Daily Current Affairs March 6
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 6
Japan’s Chief of the Joint Staff meets Navy chief Lanba.
- Japanese Self-Defense Forces Admiral Katsutoshi Kawano and Navy chief Admiral Sunil Lanba held talks on ways to boost bilateral defence cooperation.
- Kawano, during his visit also paid homage to martyrs at the Amar Jawan Jyoti memorial at the India Gate.
- He also met Vice Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal S B Deo.
Anna Hazare announces stir for Lokpal bill from March 23.
- Anna Hazare on Monday announced that he would sit on a protest in New Delhi’s Ramlila Ground from March 23.
- Invoking Mahatma Gandhi, the social activist said that it will be a ‘Do or Die’ movement for a strong Jan Lokpal bill.
- In the past 22 years, 12 lakh farmers have committed suicide which is a failure of successive governments,” he added.
Navy carries out mega war game in the Arabian sea.
- The Indian Navy has carried out a major review of its operational capabilities during a two-month mega war game in the Arabian Sea.
- This review included both peacetime operations as well as the training and preparations for war.
- The Navy said the war game was the first of its kind to be conducted on both seaboards.
- Which is indicative of the Navy’s threat perceptions of a two-front war.
CM for Tripura govt to be sworn in on March 8.
- The new government will be sworn in on Thursday (March 8) in Tripura.
- Where the Bharatiya Janata Party-led alliance defeated the Communist Party of India (Marxist) government, which was in power in the northeastern state for 25 years.
- The BJP and its alliance partner, the Indigenous People’s Front of Tripura (IPFT), scripted history by winning the assembly polls.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP national president Amit Shah are expected to attend the swearing-in ceremony.
MP govt to give Rs 12,000 on childbirth to poor.
- Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on his birthday announced to grant of Rs 12,000 on childbirth in a poor family.
- He also said a Rs 5,000 will be given for the last rites of a poor person, along with the provision of electricity at Rs 200.
- The government will provide Rs 5,000 for the last rites of the poor and will also provide Rs 2 lakh through insurance to people who died a natural death before reaching 60 years of age.
Latest International Current Affairs March 6 Updates from around the globe.
Pakistan PM Abbasi arrives in Nepal, meets Oli.
- Pakistan Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi on Monday arrived in Nepal on a two-day visit.
- During which he will hold talks with Nepal’s top leadership as part of his country’s efforts to engage with regional nations.
- Abbasi, who is visiting Nepal at the invitation of Prime Minister K P Sharma Oli, was received by finance minister Dr Yuvaraj Khatiwada.
- Abbasi is the first high-level foreign leader to visit Nepal after Premier Oli assumed office last month.
China to launch Long March 5B rocket into space in 2019.
- China’s heavy-lift Long March-5B carrier rocket will be launched into space in 2019.
- It is capable of carrying a payload of 25,000 kg in low earth orbit.
- Designed as the country’s strongest carrier rocket, the Long March-5 has a payload capacity of 25 tonnes to Low Earth Orbit.
China will select the third batch of astronauts in the first half of this year for its manned space exploration plan.
- Google celebrates the 91st birthday of novelist Gabriel Garcia Marquez with a doodle.
- Google doodle is celebrating Gabo’s birthday, one of the primary personalities to popularize magic realism in literature.
- The Spanish language writer would have turned 91 today.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 6 updates by reading the news.
Google’s expansion plans to help to turn NYC into Silicon Valley East.
- Google, to expand its footprint in the city are helping to legitimize New York’s claim to be Silicon Valley East.
- It is reportedly close to a reaching a $2.4 billion deal to add a landmark Meatpacking District building.
- Google already leases space in Chelsea Market, which also contains offices for Major League Baseball.
Amazon to stop selling all Nest smart home devices.
- Online retailer Amazon has decided not to sell any of the new products from Google’s smart home division Nest.
- After weeks of being unresponsive to Nest, Amazon informed the company that the directive came from the top.
- The company has also determined to remove its current set of older products from Amazon.
Infosys grants 19.3 lakh stock units to Salil Parekh.
- India’s second largest IT services firm Infosys said it has granted 1.13 lakh restricted stock units (RSUs) to its new chief executive, Salil Parekh.
- In all, it has given 19.3 lakh RSUs to its senior executives and other employees.
- The date of grant for these stock incentives is February 27, 2018, and the exercise price will be the par value of shares.
Neil Basu appointed Scotland Yard’s counter-terror chief.
- Neil Basu, reputed for his work in combating terror, has been appointed the new head of counter-terrorism operations of Scotland Yard.
- Basu, whose father is of Indian origin, is the first ethnic minority officer to take on the key role.
- He took up his current role as senior national coordinator for counter-terrorism in October 2016.
NBA star Kobe Bryant wins Oscar for the animated short film.
- Retired basketball star Kobe Bryant has won five NBA titles, but taking home an Oscar on his first attempt.
- He said he was thrill than the victories earned by the Los Angeles Lakers, the 39-year-old future Hall of Famer.
- Bryant, who played 20 seasons, has started his own production company in retirement, Kobe Studios.
Current Affairs March 6 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Sunil Gavaskar named commissioner of T20 Mumbai League.
- Legendary batsman Sunil Gavaskar was named as the commissioner of the inaugural edition of the T20 Mumbai League.
- All the matches of the League, in which six teams are participating, will be held at the iconic Wankhede Stadium.
- The announcement to appoint Gavaskar was made by the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA).
Ravi Kumar wins 10m air rifle bronze in shooting World Cup.
- Ravi Kumar won his first shooting World Cup medal a bronze in the mens 10m Air Rifle event.
- This was India’s fourth medal of the competition with Shahzar Rizvi and Jitu Rai winning gold and bronze, respectively.
- Ravi on Sunday shot 226.4 and had to beat compatriot Deepak Kumar in a shoot-off for third and fourth spots in the final.
Links Related to Current Affairs March 6:
|Current Affairs | 05-March-2018||Current Affairs | 04-March-2018|
|March 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Feb 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs March 6 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs March 6.