Daily Current Affairs May 22
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs May 22
PM-Putin meet elevates ties to ‘spl privileged strategic partnership’.
- Bilateral and global issues jostled for space during an informal summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- The concept of “Indo-Pacific” is something pushed by US, India and the “quad” countries, but not China, currently Russia’s closest partner.
- In his welcome remarks, Putin said a lot of momentum had been added to the bilateral relationship and placed it firmly in the strategic/defence sphere.
Kudankulam-3 generator to be ready in 3 months.
- The ‘lifeline’ of the third unit of the Kudankulam nuclear power plant in Tamil Nadu a 360-tonne giant steam generator is expected to be ready in another three months.
- This would mean that equipment supply for Kudankulam-3 would start well before the 2018-end deadline.
- Three more such steam generators will be assembled for the third unit of India’s biggest nuclear power plant.
Google doodle dedicates Raja Ram Mohan Roy on his 246th birth anniversary.
- Internet search giant Google on Tuesday dedicated its doodle to Raja Ram Mohan Roy on his 246th birth anniversary.
- Raja Ram Mohan Roy was born into a Bengali Brahmin family in West Bengal on May 22, 1772.
- He is a UX Designer, and Illustrator based out of Toronto, Canada.
1st oil ship from UAE docks at Mangaluru.
- The first shipload of crude sent by ADNOC (Abu Dhabi National Oil Company) for storing in the Mangaluru underground storage facility arrived on Monday.
- Vessel ‘MT Inspiration’ carrying two million barrels of crude docked at the Mangaluru port after sailing for a week, the oil ministry.
- ADNOC had in February signed a deal with Indian Strategic Petroleum Reserve Ltd to lease storage capacity for six million barrels of crude at the Mangaluru facility.
- The storage puts on tap oil stock for India, enhancing energy security in times of emergency.
Kumaraswamy to take oath as Karnataka chief minister at 4.30pm.
- JD(S) leader HD Kumaraswamy will take oath as chief minister of Karnataka on May 23 at 4.30pm on the steps of the Vidhana Soudha, the state secretariat.
- Governor Vajubhai Vala will administer the oath of office and secrecy to Kumaraswamy, a government.
- Kumaraswamy will visit Dharmashala and Sringeri tomorrow to seek the blessings of Lord Manjunath, Sringeri Sharada Devi and the present Shankaracharya Sri Bharati Teertha.
INSV Tarini with all-women crew completes historic circumnavigation.
- Indian Naval Sailing Vessel Tarini (INSV Tarini) entered Goa harbour and came alongside the INS Mandovi jetty on completion of a historic global circumnavigation voyage on 21 May 18.
- The all-women crew of Tarini was received at the jetty by defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman who had also flagged them off on 10 September last year.
- This is the first-ever Indian circumnavigation of the globe by an all-women crew.
Latest International Current Affairs May 22 Updates from around the globe.
Pakistan general election proposed on July 25-27.
- Pakistan’s Election Commission on Monday recommended holding the general election in the country between July 25 and 27.
- The announcement came just days before the term of the PML-N government is set to expire on May 31.
- The process to select a caretaker set up was on with Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi holding talks with Leader of Opposition Khurshid Shah.
First experimental vaccines for Ebola given in Congo as WHO seeks to beat outbreak.
- A vaccination campaign aimed at beating an outbreak of Ebola in Congo began on Monday in the port city of Mbandaka, where four cases of the deadly disease have been confirmed.
- When a new Ebola case is diagnosed, all people who might have been in recent contact with the patient are traced and vaccinated to keep the disease from spreading.
- Around 30 Guinean health workers who were directly involved in that 2015 vaccine trial have travelled to Congo and will help with the immunisations there, Salama said.
Gobind Singh Deo is Malaysia’s first Sikh minister.
- Gobind Singh Deo on Monday became the first member of Malaysia’s Sikh minority to take the appointment as a federal minister.
- Deo, who represents Puchong in the Parliament and is the son of late politician Karpal Singh.
