Daily Current Affairs March 8
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 8
Arun Jaitley to contest Rajya Sabha polls from UP.
- Union finance minister Arun Jaitley is nominated by the BJP to represent the Upper House from Uttar Pradesh.
- He has been representing Gujarat in the Rajya Sabha since April 2000.
- Jaitley was elected to the Rajya Sabha from Gujarat for the first time when he was appointed the minister of state.
India-China bilateral trade hits the historic high of $84.44 billion in 2017.
- The India-China bilateral trade reached $84.44 billion last year, a historic high notwithstanding bilateral tensions over a host of issues.
- A rare novelty of the bilateral trade otherwise dominated by the Chinese exports was about 40 percent increase in Indian exports to China in 2017.
- The bilateral trade in 2017 rose by 18.63 percent year-on-year to reach $84.44 billion.
- The bilateral trade stagnated around $70 billion for several years despite the leaders of both the countries setting $100 billion as a target for 2015.
Deccan Queen Express train to have all-women staff today.
- On the occasion of the International Women’s Day, the Central Railway (CR) has decided to deploy all-women staff on the popular Deccan Queen Express train.
- The Matunga Road station of the Western Railway (WR) will also be fully-managed by women from today.
- Asia’s first woman train driver Surekha Yadav will pilot the express and senior assistant loco pilot Trushna Joshi will assist her.
Chandrababu Naidu says TDP ministers to quit NDA govt today.
- The Telugu Desam Party (TDP) said on Wednesday that its ministers would quit the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government at the Centre.
- The decision came amid a persistent deadlock between the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), which leads the NDA, and the TDP over an issue.
- The TDP announced aviation minister P Ashok Gajapati Raju and junior minister for science and technology YS Chowdhury, would quit.
- The TDP has 16 members in the Lok Sabha and six in the Rajya Sabha.
Avani Chaturvedi India’s first woman fighter pilot to fly solo.
- Flying officer Avani Chaturvedi is the first Indian woman pilot in the Indian Air Force to complete a solo flight in a MiG-21 Bison fighter aircraft.
- Chaturvedi flew solo in a MiG-21 Bison fighter aircraft over Jamnagar Air Base on February 19 for around 30 minutes.
- She is among the first batch of three women officers who were commissioned as fighter pilots in the IAF in June 2016.
ITBP gets first woman officer in a combat role.
- In another first for women, 25-year-old Prakriti has been inducted as the first direct-entry combat officer in the Indo-Tibetan Border Police.
- The ITBP force is the last of the CAPFs to induct women officers in combat roles after the government first allowed it to enrol them in 2016.
- Prakriti, who goes by a single name, had cleared the UPSC exam for officers’ recruitment in CAPFs in the same year and in her first attempt.
- The force already has women in combat roles but only in the constable ranks.
Latest International Current Affairs March 8 Updates from around the globe.
The UK rolls out the red carpet for Saudi crown prince.
- Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II welcomed Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman on Wednesday at the start of a controversial state visit.
- The crown prince launched with the queen at Buckingham Palace ahead of talks with Prime Minister Theresa May.
- May defended the invitation and Saudi’s involvement in Yemen when she was grilled in parliament over Prince Mohammed.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 8 updates by reading the news.
Coca-Cola to launch first alcoholic drink.
- Soft drinks giant Coca-Cola is breaking has plans to launch its first alcoholic drink aimed at Japan’s growing alcopop market.
- The world’s largest soft drink company is eyeing the burgeoning demand for “Chu-Hi” canned sparkling flavoured drinks.
- Since it was created in May 1886 at a soda fountain in Atlanta, Georgia by John S Pemberton, the recipe for Coca-Cola has been kept a secret.
Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma youngest Indian on Forbes list of billionaires.
- Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma the youngest Indian billionaire according to Forbes magazine.
- While 92-year-old Samprada Singh, chairman emeritus of Alkem Laboratories Ltd, is the oldest, according to Forbes magazine.
- Sharma ranked 1,394th on the list with a fortune of $1.7 billion, is the only Indian billionaire in the under-40 league.
Kia Motors to plunge into Indian small car market.
- Kia Motors Corp. will take a plunge into India’s crowded small car market.
- The affiliate of South Korea’s Hyundai Motor Corp. plans to make three or more models in the compact hatchback.
- Hatchbacks account for almost two-thirds of India’s car market, which is poised to become the world’s third largest by 2020.
- While Kia is set to begin production by the middle of next year at Anantapur in southern India, more competition is coming.
- Motor Corp. is also setting up its first car manufacturing plant in India to sell the MG brand from 2019.
Hardeo Singh Yadav appointed Nerist director.
- The Union human resource development ministry appointed Hardeo Singh Yadav as the director of North East Regional Institute of Science and Technology.
- The appointment committee of the cabinet has approved the proposal, based on the recommendation of the search-cum-selection committee.
- Yadav is presently serving as the senior-most professor in the chemistry department of the institute.
- He had also served as the director-in-charge of the deemed university from April 19, 2016, to March 26 last year.
Indian architect Balkrishna Doshi wins Pritzker prize.
- Indian architect Balkrishna Doshi, a pioneer of low-cost housing design, won the prestigious Pritzker Prize on Wednesday.
- He is the 45th Pritzker laureate and the first from India.
- Doshi began studying architecture in 1947, the year India gained independence.
Current Affairs March 8 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Juventus come back to beat Tottenham Hotspur 2-1.
- Gonzalo Higuain and Paulo Dybala scored twice inside three minutes as Juventus stunned Tottenham to reach the Champions League quarterfinals.
- Tottenham became the first English side to be eliminated in the Champions League this season.
- Liverpool advanced Tuesday and Manchester City went through on Wednesday with a 5-2 victory over Basel despite losing 2-1 at the Etihad Stadium.
Links Related to Current Affairs March 8:
|Current Affairs | 07-March-2018||Current Affairs | 06-March-2018|
|March 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Feb 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs March 8 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs March 8.