Daily Current Affairs March 23
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 23.
National Cadet Corps collecting data of 13 lakh cadets for meet with PM Modi.
- The largest voluntary uniformed youth organisation in the world, National Cadet Corps (NCC) is collecting personal data of its nearly 13 lakh cadets for an interaction of the cadets with Prime Minister.
- Data for nearly 9 lakh cadets has been collected so far and the remaining data will be completed in a fortnight.
- However, dates for the interaction with the PM has not been fixed so far.
- DG NCC Lt Gen B S Sahrawat had directed all state directorates to share a list of all NCC cadets with their “Name, Mobile No, Email-ID and Remarks column.
- PM Modi, who had been an NCC cadet has wished to interact with all cadets across the country during his meeting with DG NCC on Republic Day.
ISRO to launch GSAT-6A communication satellite on March 29.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation will launch the communication satellite GSAT-6A on March 29.
- The satellite will be launched on board the GSLV Mk-II (GSLV F08) from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota at 4.56pm on March 29.
- This will be the GSLV’s 12th flight and sixth flight with indigenous cryogenic stage.
- The rocket is set to take off from the second launch pad at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre.
- GSAT-6A, weighs 2140kg, it is a high power S-band communication satellite.
- It will provide a platform for developing technologies such as 6m S-Band unfurlable antenna, handheld ground terminals and network management techniques useful in future satellite-based mobile communication applications.
- GSAT-6 weighing 2132 kg was launched on board GSLV Mk II D6 on August 27, 2015.
India on the way to become the third largest tourist economy.
- India is on the path to become the third largest travel and tourism economy by 2028 in terms of direct and total GDP.
- World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) has published in it’s 2018 economic impact report.
- India will add nearly 10 million jobs in the tourism sector by 2028 and that the total number of jobs dependent directly or indirectly on tourism will increase from 42.9 million in 2018 to 52.3 million in 2028.
- Gloria Guevara, president and chief executive of WTTC said the biggest single area of improvement for travel and tourism in India is infrastructure.
- Regional Connectivity Scheme will open up 350 unserved and underserved airports and airstrips.
- The government aims to make the country a global cruise destination with a new cruise port in Mumbai.
International Affairs – Current Affairs March 23
Latest International Current Affairs March 23 Updates from around the globe.
US to impose $60 billion tariff on Chinese imports.
- President Trump said he would impose about $60 billion worth of annual tariffs on Chinese imports.
- However, the White House granted exemptions to American allies from steel and aluminum tariffs that go into effect on Friday, including the EU.
- The Trump administration has decided to exempt the European Union, South Korea, Brazil, Canada, and Mexico
- The tariffs will be published within 15 days, will target 1,300 lines of Chinese goods, everything from shoes and clothing to electronics.
Maldives lift emergency after 45 days.
- Maldives President Abdulla Yameen lifted the emergency imposed 45 days ago, when the country had plunged into a political and constitutional crisis following a Supreme Court order.
- The top court had ordered in February to release nine political prisoners including exiled opposition leader Mohamed Nasheed.
- The release has allowed Nasheed to return from self-imposed exile in London and contest presidential elections later this year.
- Yameen however, refused to carry out the court order and invoked emergency.
- He arrested the chief justice and another Supreme Court judge.
- The remaining judges revoked an earlier decision to reinstate 12 MPs who had been sacked for defecting to the opposition while Yameen also stripped parliament of its power to impeach him.
Business News – March 23 2018 Current Affairs
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 23 updates by reading the news.
Central Government to set up Rs 1,000-crore fund to boost R&D in silk.
- The government will constitute an inter-ministerial committee with a fund of Rs 1,000 crore to promote research & development (R&D) and technology transfer in the silk sector, Textile Minister Smriti Irani said on Thursday.
- Around 50,000 people will be trained. To ensure that R&D is not limited to the textiles ministry, for the first time an inter-ministerial committee is being set up chaired by the Textiles Secretary in which close to Rs 1,000 crore is being provided especially for R&D, technology transfer with the support of other ministries.
- Under the ‘Integrated Scheme for Development of Silk Industry’ 50 to 80 per cent of the cost will be borne by the central government if individuals or some states opt for infrastructure development for silk production.
- If the beneficiary belongs to SC/ST community, 65 per cent cost will be borne, whereas if the beneficiary is from the North-East, Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Jharkhand or Chhattisgarh, the Centre will bear 80 per cent.
