a gold medal for the country at the Asian Games.
- India’s first Paralympic gold medallist, Murlikant Petkar also received the Padma Shri.
- Other awardees are former India cricket captain MS Dhoni, cueist Pankaj Advani, for Padma Bhushan and weightlifter Saikom Mirabhai Chanu with the Padma Shri.
Amanda Anisimova beat China’s Wang Qiang at the Miami Open.
- American Amanda Anisimova beat China’s Wang Qiang 6-3 1-6 6-2 at the Miami Open in the Indian Wells tournament.
- She next faces third seed Spaniard Garbine Muguruza.
- The 16-year-old wildcard had never won a WTA main-draw match until this month’s BNP Paribas Open.
- During the 98-minute match she committed six double faults.
- Also, Brazilian Beatriz Haddad Maia defeated Briton Heather Watson 7-6(3) 6-2.
Links Related to Current Affairs March 21:
|Current Affairs | 20-March-2018||Current Affairs | 19-March-2018|
|March 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Feb 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs March 21 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs March 21.