Daily Current Affairs March 28
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 28
Delhi govt passes ‘green’ budget 2018-19.
- The Delhi Assembly on Tuesday passed the Rs 53,000 crore budget for 2018-19, with a major thrust on green initiatives to combat rising air pollution.
- Chief minister Arvind Kejriwal and his deputy Manish Sisodia asserted that the budget has taken care of all sections of the society.
- Talking about the budget, Sisodia had on March 22 termed it a “green budget” for effective containment of pollution in the city.
Zhaleo elected as Nagaland deputy speaker.
- Zhaleo Rio, Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party MLA from Ghaspani-II was elected to the post of deputy speaker of the Nagaland Assembly.
- He also acknowledged Zhaleo’s service as a Nagaland Civil Service officer before being inducted as an IAS officer in 1997.
New Nepal PM to make his first visit to India on April 6.
- Nepal’s Prime Minister K P Oli will make his first trip to India on April 6 keeping the tradition of the Nepalese PM making his first overseas trip to India.
- Oli will be given the red carpet treatment, as India scrambles to restore some of its former position in Nepal.
- He will stay at the Rashtrapati Bhavan and is scheduled to be awarded an honorary doctorate by an Indian university.
CBDT extends PAN-Aadhaar linking deadline to June 30.
- The CBDT today extended the deadline for the PAN-Aadhaar linking to June 30.
- The policy-making body of the tax department issued an order extending the deadline from the current last date of March 31.
- The order said the deadline for PAN-Aadhaar linking for filing I-T returns is being extended after “consideration of the matter”.
Sushma Swaraj to visit Japan for strategic dialogue.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will pay a three-day visit to Japan starting today.
- She will co-chair the strategic dialogue with her Japanese counterpart Taro Kono and review the entire gamut of bilateral ties.
- The 9th India-Japan Strategic Dialogue will take place on March 29.
India, Pakistan to hold Permanent Indus Commission meet from March 29.
- India and Pakistan will hold a two-day meeting of the Permanent Indus Commission here from Thursday.
- This will be the 114th meeting of the Permanent Indus Commission (PIC), which should meet at least once a year as per the Indus Waters Treaty (IWT).
- Pakistan’s six-member delegation will be led by Syed Muhammad Mehar Ali Shah.
India’s first global counter-terrorism centre to open in Jaipur.
- India’s first global counter-terrorism and anti-insurgency centre will come up in Jaipur on a 50-acre land.
- Rajasthan home department has identified land for the centre near Bagru town of Jaipur district.
- The cost of the centre is estimated to be Rs 275 crores, out of which Centre will bear Rs 165 crore and the state will pitch in with the remaining amount.
Latest International Current Affairs March 28 Updates from around the globe.
NATO expels seven Russian diplomats, limits the size of the mission.
- NATO has expelled seven diplomats from Russia’s mission to the alliance and blocked the appointment of three others.
- Stoltenberg said he had also cut the maximum size of the Russian mission to 20 people from 30.
- Governments across Europe, the United States and beyond announced plans on Monday to expel more than 100 Russian diplomats in retaliation for the attack.
Sri Lanka sinks bulletproof vehicles, LTTE ship.
- Sri Lankan Navy dumped at sea several bulletproof vehicles, including an LTTE ship, used by former presidents during the three-decade-long civil war.
- The move was to prevent them from falling into “wrong hands” if they were disposed of through public auctions.
- Armoured vehicles became part of politicians’ retinue due to LTTE’s feared suicide squads.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 28 updates by reading the news.
Novartis sells joint venture stake to GSK for $13 billion.
- Swiss pharmaceutical firm Novartis says it is selling its stake in a consumer healthcare joint venture with GlaxoSmithKline.
- The joint venture was formed in 2015 and Novartis holds a 36.5-percent stake.
- Novartis said the sale will be a cash transaction and is subject to the approval of GSK shareholders.
Fortis board set to announce a deal with Manipal-TPG.
- The board of Fortis Healthcare Ltd is set to announce the sale of its hospital assets to a combine of Manipal Health Enterprises Pvt. Ltd.
- The deal, which values Fortis’s hospital assets at around 10,200 crores, will be a two-step process.
- The TPG-Manipal combine will pay 3,900 crores for close to a 38% stake in the combined entity.
Glaxo may sell $3.1 billion India consumer unit stake to finance Novartis JV buyout.
- UK pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline Plc will examine selling the stake it holds in its Indian consumer health subsidiary, worth about $3.1 billion.
- The strategic review of its 72.5% stake in a publicly-traded Indian unit, GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Ltd, is expected to be completed by the end of 2018.
- Proceeds from a potential sale would be used to finance Glaxo’s $13 billion buyouts of Novartis AG’s stake in their consumer-health joint venture.
Current Affairs March 28 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
PV Sindhu, Smriti Mandhana in Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia list.
- PV Sindhu and cricketer Smriti Mandhana featured in the Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia 2018 list.
- In its third year, the list features 300 young innovators and disruptors across 10 categories.
Spain hit Lionel Messi-less Argentina for six as Isco nets hat-trick.
- Spain blew Argentina away on Tuesday but coach Julen Lopetegui insists they can take nothing for granted at this summer’s World Cup.
- Diego Costa was back in Spain’s starting line-up for the first time in eight international matches and he marked his return with the opening goal.
Links Related to Current Affairs March 28:
|Current Affairs | 27-March-2018||Current Affairs | 26-March-2018|
|March 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Feb 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs March 28 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs March 28.