Daily Current Affairs March 31
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 31
UP CM Yogi Adityanath inaugurates elevated road in Ghaziabad.
- Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath on Friday inaugurated a 10.30-km-long elevated road, touted to be the longest of its kind in the country.
- Built at a cost of Rs 1,147 crore, the six-lane elevated road is supported on 227 pillars.
- After inaugurating the road at Rajnagar extension area, the chief minister took it to travel to Vasundhara.
Ghaziabad becomes the first district in UP to have 100% electrification.
- Ghaziabad has become the first district in the state to have electricity in all its households.
- Chief minister Yogi Adityanath praised the Centre’s Saubhagya scheme and said his government’s efforts to augment the power infrastructure through it.
- Since the launch of central government’s Saubhagya scheme on December 17 last year, a total of 80,000 households were given with electricity connection.
- In an attempt to improve health infrastructure in the state, the chief minister also launched the ‘Aarogyam’ app.
Pakistan objects to hydro projects in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Pakistan has raised objections over the ongoing construction of the two hydroelectric power projects in Jammu and Kashmir.
- As per the treaty, the ‘eastern rivers’ of Beas, Sutlej, and Ravi are under India’s control, while Pakistan controls the ‘western rivers’ of Indus, Chenab and Jhelum.
- The treaty gives each country the right to use only 20% of the water from the rivers under the two countries’ respective control.
- The issue was raised in the Permanent Indus Commission (PIC) meeting, where government officials from India and Pakistan discussed the problems related to the Indus Basin.
- The issue was first raised at a previous meeting held last year.
India, Pakistan agree to resolve issues about the treatment of diplomats.
- After weeks of trading charges regarding the harassment of each other’s diplomats, India and Pakistan announced on Friday.
- They had agreed to resolve the matter in line with the provisions of a 1992 pact on the treatment.
- India and Pakistan have mutually agreed to resolve matters related to the treatment of diplomats and diplomatic premises in line with the 1992 ‘Code of Conduct.
- A similarly worded statement was issued by the Foreign Office in Islamabad.
- Pakistani officials said there had been close to 50 instances of harassment and intimidation of their diplomats since March 7.
Nepal PM K P Sharma Oli to visit India on April 6.
- On his first trip after being elected, Nepal Prime Minister K P Sharma Oli will come for a three-day state visit to India with spouse Radhika Shakya on April 6.
- During his visit, Oli, along with a high-level delegation, will hold talks with Prime Minister Modi.
- The upcoming visit will provide an opportunity to the two sides to review wide-ranging cooperative partnership.
Latest International Current Affairs March 31 Updates from around the globe.
Russia tests new intercontinental ballistic missile.
- The Russian military says it has successfully tested its latest intercontinental ballistic missile.
- The Defense Ministry said Friday’s launch from Plesetsk in northwestern Russia tested the Sarmat missile’s performance in the early stage of its flight.
- Sarmat is intended to replace the Soviet-designed Voyevoda, the world’s heaviest ICBM known as “Satan” in the West.
Pakistan tests nuclear-capable, a submarine-launched missile with a range of 450km.
- Pakistan has conducted a test of its nuclear-capable, submarine-launched cruise missile (SLCM), Babur, which has a range of 450 km.
- It has been working hard on developing this capability to carry out a retaliatory nuclear strike even after an enemy’s nuclear attack destroy.
- The Pakistan military’s media arm described Thursday’s test of the indigenously developed missile as successful.
China launches 2 satellites to boost navigation system.
- China on successfully launched two satellites with a single rocket to strengthen its BeiDou Navigation Satellite System.
- The BRI, previously known as ‘One Belt, One Road’, seeks to build rail, maritime and road links from Asia to Europe and Africa.
- By around 2020, when the BDS goes global, it is expected to have more than 30 satellites.
US regulator approves SpaceX plan for broadband satellite services.
- The top US telecommunications regulator on Thursday gave formal approval to a plan by Elon Musk’s SpaceX to build a global broadband network using satellites.