- Out of 27 states, which consume and produce silk, only 17 states till now have a dedicated silk department or directorate.
Kumar Mangalam Birla to head the Idea-vodafone merger.
- Aditya-Birla group chief Kumar Mangalam Birla will head the merged entity of Idea Cellular Ltd and Vodafone India.
- Birla will be the non-executive chairman, while Balesh Sharma, currently the chief operating officer (COO) of Vodafone India, will be appointed the chief executive officer (CEO).
- Akshaya Moondra, currently chief financial officer at Idea, will take over the same role in the new entity.
- Ambrish Jain, a deputy managing director at Idea, will be the chief operating officer.
- Nick Gliddon, who currently heads business services at Vodafone India, will lead the merged enterprise business.
- Manish Dawar, chief financial officer at Vodafone India, will be responsible for integration planning, governance and execution.
- Sunil Sood will join the Vodafone Group AMAP Leadership Team and also help governance through board memberships. “
- The Birla group also intends to nominate Himanshu Kapania as non-executive board member of the merged entity.
Mahindra and Ford to develop new SUVs, electric vehicles.
- The Mahindra group and Ford Motor Company will jointly develop new SUVs and a small electric vehicle as part of an MoU by the two companies.
- The two companies signed five new Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to strengthen their strategic alliance and accelerate the development of key products in India and emerging markets.
- MoU mark the progress made by the two companies since announcing their alliance in September 2017.
- Under the MoU, Mahindra and Ford will co-develop a midsize sports utility vehicle (C-SUV).
- The vehicle will be built on the Mahindra platform, the new SUV will drive engineering and commercial efficiencies and will be sold independently by both companies as separate brands.
Appointments and Resignations – Current Affairs March 23
Check the latest appointments and resignations of important boards, companies, Governments in India – Current Updates on March 23.
IPS officer V V Lakshminarayana opts for Voluntary Retirement.
- Senior IPS officer V V Lakshminarayana has applied for Voluntary Retirement Service (VRS) citing personal reasons.
- Lakshminarayana, is serving as the Additional Director General of Police, Planning and Coordination.
- Lakshminarayana met the Director General of Police (DGP) and Additional Chief Secretary (ACS) Home and submitted the application and has also asked to waive off the notice period.
- The IPS officer has also adopted a village in Mehbubnagar district of Telangana state and is keen on developing it.
- He is a 1990-batch IPS officer, posted to Maharashtra cadre in 2013.
- He served as Joint Commissioner of Police with Thane Police before being promoted as the ADGP and moving to the DG office in South Mumbai.
- During his tenure as the ADGP, Maharashtra Police he modernized the force with bullet proof jackets, full body protectors, shields and morchas, endoscopes, thermal imaging reflex sights, assault rifles and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
Sports Updates – Current Affairs March 23
Current Affairs March 22 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Zimbabwe lose 2019 Cricket World Cup qualifier.
- Zimbabwe lost a must-win qualifier match against the already eliminated United Arab Emirates by three runs.
- The world Cup will be held in England and Wales in 2019. Zimbabwe has failed to reach the Cricket World Cup for the first time since 1983.
- Ireland and Afghanistan will be playing a knockout match on Friday, with the winner qualifying for the World Cup and playing the West Indies in the qualification final on Sunday.
- Zimbabwe would qualify if Ireland and Afghanistan play to a low-scoring tie. If there’s no result, Ireland advances on net run rate.
- UAE scored 235-7 in 47.5 overs in an innings cut short by rain, Zimbabwe’s revised target was 230 in 40 overs.
- It was able to reach only 226-7, at the Harare Sports Club.
Australia beat India in the women’s T20 Tri-series.
- Australian women defeated India with a six-wicket victory in the opening match of the T20 Tri-Series.
- Australia now has unbeaten record on tour having outclassed the hosts 3-0 in the ODI series.
- Opener Smriti Mandhana scored 67 off 41 balls, helping India post a decent total of 152 for five in 20 overs.
- Australia equalled their highest-ever chase in shortest format, comfortably winning in 18.1 overs.
- Jhulan Goswami (3/30), who unfortunately lacked support from the other end.
- Shikha Pandey (0/25 in 2 overs) and Rumeli Dhar (0/28 in 2.1 overs).
Links Related to Current Affairs March 23:
|Current Affairs | 22-March-2018||Current Affairs | 21-March-2018|
|March 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Feb 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs March 23 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs March 23.