Daily Current Affairs March 4
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 4
Arogya Karnataka healthcare scheme launched by Karnataka Government.
- Karnataka Chief Minister, Siddaramaiah unveiled the ‘Arogya Karnataka’ (Healthy Karnataka).
- The scheme aims to provide quality primary, secondary and tertiary treatment to Below Poverty Line (BPL) and Above Poverty Line (APL) families in Karnataka.
- Citizens below-poverty-line (BPL) in the state will get free treatment at all government hospitals.
- For citizens from above-poverty-line (APL), the State Government will provide 30 per cent of the treatment cost.
- The scheme announced in the State’s Budget in February 2018 is expected to be implemented by December this year.
- Close to 1.43 crore households in Karnataka is expected to be benefited from this scheme.
‘Ama Gaon, Ama Vikas’ programme, launched by Odisha Government.- Current Affairs March 4
- In hopes of reaching out to villagers of Odisha, the State Government has launched the ‘Ama Gaon, Ama Vikas’ (our village, our development) programme.
- The initiative aims to reach out to people in rural areas and involve them in developmental activities.
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik flagged off ‘Ama Gaon, Ama Vikas’ video vans.
- The vans will move across Odisha, highlighting various welfare schemes of Government.
- Wi-fi enabled video walls are set up in these vans help people send their grievances directly to the Chief Ministers’ Office Secretariat in Bhubaneswar.
Railways launched the new Arunachal Express.
- Minister of Railways, Arunachal Pradesh Rajen Gohain and Minister of Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju inaugurated the Arunachal Express train.
- Arunachal Express, a fully air-conditioned train service will run between Naharlagun and New Delhi every week.
- The new train will add to the existing weekly train service between the two places.
- It will also be the 14th direct train connecting Northeast with the national capital.
- The train will cover the 2,013 km distance between Naharlagun and Anand Vihar Terminal with 14 stops.
- It is completely air-conditioned and will have first class, two-tier and three-tier coaches along with a pantry car.
Latest International Current Affairs March 4 Updates from around the globe.
India and Vietnam to work on ties in agriculture, trade and Nuclear Energy.
- India and Vietnam agreed to cooperate on nuclear energy, trade and agriculture.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi held talks on various topics with Tran Dai Quang, President of Vietnam.
- Since, Vietnam is one of India’s closest partners in Asean, The two sides countries decided to co-develop projects in defence and boost ties in oil and gas exploration, including with third countries.
- Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc was one of the chief guests for the Republic Day Parade this year.
French President Emmanuel Macron to visit India.
- Emmanuel Macron will be visiting India on a four-day visit from March 9 to 12 at the invitation of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- His wife, Brigitte Marie-Claude Macron, and a delegation of businessmen and ministry officials will accompany the French President.
- The visit is aimed to strengthen bilateral economic, political and strategic relations of both the countries.
- Both countries have decided to cooperate in the defence, maritime, space, security, and energy-related sectors.
- Focus will also be on terrorism, climate change, sustainable growth and development, infrastructure, smart urbanization, science and technology cooperation and youth exchanges.
- Modi and Macron will co-chair the founding conference of the International Solar Alliance (ISA), on March 11.
- French President last visited India in January 2016 as the chief guest at the Republic Day celebrations.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 4 updates by reading the news.
Big Basket to start offline stores soon.
- Online grocer BigBasket to go offline following an investment by Chinese major Alibaba.
- The Bengaluru-based Big Basket is looking to supplement its online business with offline kiosks that will stock daily groceries, fast-moving consumer goods, fruits and vegetables.
- BigBasket has already started a pilot app called BB Instant. To increase the purchasing frequency of its users, the online grocer also plans to start a subscription service for essential items like milk and bread, among others.
- BigBasket got a fresh round of funding of $300-million by Alibaba.
- Founder and CEO Hari Menon said that they were looking to scale up their offline kiosks into thousands of such installations across the country to step on the gas for aggressive growth this year.
- Amazon, too, has a separate platform for two-hour grocery deliveries under Amazon Now.
