Daily Current Affairs May 1
Check the Latest Current National News provided below Current Affairs May 1.
Maharashtra to get the new airport in Sindhudurg.
- Maharashtra State will get the new airport at ParuleChipi in sindhudurg district.
- Space will be active by September 2018.
- The construction has been started under the aegis of Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) by IRB Sindhudurg Airport Pvt. Ltd.
- The estimated cost of the construction is Rs 520 crore.
- Airport will be 2500-meter long and can handle 200 departing and 200 arriving passengers during peak hours.
15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas to be held in Varanasi.
- The 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas takes place in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh from 21st to 23rd January 2019.
- It will be inaugurated by the Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi and his Mauritian counterpart Pravind Jugnauth.
- The event will be organized by the Union Minister of External Affairs in association with UP State Govt.
ISA created ecosystems for the startups in Solar Innovations.
- International Solar Alliance (ISA) had set up a special task force in March 2018.
- The force will be responsible for creating ecosystems for startups in solar innovations by enabling partnerships, incubation, and access to finance.
- The task force will be managed by the SoftBank Group Corp Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Masayoshi Son.
- Also, it will develop an overall innovation strategy to develop innovation in the areas such as technologies, finance, and applications.
MoS, Ranjan Gohain and Chhattisgarh CM, Raman Singh flagged off Antyodaya Express.
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister, Raman Singh and Union Minister of State for Railways, Ranjan Gohain flagged off Antyodaya Express on May 1, 2018.
- It started its service from Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
- The train features modern coaches, mobile charging facilities, LED lights, RO Drinking Water, bio-toilets, etc.
Read the Latest International Current Affairs May 1 Updates around the world.
International Labor Day celebrated around the world on 1st May.
- International Labor Day, also known as International Worker’s Day celebrated around the world.
- Every year it is celebrated to encourage and promote the international labor associations.
- May 1, marks the victory of workers’ movement for 8-hours of work.
- Also, it is celebrated to pay tribute to the workers’ sacrifices to achieve social and economic rights all over the world.
Awards and Recognitions Updates
Legendary Singer, Asha Bhosle awarded by the Lifetime 26th P C Chandra Puraskar 2018.
- Asha Bhosle received the P.C.Chandra Puraskaar 2018 on the occasion of celebrating their 26th year of honoring excellence.
- Actress Sharmila Tagore was the Chief Guest of the event.
- She presented the award to Asha Bhosle.
- Also, P. C. Chandra Puraskaar honors people from various fields who have achieved great heights.
Appointment and Resigns Affairs
IIS officer Sitanshu Ranjan Kar takes over as PIB DG.
- Indian Information Services Officer (IIS), Sitanshu Ranjan Kar appointed as the Director General of Press Information Bureau (PIB).
- He served at key positions in various media units of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting such as Doordarshan and All India Radio (AIR).
- He will replace former PIB Director-General Frank Noronha, who is set to retire in 2018.
Uday Kotak redesignated as CEO & MD.
- The board of directors of Kotak Mahindra Bank has decided to redesignate Uday Kotak as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer.
- Earlier, he was the Executive Vice Chairman and Managing Director of Kotak Mahindra Bank.
Go through the following Latest Updates of 1st May Current Affairs on Sports.
ISSF World Cup Stage 2 – Overview.
- ISSF World Cup Stage – 2 held at the Changwon International Shooting Range in Changwon, South Korea on 20th to 30th April 2018.
- China got seven medals: four golds, two silvers, and one bronze.
- From India, Shahriz Rizvi won India’s first medal at the ISSF World Cup Stage 2.
- He shot 49 out of 50.
Lewis Hamilton has won the Azarbaijan Grand Prix.
- Lewis Hamilton has won the Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2018 in Baku, Azerbaijan.
- Kimi Raikkonen of Ferrari came second while Sergio Perez of Force India came third.
- In 2017, Azerbaijan Grand Prix takes place for the first time.
IBFF is conducting 3rd Edition of National Blind Football Tournament.
- The Indian Blind Football Federation (IBFF) is conducting the third edition of All India Invitational Blind Football Tournament in Kochi, Kerala.
- Over 100 players from all over India participated in the tournament.
- The tournament was from 27th April to 29th April 2018 at the Alwaye Blind School Grounds.
- On 30th April 2018, semi-finals and finals take place at the Jogo grounds.
Ashok Mitra, Eminent economist, and former West Bengal Finance Minister died.
- Former Finance Minister of West Bengal, Ashok Mitra died.
- He was suffering from the respiratory problems, in Kolkata.
- He was 90 years old.
- Some of his books are Calcutta Diary, A Prattler’s Tale, From the Ramparts, etc.
- Ashok Mitra was the Finance minister of West Bengal from 1977 to 1987.
Former AIFF President P P Lakshaman passes away.
- All India Football Federation Secretary PP Lakshmanan died.
- He was suffering from a long-term illness in Kannur, Kerala.
- He was 83 years old.
- PP Lakshmanan has served as the Secretary of AIFF from 1988 to 1996.
- Also, he was Executive Committee Member of the Indian Olympic Association for 5 years.
Links Related to Current Affairs May 1:
|Current Affairs | 30-April-2018||Current Affairs | 29-April-2018|
|April 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF March 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates wishing for the Government Jobs can read the complete details regarding Current Affairs from above links. To crack any Government Jobs, applicants need to read the Latest Current News and also have to attempt GK Quiz to strengthen their General Knowledge. Practicing daily quiz can help them to crack any competitive exams. Make use of our Current Affairs May 1 and current affairs India 2018 to score good marks in the exams. Aspirants can also download the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available here for free download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will help all the job seekers to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of the following Current Affairs May 1.