Daily Current Affairs March 9
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 9
The India-Bangladesh bond is dominated by domestic compulsions.
- West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee opposed it, fearful of implications for irrigation in her state and the panchayat polls due this year.
- Experts agree that relations between the two countries are in the best phase and there was significant progress in the last nine years of the Hasina government
- When Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina visited India last April, 22 pacts were signed.
- But a treaty on sharing the waters of Teesta river did not make much headway.
Two TDP ministers resign from Modi govt over Andhra special status issue.
- The two Telugu Desam Party (TDP) ministers in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government resigned on Thursday.
- In a reciprocal measure, the two BJP ministers in the Andhra cabinet too put in their papers and quit the state government.
- Telugu Desam Party ministers Ashok Gajapathi Raju and YS Chowdary went to the PM’s residence to submit their resignation letters.
Karnataka government unveils state flag, awaits Centre’s approval.
- Karnataka chief minister Siddaramaiah on Thursday unveiled the state flag, terming the move a historic decision.
- The state cabinet had asked me to take a decision after taking the opinion of pro-Kannada organisations and intellectuals.
- The proposal to have a state flag will be sent to the home ministry for approval.
- This is for the first time that the state will have its own flag. Except for Jammu and Kashmir, no other state in India has its own flag.
On Women’s day, the government launches biodegradable sanitary pads for Rs. 2.50.
- The government launched a biodegradable sanitary pad ‘Suvidha‘ on Thursday to mark International Women’s Day.
- The oxo-biodegradable sanitary pads priced at Rs. 2.50 per pad will be available at Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi centres.
- The sanitary pads will be available in packs of four across 3200 centres and each pack will be priced at Rs. 10.
The UK claims release of secret 1980s files may prejudice ties with India.
- The UK authorities the operation Blue Star in 1984 could prejudice international relations with India.
- Just the passage of time does not diminish the significance of this case, said the counsel for the Cabinet Office.
- The documents may well allay concerns and help reassure the Sikh community.
Latest International Current Affairs March 9 Updates from around the globe.
Rahul Gandhi visits Netaji memorial in Singapore.
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi on Thursday visited the iconic INA memorial in Singapore and paid homage to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
- The 47-year-old Gandhi is on a three-day trip to Singapore and Malaysia during which he will meet Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.
- Congress President Rahul Gandhi paid a visit to the Singapore Indian Association located at Balestier Road.
Indian volunteer Srishti Bakshi wins Commonwealth Point of Light award.
- Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II on Thursday recognised Srishti Bakshi from India as the 26th Commonwealth Point of Light in honour.
- Srishti is the founder of the CrossBow Miles movement.
- After seeing that India’s National Crime Records Bureau recorded 327,394 cases of violence against women in 2015, Srishti decided to make a statement.
- And spread her message of gender equality across the country.
India to rebuild 50,000 houses in Nepal damaged by 2015 earthquake.
- India will help rebuild 50,000 houses in Nepal that were damaged during the 2015 great earthquake by providing a grant of $16.2 million.
- The Indian government signed an agreement in Kathmandu on Thursday with the United Nations Development Programme.
- The UNDP will provide facilitation to 26,912 houses in Gorkha, and UNOPS will cover 23,088 houses in Nuwakot under the three-year project.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 9 updates by reading the news.
Microsoft to discontinue Windows 10 S for a new ‘S Mode’.
- Microsoft has confirmed it will discontinue Windows “10 S” the latest version of its flagship Operating System.
- The tech giant is contemplating a new “S Mode” for Windows 10 Home, Enterprise and Pro versions of the OS.
- The new “S Mode” will lock down any copy of Windows 10 so it can only run apps from Microsoft Store.
Former Uber CEO Travis Kalanick to launch investment fund called ‘10100’.
- Travis Kalanick, the former Uber chief executive, announced in a Twitter post that he is going to start an investment fund called 10100.
- The fund will oversee for-profit investments as well as non-profit work and focus on education and future of cities.
- One user suggested that it could be a reference “Googol” or “10 to the power 100.”
The solar coalition is to unveil $700 million of projects.
- A global coalition aimed at supporting the use of solar power is expected to announce a slew of projects worth about $700 million.
- The International Solar Alliance, an initiative launched at the Paris climate talks in 2015.
- The ISA aims to organize $1 trillion in low-cost financing for solar energy projects by 2030.
Current Affairs March 9 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
India B beat Karnataka to lift Deodhar Trophy.
- India B beat Karnataka by six wickets in the Deodhar Trophy final at the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium.
- Chasing 279/8, India B got off to a flying start as openers Ruturaj Gaikwad (58) and Abhimanyu Easwaran (69) forged an 84-run partnership.
- For India B, K Khaleel Ahmed took three wickets while Umesh Yadav scalped two.
Minerva Punjab wins maiden I-League title.
- Minerva Punjab FC got the better of Churchill Brothers 1-0 to win the I-League title.
- William Asiedu Opoku scored the game’s only goal in the 15th minute.
- The loss also ensured Churchill Brothers’ relegation to the second division.
Bhubaneswar to host the inaugural edition of Super Cup.
- The inaugural edition of the Super Cup will be played at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, starting March 15.
- All the 20 Indian football clubs playing in the Indian Super League (ISL) and I-League will participate in the Super Cup.
- The winners of the 4 qualifier matches will join the top 6 ISL and I-League clubs in the final phase of the tournament.
Links Related to Current Affairs March 9:
|Current Affairs | 08-March-2018||Current Affairs | 07-March-2018|
|March 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Feb 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs March 9 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs March 9.