Daily Current Affairs May 15
|This Day in History|
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs May 15
President Ram Nath Kovind to inaugurate Global Exhibition on Services-2018.
- President Ram Nath Kovind will inaugurate the Global Exhibition on Services-2018 in Mumbai this morning.
- He will also launch 12 champion sectors in services. 25 Indian states and around 100 countries are expected to participate in Global Exhibition on Services.
- He will also visit the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, where he will be attending an exhibition on Department of Atomic Energy technologies and inaugurate DAE facilities in Trombay, Mumbai.
Piyush Goyal To Take Over Finance Ministry, Smriti Irani Moved Out Of I&B.
- In the Cabinet rejig, Piyush Goyal to take additional charge as Finance Minister until Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is under treatment.
- Smriti Irani to handle only the Ministry of Textiles and Rajvardhan Rathore has been given the charge of Information and Broadcasting Ministry.
IIM-Ahmedabad Launches Bharat Inclusive Initiative.
- IIM-Ahmedabad’s Centre for Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship (CIIE) has launched a Bharat Inclusion Initiative to build knowledge and foster innovation.
- CIIE at IIM Ahmedabad helps entrepreneurs turn ideas into viable businesses.
- The initiative will aim at channelizing approximately $25 million over the next 3-4 years towards backing game-changing start-ups, leveraging the ongoing digital transformation in India.
High-Level Committee Approves Central Assistance Of Rs1,161 Crores To 4 States And A UT.
- The Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh chaired a meeting of the High-Level Committee (HLC) in New Delhi.
- The HLC approved assistance of Rs 480.87 crore in respect of the state of Assam.
- The HLC also approved assistance from NDRF amounting to Rs 84.60 crore for the state of Himachal Pradesh, Rs 67.40 crore for the state of Sikkim.
Union Minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore gets independent charge of I&B Ministry.
- In a Cabinet reshuffle, Prime Minister Narendra Modi assigned the Information and Broadcasting portfolio to Col Rajyavardhan Rathore in place of Smriti Irani.
- Earlier, Mr Rathore was Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting.
- Mrs Irani will now only hold the portfolio of Minister of Textiles.
Latest International Current Affairs May 15 Updates from around the globe.
WHO Launches ‘REPLACE’ To Eliminate Trans Fat In Foods By 2023.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has launched a comprehensive plan to eliminate industrially-produced artificial trans fats from the global food supply by 2023.
- WHO calls on governments to use the ‘REPLACE’ action package to eliminate industrially-produced trans-fatty acids from the food supply.
- The global health body estimates that every year, trans fat intake leads to over 5,00,000 deaths worldwide from cardiovascular diseases.
North Korea pledges to dismantle its nuclear site between 23 to 25 May.
- The decision was taken by North Korea citing to dismantle the nuclear site has been welcomed by everyone.
- The North Korean foreign ministry announced that the country will begin dismantling its nuclear test site between May 23rd and 25th.
- The site is located in a northeastern part of the country. Ministry officials say the complete tunnel complex used for nuclear testing will be destroyed.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs May 15 updates by reading the news.
Chinese state-run bank launches the India-dedicated investment fund.
- The fund, named the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) Credit Suisse India Market Fund, will “invest in exchange-traded funds listed on more than 20 exchanges in Europe and the US
- It is China’s first publicly offered fund for investing in India, state-run Global Times reported.
- The fund will invest in the future of the Indian economy and track the distribution of the industrial structure across the Indian market, the report quoted a fund manager as saying.
Foxconn Unit Writes Off Another $40 Million In Snapdeal Investment.
- FIH Mobile, the investment subsidiary of Foxconn Technology Group has written off an additional $40 million of its $200 million bet on Gurgaon-based online marketplace Snapdeal.
- The latest write-down comes about nine months after the Hong Kong-listed unit of the Apple iPhone manufacturer announced that it had undertaken an impairment loss of $160 million.
- FIH Mobile has stated the company had come to the view that its entire $200 million investment in Jasper Infotech, first announced in September 2015, cannot be recovered.
Bharti Airtel Completes Acquisition of Telenor India.
- The government has approved the merger of the local unit of Norway’s Telenor with Bharti Airtel, clearing the last hurdle for the deal to go through.
- The Department of Telecom (DoT) had transferred all licences and liabilities of Telenor India to Bharti Airtel.
- Airtel will begin integrating Telenor India’s operations across seven circles- Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Maharashtra, Gujarat, UP (East), UP (West) and Assam.
Current Affairs May 15 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Heena bags gold in 10m air pistol in Hannover.
- India’s Heena Sidhu bagged a gold medal in the 10m air pistol category of the international shooting competition of Hannover.
- Heena was in a rollicking form in the final where she was tied with France’s Mathilde Lamoille on 239.8 points.
- She won the tie shot to clinch the gold ahead of Mathilde. Shri Nivetha, also from India, settled for a bronze medal with a score of 219.2.
Kevin O’Brien scores Ireland’s first Test hundred.
- Kevin O’Brien scored Ireland’s first Test hundred when he reached three figures against Pakistan.
- A two-off left-arm quick Mohammad Amir saw O’Brien to his hundred in 186 balls, including 10 fours.
- It was the 34-year-old O’Brien’s first century for Ireland since he made the fastest-ever World Cup hundred by any batsman, off 50 balls.
Actor Who Played Lois Lane In Superman Dead At 69.
- The actor Margot Kidder, best known for playing Lois Lane in the Superman films in the 1970s and 1980s, has died at the age of 69, a funeral home in Montana, US.
- Canadian-born Kidder also appeared in the movie The Great Waldo Pepper and the 2014 children’s TV series R.L. Stine’s The Haunting Hour, for which she won an Emmy award.
Renowned physicist Dr E C G Sudarshan passes away at 86.
- Ennackal Chandy George Sudarshan, the professor at the Texas University and acclaimed scientist, passed away in Texas.
- The renowned physicist E C G Sudarshan, who proved Albert Einstein wrong, was recommended for the Nobel Prize nine times but never awarded.
- The 86-year-old physicist was born in Kottayam on September 16, 1931.
Links Related to Current Affairs May 15:
|Current Affairs | 14-May-2018||Current Affairs | 13-May-2018|
|May 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF April 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs May 15 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs May 15.