Daily Current Affairs May 19
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs May 19
PM Modi to visit Kashmir today, set to launch several projects.
- PM Narendra Modi will be on a day-long visit to Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday, covering all three regions of Jammu, Srinagar and Ladakh.
- In his Independence Day address last year, the PM had noted that the Kashmir issue could be resolved not by bullets or abuses, but by embracing Kashmiris.
- Prime Minister Modi is scheduled to attend the closing ceremony of the birth centenary celebrations of the 19th Kushok Bakula Rinpoche in Leh.
- At the same event, he will unveil a plaque to mark the commencement of work on the Zoji Latunnel, which will connect Baltal and Minamarg.
Siddaramaiah elected leader of Congress Legislature Party.
- Former Karnataka chief minister Siddaramaiah was on Friday elected as the leader of the Congress Legislature Party.
- “Karnataka Congress Legislature Party met in Hyderabad and unanimously elected Shri Siddaramaiah as the leader of the CLP.
- The newly elected MLAs of Congress and JD(S) are camping at a hotel in Hyderabad fearing alleged poaching attempt by the BJP.
- Polling was held in 222 of the state’s 224 seats, for which results were declared on May 15.
Justice Ramalingam Sudhakar was sworn in as chief justice of Manipur high court.
- The senior most judge from the Madras high court Justice Ramalingam Sudhakar was sworn in as the chief justice of the Manipur high court.
- He was acting as the chief justice of the Jammu and Kashmir high court before his present appointment.
- Manipur governor Jagdish Mukhi administered an oath to Justice Sudhakar in the Durbar Hall of Raj Bhavan in Imphal.
- He was enrolled as an advocate in 1983 and started practice as an associate of senior advocate Habibullah Badsha, the former advocate general of Tamil Nadu.
India-US two-plus-two dialogue likely in early July.
- The much-awaited India-US two-plus-two dialogue is expected to take place in the first week of July.
- The 2017 US federal law has been used to impose sanctions on Iran, North Korea and Russia this January.
- The two-plus-two dialogue was to take place on April 18-19 but was postponed due to the appointment of a new secretary of state by US President Donald Trump.
- India currently purchases nearly 29 million tons of crude from Iran; almost 62% of its military hardware and ammunition comes from Russia.
Trinamool Congress wins all 19 Zilla Parishad, the clean sweep in 10.
- Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress won all the 19 Zilla Parishad in the recently concluded panchayat polls, scripting a clean sweep in 10 of them.
- The state election commission has ordered repoll in two booths in Phulbari gram panchayat in north Bengal.
- TMC secretary-general Partha Chatterjee congratulated the people for supporting them overwhelmingly.
Dutch PM Mark Rutte to visit India on May 24-25.
- Prime Minister of the Netherlands Mark Rutte will visit India on May 24 and 25.
- With an aim to boost economic and political cooperation between the two countries.
- Rutte’s visit comes within a year of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the European nation.
- It will be Rutte’s second visit to India since June 2015 but the first after being re-elected Prime Minister in 2017.
Latest International Current Affairs May 19 Updates from around the globe.
China’s first home-built aircraft carrier completes maiden sea trial.
- China’s first indigenously-built aircraft carrier on Friday successfully completed its maiden sea trial and returned to its home port in Dalian.
- It is a major step in the country’s quest to modernise its military and bolster its naval presence in the disputed South China Sea and in the Indian Ocean.
- China currently has two aircraft carriers. The first aircraft carrier named Liaoning, which took launch in 2012.
- The completely home-grown aircraft carrier, named Type 001A for now, weighs 50,000 metric tonnes.
SpaceX CEO Elon Musk plans 240-km per hour city travel at just $1.
- SpaceX and The Boring Company CEO Elon Musk has for the first time revealed his concept for a personalised mass transit system.
- It will carry 16 people and travel at 240 km per hour for a fare of just $1.
- Musk, however, did not provide a timeline for his project that could get people from downtown to Los Angeles International Airport in eight minutes in a vacuum tube.
- These tunnels were not yet part of his cross-country “Hyperloop” system.
- Which would ferry people in tubes travelling at airline speeds at a much lower cost.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs May 19 updates by reading the news.