- He took sworn in during a ceremony at the National Palace.
- He got the communications and multimedia portfolio, according to reports in the Malaysian media.
The US unveils the list of 12 demands for Iran deal.
- The Trump administration on Monday announced a list of 12 demands for inclusion in a nuclear treaty with Iran.
- The new demands, laid out by the secretary of state Mike Pompeo, marked a fundamental departure from the 2015 Join Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
- To allies who signed the JCPOA, he said, “I know our allies in Europe may try to keep the old nuclear deal going with Tehran.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs May 22 updates by reading the news.
Indiabulls arm to go for Rs 624cr buyback.
- Indiabulls Real Estate said that its board has approved an Rs 624-crore buyback for nearly 5.5% of its equity shares at a price of up to Rs 240 per share.
- The main objective of the buyback is to optimise returns to shareholders without compromising on the high growth opportunities available to the company.
- The proposed buyback will make the balance sheet of the company leaner by the reduction in the overall capital employed in its business.
Google could face $4.3 billion claims in UK iPhone privacy case.
- iPhone users suing Google over data-collection claims may be seeking as much as 3.2 billion pounds ($4.29 billion).
- The group representing iPhone users, known as Google You Owe Us, now includes 4.4 million people.
- The group says the Alphabet Inc. unit unlawfully collected people’s personal information by bypassing Apple Inc.’s iPhone default privacy settings.
Current Affairs May 22 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Morata misses out on Spain World Cup squad.
- Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata was left out of Spain’s World Cup squad, announced on Monday.
- Morata paid the price for a disappointing debut season in the Premier League.
- Two more Chelsea players also missed out as Marcos Alonso and Cesc Fabregas were not included in the 23-man group.
- Morata’s absence was the stand-out decision, however, even if it was not an entirely surprising one given the 25-year-old’s dramatic dip in form.
Inter striker Icardi left out of Argentina World Cup squad.
- Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi, the joint-leading scorer in Italy this season, was a notable omission from Argentina’s 23-man World Cup squad.
- Icardi scored his 29th Serie A goal of the season on Sunday as Inter pipped Lazio to a Champions League place.
- The 25-year-old made his Argentina debut in October 2013 but spent four years in international exile.
Iran announces World Cup squad without the Belgium-based striker.
- Iran announced its 24-man squad for the 2018 World Cup late Sunday, surprisingly omitting striker Kaveh Rezaei.
- The biggest shock was the decision not to take Rezaei as Belgium’s Charleroi, scoring 16 goals in 39 games.
- Iran does not recognise the Jewish state and bars its athletes from appearing against Israelis.
Iraq to host first international football tournament.
- Iraq is to host a West Asia Football Federation championship in the southern city of Basra in November.
- It is the first international tournament to take place in the country.
- For years, Iraq has been busily building and upgrading stadiums and campaigning for its return to the international fold.
- Iraq has not played competitive internationals on home turf since its 1990 invasion of Kuwait.
Deepak Neogi the Reliance veteran passes away.
- Deepak Neogi, a journalist-turned-corporate communications professional who was with the Anil Ambani-controlled Reliance Group, passed away.
- He was 63 years old. Neogi began his career as a journalist in Nagpur, before moving to Mumbai in the late ’70s to work.
- Neogi is a troubleshooter for Reliance, a man for all seasons and reasons.
Senior writer Yaddanapudi Sulochana Rani no more.
- Writer Yaddanapudi Sulochana Rani, whose novels are adapted into movies, passed away in California of United States at an age of 78.
- She has written more than 60 novels, and her novel Meena was adapted by Trivikram Srinivas for his film A Aa.
- Sulochana Rani was an extremely popular writer during the 70’s and 80’s with her novels which emphasised on a human to human relations.
Links Related to Current Affairs May 22:
|Current Affairs | 21-May-2018||Current Affairs | 20-May-2018|
|May 2218 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF April 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs May 22 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs May 22.