Daily Current Affairs March 22
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 22.
Railways cleared the 492 crore Sub Urban Rail project for Bengaluru.
- The Indian Railways have given the citizen of India’s Silicon Valley something to cheer for.
- Keeping in mind the growing suburban traffic, the railways have sanctioned a quadrupling project with a provision of two additional lines from Bengaluru Cantonment to Whitefield.
- The project will be handled at a cost of Rs 492.87 crore.
- The 25 km stretch connects Bengaluru Cantonment, Bengaluru East, Baiyyapannahalli, Krishnarajapuram, Hoodi and Whitefield.
- 62,000 daily commuters are expected to be benefited from the project.
- Currently 146 and 94 trains are running from Bengaluru and Yeshwantpur stations, respectively, out of which 122 are of suburban nature catering to commuters.
German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier starts his India visit today.
- Frank-Walter Steinmeier, President of Germany will be visiting India from March 22 to 25 to strengthen bilateral ties.
- This is his first visit to India as the President of Germany.
- The president will hold meetings with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Vice President Venkaiah Naidu and Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj.
- A CEO delegation, Indologists and a media delegation will be accompanying Steinmeier.
- President Ram Nath Kovind and his wife will be receiving him in an official ceremony in New Delhi. \
- He is also set to visit Varanasi and Chennai.
- Both countries hopes to work on areas such as renewable energy, skills development, Smart City, water and waste management, cleaning of rivers, railways, etc.
- For the year 2016-17, the bilateral trade turnover between the two countries was US$ 18.76 billion.
- There are over 15,000 Indian students in Germany and around 800 German students are studying in India as of 2017.
TCIL to set up a US subsidiary for projects from Google.
- Union Government approved setting up of a US subsidiary of the state-run telecom consultancy company TCIL.
- The subsidiary is for providing techno-commercial and logistic support for three Google projects for America.
- TCIL is one of the companies selected to execute “Google Fiber”, Google’s “Fiber-to-the-Premises Project” in the US.
- The Google project is for providing high capacity broadband internet and cable television to all the cities in USA.
- The subsidiary is expected to earn profit of around 10% in the initial years with turnover of $10 million, and the number may rise depending upon the volume of work.
- $5 million is being invested by TCIL in the form of equity from its internal resources.
- TCIL has so far executed projects in more than 70 countries in telecommunications and information technology.
Latest International Current Affairs March 22 Updates from around the globe.
British theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking’s funeral to take place in Cambridge on March 31.
- Physicist Stephen Hawking‘s private funeral will be held at a church in Cambridge on March 31.
- The world’s most famous scientist died at his home in Cambridge aged 76 on March 14.
- The funeral ceremony will be held at Great St Mary’s, the University Church in Cambridge, on Easter Saturday.
- His ashes will then be “interred” near the grave of Newton, another famous British scientist, during a thanksgiving service later this year.
- Sir Isaac Newton was buried in the Abbey in 1727. Charles Darwin was buried beside Isaac Newton in 1882.
Top Court of Maldives charges former president Maumoon Abdul Gayoom with terrorism.
- Authorities charged longtime former dictator of Maldives and top judges and police officials with terrorism.
- The nine people charged at the criminal court included Maumoon Abdul Gayoom, Supreme Court Chief Justice Abdulla Saeed and Justice Ali Hameed.
- The list also includes four lawmakers including Gayoom’s son and a former police commissioner.
- Prosecutors did not specify the grounds on which they are charged with terrorism. However, if convicted, they could be jailed for 10 to 15 years.
- Charges of obstruction of justice were also added on suspicion of refusing to hand over their phones to investigators.
- Saeed, Hameed and another judicial officer were charged with receiving bribes to help overthrow the government.
- Gayoom and the judges were arrested last month following a Supreme Court order to release several of President Yameen Abdul Gayoom’s political opponents who were jailed after trials that involved alleged due-process violations.
