Daily Current Affairs March 26
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 26
UIDAI set to introduce face authentication feature from July 1.
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is all set to make face authentication available alongside iris for verifying Aadhaar users from July 1, 2018.
- Face authentication shall be available infusion mode along with one more authentication factor like fingerprint/iris/OTP from July 1, 2018.
- The feature would be permitted along with either fingerprint or iris or OTP to verify the details of Aadhaar holders.
Today’s ‘Google Doodle’ marks the 45th anniversary of Chipko Movement.
- Today’s ‘Google Doodle’ marks the 45th anniversary of the forest conservation initiative called the Chipko Movement.
- The movement began in 1973 in Uttar Pradesh and was an initiative of Sunderlal Bahuguna, a renowned environmentalist.
- During the 18th century movement, as many as 363 people are said to have sacrificed their lives to save ‘khejri’ trees.
PM Modi’s Ambedkar challenge in 2019.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi once again invoked BR Ambedkar and said that new India is Ambedkar’s India.
- Data from the Centre for Study of Developing Societies (CSDS) also suggests that for the first time in Indian electoral history, the BJP won more Dalit votes than the Congress.
- But the BJP faces some problems in its outreach to Dalits.
- For Dalits, representation is a key barometer and BJP appears to be behind on this front.
UP CM Yogi Adityanath launches Gorakhpur-Delhi SpiceJet services.
- Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath on Sunday formally launched SpiceJet flight services for Delhi at the airport.
- After reaching Gorakhpur Airport, Adityanath flagged off a Boeing plane of SpiceJet for Delhi, which carried 189 passengers.
- The 189-seater plane takes 80 minutes to reach Delhi.
- On the occasion of Navami, the chief minister performed puja at the Gorakhnath temple, of which he is the head priest.
Latest International Current Affairs March 26 Updates from around the globe.
Swraj Paul to launch unique hotel in US.
- A unique hotel combining visual arts, performance, fashion, literature and gastronomy will soon be launched by London-based industrialist Swraj Paul.
- The company has acquired a historic building in St Louis in the US state of Missouri.
- Award-winning chef David Burke has announced he is launching his Grand Tavern by David Burke restaurant in the property.
Jordan prince wants India to play a key role in Syrian refugee crisis.
- Jordan Prince Ali bin Al Hussein has said India should play a major role in resolving the vexed Syrian refugee crisis.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had met Jordan’s King Abdullah II during his visit to the Middle Eastern country last month.
- India and Jordan enjoy friendly ties since diplomatic relations were established in 1950.
China’s air force holds drills again in the South China Sea, Western Pacific.
- China’s air force has held another round of drills in the disputed South China Sea and the Western Pacific.
- China insists it has no hostile intent, but its sabre-rattling in the busy South China Sea waterway.
- The air force said H-6K bombers and Su-30 and Su-35 fighters, among other aircraft, carried out combat patrols over the South China Sea and exercises in the Western Pacific.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 26 updates by reading the news.
Uber close to announcing the deal on Southeast Asian business sale to Grab.
- Uber Technologies Inc. has reached an agreement to sell its Southeast Asian ride-hailing business to rival Grab.
- SoftBank Group Corp., a major backer of Grab’s and Uber’s as well as China’s Didi Chuxing, has pushed consolidation to improve the profitability.
- The deal represents another major retreat from international markets for Uber.
- Grab CEO Braces for a Fight of Biblical Proportions with Uber.
Egypt launches WhatsApp hotline for reporting the fake news.
- Egypt has announced a new hotline for citizens that will run on WhatsApp and will allow them to report the news.
- It was launched on March 12 and the announcement was made through a statement by Egypt’s General Prosecution office.
- Since 2017, Egyptian authorises have been blocking Qatar-linked online publications such as Al-Jazeera, The Huffington Post Arabic.
BSNL to invest Rs 4,300 crore for network expansion in 2018-19.
- State-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) will invest about Rs 4,300 crore to expand the network in 2018-19.
- The investment of Rs 4,300 crore earmarked for BSNL’s own expansion will primarily go into strengthening the mobile network.
- Other government projects that BSNL is executing include providing bandwidth to Lakshadweep Island.
Current Affairs March 26 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Afghanistan thrashes West Indies to win ICC World Cup qualifying final.
- Leg-spin sensation Rashid Khan became the fastest bowler ever to reach 100 one-day international wickets.
- West Indies were bowled out for 204 before big-hitting opener Shahzad smashed 84 as Afghanistan knocked off the runs with 9.2 overs to spare.
- Both Afghanistan and West Indies had already made sure of their places in the 2019 World Cup by topping the 10-team qualifying tournament in Zimbabwe.
Valverde seals the third Tour of Catalonia success.
- Alejandro Valverde clinched his third title at the Tour of Catalonia on Sunday.
- Movistar’s Valverde posted a total time of 28 hours, 25 minutes and 7 seconds in Barcelona to add to his 2009 and 2017 successes in the event at age 37.
- Bernal crashed heavily with only six kilometres left as Yates of Mitchelton-Scott finished first on the day, ahead of Spaniard Marc Soler and Latour.
Smriti Mandhana scores fastest fifty for India in women’s T20 cricket.
- Smriti Mandhana on Sunday slammed the fastest fifty by an Indian player in women’s T20I cricket.
- She went on the attack from the word go and reached her half-century in 25 balls to better her own 30-ball 50 records.
- The overall record for the fastest fifty in women’s T20Is belongs to Sophie Devine (18 balls) of New Zealand.
- Overall, this was the seventh instance of a player scoring a ton in women’s T20Is.
Links Related to Current Affairs March 26:
|Current Affairs | 25-March-2018||Current Affairs | 24 -March-2018|
|March 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Feb 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs March 26 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs March 26.