Daily Current Affairs March 5
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 5
Nagaland set for Rio carnival.
- The leader of the NDPP-BJP alliance, Neiphiu Rio met Nagaland governor PB Acharya and staked claim to form the government under the banner of People’s Democratic Alliance (PDA).
- National Democratic Progressive Party (NDPP) secretary general Abu Metha said PDA comprising NDPP, BJP, JDU and Independents was formed on Sunday.
- Rio handed over letters of support from BJP, JDU and Independent legislators, to the governor.
Isro gears up to launch 2 satellites before Chandrayaan-2 mission.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) is gearing up to launch two other satellites before the lunar mission in April.
- Isro chairman Dr K Sivan said the first launch will be of GSLVMk II carrying Gsat-6A satellite by the end of March.
- Soon thereafter, we will launch navigation satellite IRNSS-1I that will take lift off by PSLV C-41.
- Gsat-6A, similar to Gsat-6, is a high-powered S-band communication satellite weighing 2,140 kg.
India, Vietnam to take steps to achieve $15 billion trade target.
- India and Vietnam will explore substantive and practical measures to achieve the bilateral trade target of $15 billion by 2020.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi held delegation-level talks with Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang, who is on a three-day India visit.
- The joint statement further said both the sides agreed to hold the next Meeting of the Joint Sub-Commission on Trade in Vietnam’s capital city Hanoi in 2018.
Budget session resumes today, opposition set to raise PNB fraud.
- The second part of the budget session of Parliament is expected to commence on a stormy note today.
- The Opposition set to raise the fraud at Punjab National Bank (PNB) scam and the government likely to counter by highlighting the arrest Karti Chidambaram in a money laundering case.
- The other issues likely to be raised by the Opposition are the Rafale fighter aircraft deal and the alleged paper leak in the SSC Combined Graduate-Level (CGL) examination.
Vice-president Venkaiah Naidu honours former CJI Khehar, Milkha Singh.
- Vice-president M Venkaiah Naidu honoured several eminent personalities, including former CJI Jagdish Singh Khehar and legendary athlete Milkha Singh.
- Khehar and three other people were conferred the ‘Honoris Causa’ degrees during the 67th annual convocation of the Panjab University (PU).
- Gian Ratna was given to Prof B N Goswamy and Udyog Ratna was given to leading industrialist Sunil Kant Munjal.
- The award comprised a cash prize of Rs one lakh and the citation for researchers.
Latest International Current Affairs March 5 Updates from around the globe.
China skips announcement of the national defence budget.
- China kept its defence budget under wraps, breaking from the tradition of announcing it a day ahead of the opening of the National People’s Congress (NPC).
- It has increased its spending on military by modest margins in recent years.
- China has increased its defence expenditure in recent years mostly to update arms and equipment.
First Hindu Dalit woman elected to Pakistan’s Senate.
- Krishna Kumari Kolhi has become the first Hindu Dalit woman to be elected to the Pakistan Senate.
- The 39-year-old activist was nominated by Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) chairman Bilawal Bhutto for a reserved seat for women from Sindh.
- The ruling PML-N party gained control of the Senate after winning 15 seats in the elections.
Guatemala to move embassy in Israel to Jerusalem in May.
- Guatemala will move its embassy in Israel to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv in May.
- Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales said he would like to thank President Trump for leading the way.
- His courageous decision has encouraged us to do what is right.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 5 updates by reading the news.
Porsche could build flying taxis, says sales chief.
- Volkswagen’s sports car maker Porsche could develop a flying passenger vehicle to compete with rivals in a possible market.
- Porsche would join a raft of companies working on designs for flying cars in anticipation of a shift in the transport market.
- Volkswagen’s auto designer Italdesign and Airbus at last year’s Geneva auto show presented a two-seater flying car.
AirAsia India to begin overseas operations by January 2019.
- Budget carrier AirAsia India has charted out expansion plans to connect more tier-II and III cities.
- They set a target to commence flights to overseas destinations by January 2019.
- The airliner last week inducted its 16th aircraft and announced the addition of Nagpur and Indore to its list of destinations.
Air India operates all-women crew flight from Kolkata.
- National carrier Air India has operated a flight on the Kolkata-Dimapur-Kolkata sector with an all-women cockpit and cabin crew.
- According to a release issued by the airlines, the flight AI709, an Airbus 319, was operated by Captain Akanksha Verma and Captain Satovisa Banerjee in the cockpit.
- Air India had operated the world’s first all-women crew flight from Kolkata to Silchar way back in 1985.
Dinesh Karthik appointed Kolkata Knight Riders captain for IPL 2018.
- Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) have named wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Karthik as their captain for the upcoming season of IPL.
- KKR revels Robin Uthappa, one of the frontrunners for the top job, has appointed as the vice-captain.
- Karthik was bought by KKR for Rs 7.4 crore at the IPL auction in January this year.
Venkatesh Prasad takes the appointment as bowling coach at KXIP.
- Venkatesh Prasad takes the appointment as bowling coach of Kings XI Punjab for the upcoming Indian Premier League.
- With the season 11 of the tournament around the corner, Kings XI Punjab announced their support staff.
- Former Australia player Brad Hodge came in on board as the team’s head coach for the next three seasons.
Resignations and Retirements Updates
Wesley Sneijder retires from international football.
- Midfielder Wesley Sneijder ended his record-breaking career with the Netherlands by announcing his retirement from international football.
- The decision follows discussions with new Dutch coach Ronald Koeman, who went to see him in Qatar.
- He made his debut in 2003 and was a World Cup runner-up in South Africa in 2010.
Current Affairs March 5 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Rashid Khan becomes the youngest captain in international cricket.
- At 19 years and 165 days of age, highly-rated Afghanistan leg-spinner Rashid Khan, the No. 1 Twenty20 International bowler.
- He became the youngest captain in the history of international cricket.
- The previous record was held by Rajin Saleh, 20 years and 297 days when he led Bangladesh’s ODI side against South Africa in an ICC Champions Trophy.
Viswanathan Anand wins the Rapid event at Tal Memorial.
- Viswanathan Anand won the rapid event at the 11th Tal Memorial chess in Moscow.
- The World rapid champion finished the event with 6 points while Shakhriyar Mamedyarov (with 5 points) came second.
- That reversal was followed by draws to Peter Svidler and Vladimir Kramnik in the fourth and fifth round respectively.
Barcelona beat Atletico Madrid 1-0.
- Barcelona defeated Atletico Madrid 1-0 in the La Liga game to strengthen their lead and the top spot to march towards the title.
- They are eight points clear of Atletico Madrid who is at 61 points.
Check out the latest Obituary Updates by reading Current Affairs March 5 updates.
Italian footballer Davide Astori dies aged 31.
- Fiorentina captain and defender Davide Astori died of a sudden illness on Sunday morning.
- Italian media said that 31-year-old Davide Astori, who was captain of Serie A side Fiorentina, was found dead in his hotel room.
- Astori joined Fiorentina on loan in August 2015 and the club signed him outright one year later.
- He previously spent six seasons at Cagliari and one on loan at AS Roma.
Links Related to Current Affairs March 5:
|Current Affairs | 04-March-2018||Current Affairs | 03-March-2018|
|March 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Feb 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs March 5 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs March 5.