- The system proposed by privately held SpaceX, as Space Exploration Holdings is known, will use 4,425 satellites, the FCC said.
- The FCC said SpaceX has been granted authority to use frequencies in the Ka (20/30 GHz) and Ku (11/14 GHz) bands.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 31 updates by reading the news.
India receives maiden US LNG shipment at Dabhol.
- India received its first LNG cargo from the US under a long-term supply deal on Friday, when a ship carrying super-cooled natural gas arrived at Dabhol in Maharashtra.
- A chartered ship, MV Meridian Spirit arrived at Dabhol after a 25 days voyage from Louisiana, state-owned gas utility GAIL India Ltd said in a press statement.
- It has also contracted long-term volumes for another 2.3 million tonnes at Dominion Energy’s Cove Point liquefaction plant.
- WhatsApp will notify contacts when you change your mobile number.
WhatsApp is testing a new feature in the beta version of its app.
- The latest feature will help users migrate their data to a new number without much hassle, WABetaInfo reported.
- This update is available in the latest beta version of WhatsApp v 2.18.97 for Android.
- If you wish to become a beta tester for WhatsApp then you can do so by enrolling your number in the programme.
Tesla recalls 123,000 Model S cars over power steering issue.
- Tesla issued a voluntary recall of 123,000 Model S cars to replace a power steering bolt that could corrode due to salt used on winter roads.
- If the bolts fail, the driver is still able to steer the car, but the increased force is required due to loss or reduction of power assist.
- Tesla shares that ended the Nasdaq trading day up lost 2.5% to $259.40 after hours.
Govt appoints 13 new joint secretaries.
- The government on Friday appointed 1992 batch IAS officer Vineet Joshi as director general of the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- The government cleared a total of 13 new joint-secretary level appointments on Friday.
- Chandra Bhushan Kumar, a 1995 batch IAS officer, is new deputy election commissioner.
- Ritvik Ranjanam Pandey, a 1998 batch Karnataka cadre IAS officer will be a joint secretary in the department of revenue.
JKCA appoints Irfan Pathan as coach-cum-mentor.
- Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association(JKCA) appointed former India all-rounder Irfan Pathan as the coach-cum-mentor of its senior stateside for the 2018-19 season.
- JKCA CEO Aashiq Bukhari said he will be the coach-cum-mentor of our team for a period of one year.
- The 33-year-old Pathan played 29 Tests, 120 ODIs, and 24 T20 Internationals for India between 2003 and 2012.
Current Affairs March 31 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
P Kashyap, Sameer Verma in quarters of Orleans Open.
- Indian shuttlers P Kashyap and Sameer Verma entered the quarterfinals of the Orleans Open World Super 100 tournament.
- Fifth seed Kashyap, who clinched the Austrian Open last month, defeated Ireland’s, Joshua Magee.
- Kashyap, a Commonwealth Games gold medallist, will face Denmark’s third seed Rasmus Gemke.
Mitchell Starc ruled out of IPL 2018.
- Mitchell Starc has been ruled out of the 2018 Indian Premier League (IPL) due to a right leg injury.
- Starc, who was picked by Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) for a whopping Rs 9.4 crore at this year’s auction.
- In 27 IPL matches, Mitchell Starc has 34 wickets at an economy rate of 7.17.
- KKR will now depend more on compatriot Mitchell Johnson.
- Two-time champions KKR open their IPL 2018 campaign against RCB on April 8.
Former Manipur chief minister R K Dorendra Singh passes away at 83.
- Former Manipur Chief Minister R K Dorendra Singh passed away at the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences Hospital in Imphal.
- Dorendra Singh had been chief minister of the state four times between 1974 to 1993.
- Before becoming the chief minister, he was the Speaker of Manipur Assembly.
Links Related to Current Affairs March 31:
|Current Affairs | 30-March-2018||Current Affairs | 29-March-2018|
|March 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Feb 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs March 31 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs March 31.