Daily Current Affairs May 2
Check the Latest Current National News provided below Current Affairs May 2.
In New Delhi, the 9th India- Japan Energy Dialogue takes place.
- The 9th India Japan Energy Dialogue was held in New Delhi.
- A Joint Statement is signed at the conclusion of the meeting.
- R. K. Singh, Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy and Hiroshige Seko, Minister of Economy, Trade, and Industry (METI) has signed the joint statement.
- Both the countries will work for energy security, climate change, and energy access issues.
Swachh Bharat Mission launches a scheme called Gobar-Dhan Scheme.
- Uma Bharti, Union Minister for Drinking Water and Sanitation has launched Gobar-Dhan Scheme at the National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI) Auditorium, Karnal, Haryana.
- The GOBAR stands for Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources.
- The Chief Minister of Haryana, Manohar Lal Khattar was also present during the scheme launch.
- The motive of the scheme is to positively impact village cleanliness and generate wealth and energy from cattle and organic waste.
- It will also provide new rural livelihood opportunities and enhance income for farmers and other rural people.
HM Rajnath Singh inaugurates the 19th ‘Navoli Jyotirdinam’ Celebrations.
- Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister inaugurated the 19th Navoli Jyotirdinam celebrations at ‘Shantigiri Ashram’ in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- The celebration starts from 1st May 2018 and will last till 6th May 2018, commemorating the departure of Shantigiri Ashram founder Navajyothisree Karunakara Guru on 6th May 1999.
- Union Home Minister, Rajnath Singh also met Khalid bin Abdullah Al Khalifa, Deputy Prime Minister of Bahrain.
Read the Latest International Current Affairs May 2 Updates around the world.
Harimau Shakti 2018: India and Malaysia Joint Military Exercise begins.
- The Harimau Shakti 2018 Exercise between the Indian Army and the Malaysian Army commenced on 30 April to 13 May 2018 at Wardieburn Camp, Kuala Lumpur.
- Lt Col Irwan Ibrahim, Commanding Officer of 1st Royal Ranger Regiment of Malaysian Army welcomed the Indian Contingent and wished the Army troops for their successful and mutually beneficial joint exercise
India, Pak to join SCO’s Counter-Terror Exercise.
- India and Pakistan will be part of a multi-nation counter-terror exercise in Russia under the framework of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation.
- For the first time, the two neighboring countries will be coming together for counter-terrorism exercise.
- The military drill will be held in the Ural mountains of Russia and almost all SCO member countries — China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and the new members India and Pakistan — will be part of it.
Business and Finance News
Read the Lastest Business and Finance Current Affairs May 2 updates by reading the news.
Telecom Commission approves the Data & Voice Services in flights.
- The Telecom Commission has approved a proposal to allow phone calls and internet services in domestic and international flights in India.
- Creation of an ombudsman to deal with telecom grievances proposal also go approved as per the telecom secretary Aruna Sundararajan.
- Mobile calling service would be permitted above 3,000m in Indian airspace and the service should be through an Indian satellite.
Appointment and Resigns Affairs
Jan Koum, CEO of WhatsApp quits Facebook.
- The Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of WhatsApp have announced his resignation from the parent company Facebook.
- The resignation is due to the disagreements over data privacy and weakening encryption.
- He will also step down from Facebook’s Board of Directors.
Hockey India appoints Harendra Singh as chief coach of men’s team.
- Hockey India has appointed Harendra Singh as coach of India’s men’s team.
- The decision to change coaches comes on the backdrop of men’s hockey team having a disappointing run at the recently-concluded Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast.
Science and Technology Updates
Current Affairs May 2 is bringing you with the Latest Science and Technology News.
NASA to launch their first mission to study the deep interior of Mars.
- NASA is all set to launch their first-ever mission InSight (Interior Exploration using Seismic Investigations, Geodesy and Heat Transport) to study the deep interior of Mars on May 5, 2018.
- It will launch from Space Launch Complex-3 at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California aboard United Launch Alliance (ULA) Atlas V rocket.
- With this launch, they will launch the two mini-spacecraft called Mars Cube One (MarCO), which a technology experiment of NASA.
Shahzar Rizvi, Indian Shooter becomes the World No 1 in 10m Air Pistol.
- Indian Shooter, Shahzar Rizvi became the world no 1 shooter in the 10-meter Air Pistol Category.
- He won a silver medal at the recently concluded shooting World Cup in South Korea.
At Satellite Fencing Championship, India’s CA Bhavani Devi wins Silver.
- India’s CA Bhavani Devi won a silver medal in the sabre event of the Tournoi World Cup Satellite Fencing Championship in Reykjavik, Iceland.
Links Related to Current Affairs May 2:
|Current Affairs | 1-May-2018||Current Affairs | 30-April-2018|
|April 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF March 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates wishing for the Government Jobs can read the complete details regarding Current Affairs from above links. To crack any Government Jobs, applicants need to read the Latest Current News and also have to attempt GK Quiz to strengthen their General Knowledge. Practicing daily quiz can help them to crack any competitive exams. Make use of our Current Affairs May 2 and current affairs India 2018 to score good marks in the exams. Aspirants can also download the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available here for free download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will help all the job seekers to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of the following Current Affairs May 2.