Daily Current Affairs March 29
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 29
Deadline for linking Aadhaar with welfare schemes extended to June 30.
- The government has extended by three months to June 30 the deadline for linking of Aadhaar with welfare schemes.
- The earlier deadline was March 31, 2018, which meant that from April 1, all those who wanted to get government subsidies had to have the 12-digit identification number or proof of enrolment for Aadhaar.
- The extension is done by the government to avoid any inconvenience and to ensure that genuine beneficiary.
Maharashtra passes Bill to ban hookah bars.
- Maharashtra government on Wednesday passed a Bill in the both the Houses of the State Legislature to ban hookah parlours in the state.
- The proposed amendment to the Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products Act was passed on the last day of the budget session on Wednesday.
- The Bill defines hookah bars as establishments where people gather to smoke tobacco from a community hookah or a narghile provided individually.
ISRO twin satellites to boost communication for security establishment.
- The countdown has started at Sriharikota for space agency ISRO’s big launch of a home-made communications satellite.
- The GSAT-6A – the twin of the GSAT- 6 launched in 2015 – will lift off at 4.56 pm on Thursday.
- Around 400 scientists and engineers will attend to help the launch at the Satish Dhawan Space Center, which is on the coast near Chennai.
- The GSAT-6A, which it will carry, is a very special communications satellite that weighs 2066 kg and cost around 270 crores.
India, Pakistan to discuss Indus Waters Treaty issues during a 2-day meet in Delhi.
- Pakistan’s objections over the Indus Waters Treaty are likely to take place during the two-day meeting of the Permanent Indus Commission.
- India’s Indus water commissioner P K Saxena and a representative of the MEA will be part of the Indian delegation for the annual meeting.
- Pakistan’s six-member delegation, led by Syed Muhammad Mehar Ali Shah, has already arrived here for the Commission’s 114th meeting.
Latest International Current Affairs March 29 Updates from around the globe.
China agrees to share Brahmaputra river data with India.
- China on said it has agreed to share the Brahmaputra river water data with India, which it had withheld last year after the Doklam military stand-off.
- The announcement by the Chinese Foreign Ministry came a day after India and China held talks over the trans-border rivers in the eastern Chinese city of Hangzhou.
- India had complained that it did not receive hydrological data from China.
- Under an agreement, Beijing is supposed to share the river data with India, but it stopped last year after the two armies had a 73-day face off at Doklam.
Myanmar parliament elects Suu Kyi loyalist Win Myint as president.
- Myanmar’s parliament elected Win Myint, a loyalist of Aung San Suu Kyi, as a new president, while Suu Kyi retained her executive authority over the government.
- The vote comes as Suu Kyi’s civilian government has struggled to implement peace and national reconciliation.
- It remains in charge of security matters and still faces accusations of rights abuses.
- The National League for Democracy’s landslide election victory in late 2015 gave it large majorities in both houses.
Malala returns to Pakistan six years after she got shot by Taliban.
- Nobel laureate and education activist Malala Yousafzai returns to her native Pakistan today, six years after she got shot by Taliban gunmen.
- Pakistani station Geo TV showed footage of Yousafzai at Islamabad’s international airport walking to a car escorted by a security convoy.
- At age 17, Yousafzai became the youngest recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize in 2014 for her education advocacy.
- Now 20, she is making her first visit to Pakistan since 2012, After surviving the attack, Yousafzai was airlifted abroad and underwent surgery.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 29 updates by reading the news.
Grofers to deliver groceries via e-rickshaws in Delhi-NCR.
- Online grocery startup Grofers has commenced delivery operations via e-rickshaws in the national capital to reduce delivery cost by 25 percent.
- The company said it aims to upsize the fleet delivery to 50 e-rickshaws on Delhi-NCR roads in the next 3-4 months.
- Initially, customers in South Delhi will receive their groceries via e-vehicles. The services will then extend to other regions.
Hindustan Aeronautics shares list at 7.3% discount.
- Shares of Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) listed at 7.3% discount on the bourses on Wednesday.
- The initial public officer (IPO) of India’s largest defence public sector undertaking was under-subscribed.
- The government aimed to raise around Rs4,000 crore by selling 10.2% stake in HAL.
Mozilla’s new tool limits Facebook from tracking the user.
- Mozilla announced an add-on for Firefox called Facebook Container that helps users to continue using the social media application.
- The Mozilla’s new tool lets you continue using Facebook without worrying about being tracked by the social media app.
- You can also consider downloading Vivaldi browser, which is a desktop-only browser and is aimed at power users.
Lakshmi Mukkavilli appointed as chairwomen of CII—IWN.
- Lakshmi Mukkavilli, managing director of Patra BPO Services, takes the appointment as chairwoman of Confederation of Indian Industry’s Indian Women Network Andhra Pradesh for 2018-19.
- IWN stakeholders include women in industry, women entrepreneurs, and women in family businesses.
- Mukkavilli has been managing director of Patra BPO Services for the past 10 years.
Odisha, Vedanta signs MoU to set up a medical college.
- The Odisha government signed a MoU with the Vedanta Group to set up a 500 bedded medical college and hospital in Kalahandi district.
- State Health Minister Pratap Jena says a total of Rs 350 crore is spent on the project.
- Patnaik had laid the foundation stone of the medical college at Bhangabari in Bhawanipatna, the district headquarters town of Kalahandi, in November 2016.
Current Affairs March 29 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
AIFF launches scouting App to unearth talent.
- FIFA U-17 World Cup, the All India Football Federation took it a step further becoming the first National Sports Federation to launch a mobile-based scouting application to unearth future talent.
- AIFF’s new mobile scouting application Scout-Me will further ease out the scouting process.
Sharath Kamal to play for Yodhas in Ultimate Table Tennis League.
- Achanta Sharath Kamal was snapped up by Yodhas in the player draft for season 2 of the Rs 3 crore prize money Ultimate Table Tennis (UTT) League commencing on June 14 in Pune.
- He is eight-time national men’s champion and triple Commonwealth Games gold medalist.
- The Yodhas targeted Kamal, a strong contender for gold in next month’s CWG in Gold Coast, Australia.
- In all, 50 players were in the pool for the franchises to pick their eight-member squads.
BCCI ban Steve Smith, David Warner from IPL 2018.
- ICC bans Former Australia captain Steve Smith and vice-captain David Warner for 12 months.
- BCCI also banned them from taking part in the upcoming season of Indian Premier League.
- Shukla said that the IPL committee was waiting for the decision by Cricket Australia before taking their own call on the matter.
Links Related to Current Affairs March 29:
|Current Affairs | 28-March-2018||Current Affairs | 27-March-2018|
|March 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Feb 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs March 29 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs March 29.