Daily Current Affairs March 27
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 27
Varanasi to soon become smart city from a spiritual city.
- President, Ramnath Kovind on Monday lauded the Centre and state government’s development works, adding that the city, empowered by new infrastructure and connectivity.
- The President, accompanied by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated five projects which are part of the Varanasi Ring Road and a stretch of the NH-7.
- He also handed out appointment letters to youths who had recently landed jobs through the government’s skill development programme.
- He further said, “Varanasi will have a dedicated freight corridor and become a doorway to East India.
Congress appoints a team to oversee election activities in Bastar.
- The All India Congress Committee has appointed a team of three coordinators and 14 observers to oversee election activities.
- The move is significant, given the Congress holds an advantage in the area, winning 9 of 12 seats in the region in 2013.
- Kaushik and Rai have for months openly declared their allegiance with the Ajit and Amit Jogi-led Chhattisgarh Janata Congress.
Mayawati begins preparing for Lok Sabha polls, may contest from Ambedkarnagar.
- Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati has started preparing for the Lok Sabha election next year and she may contest from Uttar Pradesh’s Ambedkarnagar.
- Mayawati had represented the seat in Lok Sabha in 1998, 1999 and 2004.
- Mayawati said last Saturday that the defeat in the Rajya Sabha election will not affect the SP-BSP alliance.
- She also made it clear that instead of the Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha bypolls, her party will focus on the 2019 general elections.
Gujarat MLAs to get Rs 50 lakh more per year for area development.
- The Gujarat government today announced that the state’s 182 legislators would get Rs 1.50 crore each as Local Area Development(LAD).
- The announcement was made by Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel in the Assembly.
- The LAD grant allows legislators to finance developmental work in their constituencies.
Latest International Current Affairs March 27 Updates from around the globe.
Chinese army choppers intruded into Indian space 5 times this year.
- The Indian Army and the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) have told the Union government of at least five aerial intrusions by the Chinese Peoples’ Liberation Army (PLA) helicopters this year.
- Two PLA helicopters entered Indian airspace for between two and 10 minutes in the two sectors and were spotted about six kilometres across the perceived Line of Actual Control (LAC).
- This could also be an answer to Indian posturing since the Army and the ITBP are patrolling the LAC.
Russia vows to react to ‘provocative’ expulsions of diplomats.
- The Russian foreign ministry on Monday vowed to retaliate against the expulsions of its diplomats by the US and Canada, as well as 14 European Union countries.
- Moscow vowed that this “unfriendly step by this group of countries will not pass without trace and we will respond to it.”
- It complained that it had received no information on the “attempted assassination of Russian citizens.”
16 countries expel 106 Russian diplomats in one day.
- The United States and its European allies on Monday expelled dozens of Russian diplomats in a coordinated action against Moscow.
- The Russian foreign ministry on Monday vowed to retaliate against the expulsions of its diplomats by the US and Canada.
India will provide 4 Mi-24 choppers to Kabul, says, Afghan envoy.
- India will underwrite the delivery of four gunship helicopters by Belarus to Afghanistan ahead of the war-torn country’s spring fighting season.
- Afghanistan, Belarus and India inked a trilateral pact for the refurbished Mi-24 helicopters earlier this month.
- India supplied four Mi-24s to the Afghan Air Force during 2015-16, marking a significant shift from it’s earlier reluctance to provide lethal military equipment.
Egypt presidential election begins with Sissi certain winner.
- Polls opened on Monday in Egypt’s presidential election with the outcome a second, four-year term for President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi.
- Moussa has made no effort to challenge el-Sissi, who never mentioned his challenger once in public.
- Authorities hope enough people there are nearly 60 million eligible voters will vote in the three-day balloting to give the election legitimacy.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 27 updates by reading the news.
Hiranandani family to invest Rs 3,500 crore in oil and gas projects.
- Niranjan Hiranandani’s family is investing around Rs3,500 crore to build liquified natural gas (LNG) terminals in Maharashtra and West Bengal.
- The Hiranandanis are spending around Rs 1,700 crore in setting up the terminal and laying down a 60 km pipeline from Jaigarh to Dabhol that is expected to be ready by May 2018.
- The energy venture operates as a subsidiary of Niranjan’s realty firm Hiranandani Communities, which primarily focuses on building large townships across Maharashtra.
Oppo F7 is the latest iPhone X copy in India.
- Oppo on Monday launched its iPhone X clone in India, Oppo F7. The smartphone features an iPhone X-like notch design on its full-screen display.
- The smartphone will be available via Flipkart starting April 2.
- Oppo F7 features a 6.23-inch full HD+ display. The smartphone is powered by MediaTek’s Helio P60 octa-core processor.
Toyota trying to rebuild its base in Pune.
- Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) the joint venture that manufactures vehicles for the Japanese automaker in India is gradually rebuilding its base in the city.
- The latest one makes it the second sales and fourth service dealership for the TKM brand in the city.
- The company plans to open another franchise by the middle of 2018.
Krishnaswamy Vijay Raghavan is the new scientific adviser to govt.
- Krishnaswamy Vijay Raghavan was appointed as a principal scientific adviser to the government of India.
- VijayRaghavan will succeed physicist Rajagopala Chidambaram.
- VijayRaghavan was serving as secretary of the department of biotechnology since January 2013, succeeding Dr MK Bhan.
Current Affairs March 27 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Darren Lehmann to resign as Australia coach after ball-tampering scandal.
- Darren Lehmann will step down as coach of Australia before the fourth test against South Africa begins on Friday.
- Smith has been fined and suspended from the fourth test by the International Cricket Council.
- Lehmann took over from South African Mickey Arthur in 2013.
Varun Aaron to play for Leicestershire in 2018 County season.
- Varun Aaron to sign up for an English county side as he will turn up for Leicestershire during the upcoming season.
- Aaron has played for India in nine Tests and an equal number of ODIs and was a part of the Indian side during the 2014 series in England.
- Aaron will take over in first-class and List A cricket until Abbas returns for the Specsavers County Championship.
Anish Bhanwala wins India’s 3rd individual gold in junior shooting World Cup.
- Rising shooter Anish Bhanwala secured India a third individual gold medal at the ISSF Junior World Cup.
- The 15-year-old finished atop the podium in men’s 25m rapid fire pistol.
- India is now placed second in the overall standings with 15 medals comprising six gold, three silver and six bronze.
Links Related to Current Affairs March 27:
|Current Affairs | 26-March-2018||Current Affairs | 25-March-2018|
|March 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Feb 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs March 27 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs March 27.