Boost launched in 180ml Tetra Pak.
- GSK Consumer Healthcare India has announced the launch of Boost in a 180ml Tetra Pak.
- Starting with Tamil Nadu this summer, the energy drink will take launch in other states progressively. Priced at Rs 30, the drink would target kids and adults alike.
- He added that Tamil Nadu is one of the top growth markets, registering a double-digit growth. The new format would be available in multi-brand retail outlets.
LG Electronics completes 21 years of operations in India.
- LG Electronics India on Friday launched a new campaign, themed Celebrating TheNew, on the occasion of its 21st-anniversary celebrations.
- It added that it released a video of a father and daughter depicting their journey with a motive of persuading one’s dreams.
- The emotionally charged campaign is a true reflection of LG’s brand philosophy of making our customers’ dreams come true.
JSW Steel closes Aferpi acquisition.
- JSW Steel subsidiary JSW Steel Italy has entered into a sale and purchase agreement on with Cevitaly a wholly-owned subsidiary of Algerian company Cevital.
- FE had reported on March 1, 2018, that JSW Steel was in the final lap for acquiring Italian steelmaker Aferpi.
- JSW said the transaction provides an opportunity for the company to establish its presence in Italy.
- With access to the European speciality steel long products market.
- The possible acquisition of the Italian steelmaker comes at a time when JSW Steel is eyeing the purchase of few steel assets back home as well.
eSIMs in India get go-ahead from DoT.
- Mobile users will not need to buy a new SIM while changing service provider or buying a new connection, according to new guidelines issued by the Department of Telecom.
- The guidelines is issued five days after Reliance Jio and Bharti Airtel started selling Apple Watch Series 3 which has eSIM service.
- Users of Apple Watch Series 3 can connect their eSIM with SIM in their mobile.
- They can use the service that is being provided on their mobile phone by Jio or Airtel on their smartwatch.
Current Affairs May 19 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Sharapova in Italian Open semi-finals after epic Ostapenko win.
- Maria Sharapova won a battle of French Open champions, taking more than three hours to get past Jelena Ostapenko 6-7 (6/8), 6-4, 7-5 on Friday.
- For Sharapova, now the world number 40, it was arguably her best victory since her return from a 15-month doping ban last year.
- Sharapova rode a roller-coaster in her marathon win, working her way from 4-1 down in the first set only to drop it in a tiebreaker after 80 minutes.
Sunil Chhetri bags double honour at BFC Awards night.
- Sunil Chhetri as he was named Bengaluru FC’s top scorer for the fifth season in a row beside bagging the Players’ Player of The Year award at the club’s Annual Awards.
- Chhetri claimed the top scorer award with 24 goals across three competitions, ahead of teammate Miku, who had 20 against his name.
- Jindal also expressed sadness over coach Albert Roca’s decision to end his stint with Bengaluru FC.
Former India star Madan Lal to contest DDCA elections.
- Former India all-rounder Madan Lal is expected to contest for one of the three major posts during the upcoming Delhi & Districts Cricket Association (DDCA) election on June 30.
- It is learnt that the Lal will be contesting for either President, Vice-president or Director’s post in the upcoming election.
- It is learnt that Lal would have the backing of the group, which is being supported by BCCI’s acting president CK Khanna.
Paul Lambert leaves Stoke City after Premier League relegation.
- Manager Paul Lambert has left Stoke City by mutual consent after they relegated from the Premier League, the club made the announcement on Friday.
- The 48-year-old took over from Mark Hughes in January on a two-and-a-half year contract, with the club 18th in the league.
- Results, however, failed to improve as Stoke won just two of his 15 matches in charge to finish second-bottom in the league with 33 points.
Carlos Carvalhal leaves Swansea after Premier League relegation.
- Swansea City manager Carlos Carvalhal left after they relegated from the Premier League.
- The 52-year-old’s contract expired at the end of the campaign and Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins said the club.
- Swansea is now looking to appoint their fifth permanent manager in two years.
Links Related to Current Affairs May 19:
|Current Affairs | 18-May-2018||Current Affairs | 17-May-2018|
|May 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF April 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs May 19 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs May 19.