- Gayoom ruled the Maldives between 1978 and 2008, before losing a free election to Nasheed, whom he had repeatedly jailed.
- The Maldives is an archipelago of more than 1,000 islands. Tourism is the main economy of the country.
Business News – March 21 2018 Current Affairs
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 22 updates by reading the news.
Banks reject Numetal, ArcelorMittal bids for Essar Steel.
- Takeover bids by Numetal and ArcelorMittal for Essar Steel were rejected by banks for being ineligible under Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC).
- Numetal is a venture formed by Russian lender VTB Bank and Rewant Ruia.
- Since, Promoters of defaulting companies are not allowed to bid unless he or she repays all pending loans before submitting the resolution plan. Their bids were rejected.
- The committee of creditors (CoC) of Essar Steel decided to reject both the bids and decided to allow a second round of bidding on April 2.
- The only two bidders, Numetal and ArcelorMittal submitted their bids on February 12.
- Both were declared ineligible by the lenders under Section 29 A of the amended IBC.
ICICI Securities IPO to open today.
- ICICI Securities will be opening its Rs 4,017 crore Initial Public Offering (IPO) on Thursday.
- The IPO will be available for subscription till March 26.
- ICICI Securities, is a subsidiary of ICICI Bank, is the largest domestic brokerage in terms of broking revenues.
- Shares are in the price range of Rs 519- Rs 520. Bids can be made for a minimum lot of 28 equity shares and in multiples of 28 equity shares thereafter.
- A total of 7,72,49,508 equity shares are up for sale, which includes reservation of up to 38,62,475 shares for purchase by the ICICI Bank shareholders.
- Foreign anchors included Temasek of Singapore, Fidelity of US, Fairfax of Canada, Nomura of Japan and Blackrock of US.
- HDFC MF, DSP Blackrock MF, Reliance MF, Premji Invest, SBI MF, Birla MF and IDFC MF form the Domestic units.
Defense News – Current Affairs March
Read the Latest Defense News – Current Updates on March 22.
BrahMos missile successfully test-fired from Pokhran in Rajasthan.
- The BrahMos supersonic cruise missile was successfully test fired at 8:42 am from Rajasthan’s Pokhran test range on Thursday.
- Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman Congratulated Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO), the Armed Forces and Defence Industry for the successful flight test.
- The supersonic cruise missile was successfully test fired from a Sukhoi-30MKI fighter jet against a sea-based target from an unknown location.
- BrahMos is a self-propelled guided missile developed in a joint-venture between India and Russia.
- The missile has been named after two rivers– the Brahmaputra in India and the Moskva in Russia.
Sports Updates – Current Affairs March 22
Current Affairs March 22 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Serena Williams crashes out of Miami Open.
- Serena Williams crashed out of the Miami Open in the first round.
- Japan’s Naomi Osaka defeated the former world number one.
- Osaka, who won her first major title in Indian Wells last weekend.
- She beat Williams 6-3, 6-2 win in one hour and 17 minutes.
- In her comeback in Indian Wells, she made it through to round three, where she fell to sister Venus in straight sets.
West Indies qualify for the 2019 Cricket World Cup.
- Two-time World Cup winners West Indies qualified for next year’s world cup.
- Scotland lost to West Indies by five runs on the Duckworth Lewis method in their qualifying match on Wednesday.
- West Indies were bowled out for 198 and Scotland were 125 for 5 with 14 overs remaining.
- The World Cup is hosted in England next year.
- Evin Lewis, scored 66, and Marlon Samuels scored 51 were the major contributors for the Windies.
- Scotland captain Kyle Coetzer lost his wicket early in the third over as they began their chase.
- George Munsey, 32 not out and Michael Leask scored 14 runs off 10 balls when the rains arrived.
Links Related to Current Affairs March 22:
|Current Affairs | 21-March-2018||Current Affairs | 20-March-2018|
|March 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Feb 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs March 22 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs March 22.