Daily Current Affairs May 26
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs May 26
Govt okays Rs 5,000 crore for 1,000 institutions to boost higher education.
- In a major step towards improving quality of higher education and its expansion, the Centre on Friday approved Rs 5,000 crore to support 1012 higher educational institutions.
- The amount (Rs 4,889 crore) was approved by Project Approval Board (PAB) of Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) under the HRD ministry.
- A grant of Rs 100 crore has been approved for Utkal University. Six new model degree colleges have been approved in six districts of Odisha at Rs 12 crore each.
BJP to launch 15-day programme to mark the fourth anniversary of Narendra Modi government.
- The BJP will launch a fortnight-long programme to mark the fourth anniversary of the Modi government.
- The programme will start on May 27, in which all ministers – both from the Centre and BJP-ruled states, MPs, MLAs, mayors.
- It will also include a special contact drive in SC and ST localities and also with senior citizens, he said.
New governors appointed for Odisha, Mizoram.
- Ganeshi Lal and Kummanam Rajasekharanwere today appointed as Governors of Odisha and Mizoram respectively.
- According to a Rashtrapati Bhavan communique, Prof. Ganesh Lal will take over as the new governor of Odisha, a post which had fallen vacant in March this year.
- In his second order, the President appointed Kerala BJP chief Kummanam Rajasekharan as the Governor of Mizoram.
- He will be replacing Lt. General (Retd.) Nirbhay Sharma, who is completing his tenure on May 28, 2018.
In Telangana, govt plans Rs 5 lakh life cover for farmers.
- The Telangana government on Friday said it is working on a scheme to provide life insurance of up to Rs 5 lakh per farmer in the state.
- The state government plans to pay the entire premium every year on August 1.
- Every year on August 1, the total premium amount will be credited to LIC, the implementing agency, he added.
PM Modi to travel in open Jeep, to inaugurate eastern peripheral expressway.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will travel in an open jeep on the Delhi-Meerut Expressway on Sunday and also inaugurate India’s first smart and green highway.
- The Eastern Peripheral Expressway (EPE), built at a cost of Rs. 11,000 crore, Union Minister Nitin Gadkari said.
- There are 8 solar power plants on this expressway having a capacity of 4000-kilowatt (4 MW).
- The foundation stone of the greenfield project was laid by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on November 5, 2015.
Latest International Current Affairs May 26 Updates from around the globe.
Donald Trump to sign measures to help terminal patients, veterans.
- The White House says President Donald Trump intends to sign legislation next week to help people with deadly diseases try experimental treatments.
- Legislative director Marc Short says Trump will also soon sign a bill giving veterans greater access to private medical care at taxpayer expense.
- Short held a conference call on Friday to highlight aspects of Trump’s legislative agenda that are moving forward.
China aircraft carrier pilots complete first night missions.
- Chinese navy pilots aboard the country’s sole operating aircraft carrier have completed their first nighttime takeoffs and landings.
- The missions is hailed by state media on Friday as a major step forward in the combat ability of the Liaoning.
- China’s said this month its second carrier, the first built entirely in China, had completed five days of sea trials.
Iran seeks assurances on the nuclear deal after US pullout.
- Iran will pull out of a landmark deal to stop the country from developing nuclear weapons unless it receives concrete guarantees that the economic incentives.
- It called an urgent meeting Friday in Vienna of the so-called Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action Joint Commission, or JCPOA.
- The Iranian official said that for his country to stay in the deal, the relief granted would have to be guaranteed by the other parties involved.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs May 26 updates by reading the news.
TaMo first Tata flagship entity to offer ESOPs.
- For the first time in the 150-year history of the Tata Group, employees will be made co-owners of its flagship entity.
- The $45-billion Tata Motors plans to hand over a little less than half a percent of its equity to employees through a stock options plan.
- With this move, the auto major leaves behind the group’s other big revenue generators like the $20-billion Tata Steel and the $19-billion TCS.
TCS 1st Indian co to cross Rs 7L-cr m-cap.
- Software services major Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) on Friday became the first Indian company to achieve a market valuation of Rs 7 lakh crore in intraday trades.
- TCS had become the first Indian company to reach the $100-billion market cap mark.
- So far, the flagship from the Tata Group remains the only Indian company to achieve these two milestones.
ONGC awards tender to sell Brazil’s Ostra oil to Shell.
- India’s top explorer Oil and Natural Gas Corp has awarded its first mini-term tender to sell Brazil’s heavy crude oil Ostra in June-November to Shell.
- ONGC Videsh, the overseas investment arm of ONGC, owns a 27% stake in Brazil’s BC-10 block, and would sell its entire Ostra crude entitlement from the block over the period of the contract.
- In the tender, ONGC offered to sell 750,000 barrels for lifting in June, but it specified no quantities for the remaining months of the period.
The world’s most profitable banks can be found in India.
- India’s economic and credit slowdown is revealing the strengths and weaknesses of its banking sector.
- Roiled by unprecedented frauds and surging bad debt, the nation’s state-run banks have returned the least to investors this year.
- However, investors’ belief in the potential of Asia’s No. 3 economy shows in the fact that its newest lenders offer the best returns.
Current Affairs May 26 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Rashid is world’s best spinner in T20, says Tendulkar.
- Batting legend Sachin Tendulkar on Friday heaped praise on Afghanistantweaker Rashid Khan, describing him as the best spinner in the Twenty20 format.
- The 19-year-old took 20 wickets in 16 matches, including a three for 19 against Kolkata Knight Riders as Sunrisers Hyderabad won the contest by 13 runs.
- He also blasted a 10-ball 34 in the final overs to help Sunrisers post 174/7.
Manavjit Singh Sandhu included in TOP Scheme, Ajay Jayaram dropped.
- Veteran trap shooter Manavjit Singh Sandhu is among five new athletes who got the place in the union sports ministry’s Target Olympic Podium (TOP) Scheme on Friday.
- The decision was taken by the Mission Olympic Cell (MOC), which dropped four athletes (three shooters and a badminton player).
- Sandhu failed to qualify for the final at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games in April but is part of the August 18-September 2 Asian Games squad.
Carlo Ancelotti moves to Napoli gives Serie A much-needed shake-up.
- Appearing on one of Italy’s many soccer roundtable programmes on Monday, Padovan said he would complete the 657 kilometres from Milan to Naples on foot.
- Padovan was not the only one caught out this week when Ancelotti accepted the offer from Napoli’s film producer turned football club president Aurelio De Laurentiis.
- The seventh coach of the De Laurentiis era, he always seemed comfortable at big clubs with spending power and where major titles were pretty much guaranteed.
Southampton boss Mark Hughes signs the new three-year deal.
- Southampton manager Mark Hughes has signed a new three-year contract after keeping them in the Premier League last season.
- The 54-year-old Welshman arrived at his former team in March on a short-term deal until the end of the campaign.
- Southampton said assistant first team manager Mark Bowen and first team Coach Eddie Niedzwiecki had also signed new deals.
Links Related to Current Affairs May 26:
|Current Affairs | 25-May-2018||Current Affairs | 24-May-2018|
|May 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF April 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs May 26 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs May 26.