Daily Current Affairs May 13
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs May 13
Pradhan, UAE minister flag off the first consignment of ADNOC crude for India.
- Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and UAE Minister of State & Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) Group CEO Dr Sultan Al Jaber flagged off the first consignment of 2 million barrels of ADNOC crude for India.
- In February 2018, during Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to UAE, an agreement was signed between Indian Strategic Petroleum Reserves Ltd (ISPRL) and ADNOC of UAE.
- As per the ISPR-ADNOC agreement, ADNOC can sell part of the crude oil stored, to Indian refineries on a commercial basis and a certain portion of the storage will be for exclusive use of the Indian government.
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting to establish a dedicated web portal for the promotion of Audio Visual Services in India.
- The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting will set up a dedicated web portal for spreading information on filming locations facilities available in India.
- The portal will be of great help to production companies looking to shoot in India to obtain permissions and explore locations in India.
- It will aid in acceptance of the application for shooting feature films, TV and web reality shows, along with the online payments.
Shri J P Nadda holds a high-level review meeting on Vector Borne diseases in Delhi.
- JP Nadda, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare chaired a high-level meeting to review the preparedness of various agencies for prevention and management of vector-borne diseases, in New Delhi.
- JP Nadda says the agencies to develop a separate registry for cases originating and taking place in Delhi.
- He highlighted the importance of conducting focused and intensive IEC (Information, Education & Communication) campaigns and continuing them through the monsoon season.
Govt set to expand Buddhist tourism circuit to 21 more states.
- In a bid to attract more Buddhist tourists from across the world, Central Government has decided to expand Buddhist tourism circuit to 21 more states.
- Buddhist Circuit is among the thirteen thematic circuits under central Government’s Swadesh Darshan Scheme.
- As per the earlier plan, it comprised only seven major Buddhist pilgrimage sites in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
Army Chief General Bipin Rawat reached Colombo today on a 5-day visit to Sri Lanka.
- On 13th May 2018, Chief of Army Staff General of India, Bipin Rawat arrived at Colombo on a five-day visit to Sri Lanka.
- As a part of his visit, Bipin Rawat will meet the Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena and Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe.
- He will also conduct a meeting with the military heads of Sri Lanka. Issues of mutual interest and ways to strengthen military cooperation.
Latest International Current Affairs May 13 Updates from around the globe.
The U.S. cancels carbon monitoring project.
- A NASA programme that cost $10 million per year to track carbon and methane, key greenhouse gases that contribute to global warming, has been cancelled.
- The end of the programme is called the Carbon Monitoring System (CMS), which tracked sources and sinks for carbon.
- It made high-resolution models of the planet’s flows of carbon was first reported by the journal Science.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs May 13 updates by reading the news.
Fino Payments Bank launches digital suite.
- In a bid to expand its footprint in the digital banking and payments space, Fino Payments Bank has launched a digital services suite.
- The suite includes BPay app, which took launch in September 2017 for digital transition of customers from assisted to self-service mode.
- The suite also includes net banking facility, a Digi Savings Account which can be opened online only by providing Aadhaar number and PAN card.
RBI restricts Dena Bank from taking fresh credit exposure and Hiring.
- Dena Bank has announced that Reserve Bank of India has restricted it from taking fresh credit exposure and recruiting new staff.
- It is to be noted that RBI initiated prompt corrective action against Dena Bank and imposed certain restrictions in May 2017.
- In addition to this, for the financial year 2017-18, Dena Bank recorded a net loss of Rs 1924 crore marking a third consecutive year of net loss.
India and Peru Signs an Agreement in Field of Renewable Energy at Lima.
- India and Peru signed an agreement in the field of Renewable Energy at Lima, Peru.
- The pact was signed in the presence of Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu and the Prime Minister Cesar Villanueva Arevalo.
Punjab signs MoU with the UK for setting up biogas, bio CNG plants.
- The Punjab government signed a pact with the UK for setting up of biogas and bio-CNG plants in the state.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed in the presence of Punjab Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal and Andrew Ayre, deputy high commissioner,
- The MoU is signed to find sustainable solutions to paddy straw burning, which has become a major environmental concern.
- MoU has been signed with Rika Biofuels Development Ltd UK by Punjab Bureau of Industrial Promotion (PBIP) and Punjab Energy Development Agency (PEDA).
Pawan Kumar Agarwal gets the extension as CEO FSSAI.
- Pawan Kumar Agarwal was given three months extension as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
- He takes the appointment as the CEO of the FSSAI in December 2015.
Singer Mohit Chauhan roped in as Green Ambassador of Sikkim.
- The Sikkim government nominates Bollywood singer Mohit Chauhan as the Green Ambassador of the state.
- The state government had earlier this year roped in AR Rahman as its ambassador to promote tourism in Sikkim.
Lata Mangeshkar conferred with Swara Mauli award.
- On 12th May 2018, singer Lata Mangeshkar has presented the Swara Mouli title by spiritual guru Vidya Narasimha Bharati Swami.
- Lata Mangeshkar is 88 years old. She received the Bharat Ratna award in 2001. She has also received the Dadasaheb Phalke Award.
- Her sisters Asha Bhosle and Usha Mangeshkar and brother Hridaynath Mangeshkar were also present at the occasion.
Current Affairs May 13 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Indian U-16 football team wins the title in Serbia, beats Tajikistan in final.
- The Indian U-16 football team became champions at the Four-Nation Tournament took place in Serbia after they defeated Tajikistan 4-2 in the finals.
- The four-nation tournament took place between India, Serbia, Tajikistan and Jordan.
Liverpool’s Salah wins EPL Player of the Season award.
- Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah won the Premier League’s Player of the Season award on the day he set a record for most goals in a 38-game season.
- The 25-year-old Egypt international scored his 32nd goal of the campaign in the 4-0 win over Brighton at Anfield.
- Salah beat the record he was sharing with Alan Shearer, Cristiano Ronaldo and Luis Suarez.
- He also won the PFA Player of the Year and Football Writers’ Association Footballer of the Year awards.
Links Related to Current Affairs May 13:
|Current Affairs | 12-May-2018||Current Affairs | 11-May-2018|
|May 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF April 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs May 13 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs May 13.