ArcelorMittal to buy India’s Essar Steel. – Current Affairs March 4
- ArcelorMittal SA, to form a joint venture with Japan’s Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corp to buy Indian steelmaker Essar Steel India Ltd,.
- Essar Steel is currently undergoing bankruptcy proceedings.
- ArcelorMittal unit ArcelorMittal India Pvt Ltd has submitted it’s plan to India’s National Company Law Tribunal, for insolvency and company disputes.
- In February, ArcelorMittal and a group led by Russia’s VTB made separate bids for Essar Steel, which faces claims of nearly $8 billion from banks and other creditors and suppliers.
- At the time, ArcelorMittal offered a “detailed industrial plan” for Essar Steel, aimed at improving its performance and profitability.
- Essar Steel was among a dozen of India’s biggest debt defaulters that were pushed to bankruptcy court last year after a central bank order aimed at clearing $147 billion in bad loans at the nation’s banks choked lending.
Mahindra Aerospace to tie up with Canada’s Viking Air to provide regional air connectivity.
- Mahindra Aerospace Private Limited and Canada’s Viking Air Ltd have signed an MoU to provide air connectivity for tier I, II and III cities.
- Together the companies aims to offer a wide variety of turboprops, including seaplanes, to players getting into regional aviation market here.
- Viking makes the Twin Otter Series 400, 19-passenger twin-engine turboprop aircraft that is capable of operating from multiple surfaces (including water).
- Mahindra Aerospace produces the eight-seater utility piston aircraft, the Mahindra Airvan 8, and the 10-seat turboprop utility aircraft, the Mahindra Airvan 10.
Check out the latest agreements news by reading Current Affairs March 4 updates.
Punjab Government signed an MoU with Nandan Nilekani’s e-Governance Foundation (e-Gov).
- Nandan Nilekani’s e-Gov Foundation has signed an Memorandum of Understanding to provide various services online on behalf of the government.
- According to the MoU, 67 various government services would be provided online within a span of 1 year.
- The 12 modules includes,
- Property Tax
- Water & Sewerage Management
- Complaints and Grievance
- Fire Service
- Birth and Death
- ULB web portal
- Mobile App
- State and ULB Dashboards
- Financial Accounting
- Minister Navjot Singh Sidhu said the Punjab Government is fully committed to fulfilling promises of delivering the citizen-centric services in a transparent and smooth manner.
Current Affairs March 4 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Navjot Kaur became the first Indian woman to win a gold medal at the Asian Championships.
- The Railways wrestler created history by becoming the first Indian woman to clinch a gold medal at the Asian Championships.
- She beat Mongolia’s Enkhbayar Tsevegmed, a 2-1 in the semi final.
- In the final the 27-year-old Navjot defeated the Japanese 9-1.
- A bronze medallist in the 69kg freestyle event at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, where Vinesh won the gold medal.
- Navjot suffered a back injury in 2015, during which she stayed away from the national camp for two years before resuming training last year.
Roberto Bautista Agut won the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships.
- Roberto Bautista Agut defeated France’s Lucas Pouille 6-3 6-4 to win the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships.
- Agut secured his first ATP 500 title.
- Bautista, winner of the Auckland Classic title in January, took a 3-1 lead.
- Second-seed Pouille, competing in his third ATP final in four events, also lost a chance to move into the top 10 for the first time.
- Bautista Agut is expected to climb to world number 16 when the rankings are updates.
Kobe Bryant’s ‘Dear Basketball’ wins Oscar for Best Animated Short Film.
- Kobe with five NBA Championships and two Olympic gold medals won an Oscar Award for the animated short film ‘Dear Basketball’.
- The six-minute long film is based on Bryant’s retirement letter.
- Animator Glen Keane directed the film, who had previously worked on films like “Aladdin” and “Beauty and the Beast.”
- Other nominees for the award were “Garden Party”, “Lou”, “Negative Space” and “Revolting Rhymes”.
- Kobe Bryant retired in 2016 after spending 20 years with the Los Angeles Lakers.
Links Related to Current Affairs March 4:
|Current Affairs | 03-March-2018||Current Affairs | 02-March-2018|
|March 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Feb 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs March 4 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs March 2.