Daily Current Affairs May 27
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs May 27
PM Modi launches Eastern Peripheral Expressway in Baghpat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Kundli-Ghaziabad-Palwal (KGP) expressway, also known as the Eastern Peripheral Expressway (EPE).
- The 135-km EPE is India’s first smart and green highway and is built at a cost of Rs. 11,000 crores.
- It is also the country’s first highway to be lit by solar power and at every 500 metres, the arrangement of rainwater harvesting has been done on both sides of the expressway.
- The Delhi-Meerut expressway stretches from Nizamuddin Bridge in Delhi to Delhi-UP Border.
- The 14-lane highway will reduce the travel time between the two cities to only 45 minutes from the present four to five hours.
E-Way Bill System for Intra-State Goods Movement Comes into Force.
- E-Way Bill system for intra-State movement of goods will be implemented in seven more states and Union Territories from 27th May 2018.
- The States are Maharashtra, Manipur, Chandigarh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu and Lakshadweep.
- As per the decision of the GST Council, e-Way Bill system has been rolled out from 1st of April this year.
Akshay Kumar launches twin pit toilet technology campaign in New Delhi.
- Film actor Akshay Kumar launched the twin pit toilet technology campaign in New Delhi.
- Mr Kumar said, the real challenge in the society is to fight the age-old mentality revolving around sanitation and cleanliness.
- The actor appealed everybody to spread the awareness on the issue and make the cleanliness drive more effective.
PM Modi Launches Survey on NaMo App.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched a survey on the NaMo App, asking people to rate the performance of the government at the Centre and MPs and MLAs in their constituencies.
- He launched the initiative, to mark the completion of four years of the NDA government, which came to power at the Centre in 2014.
15th Finance Commission Constitutes Panel For Health Sector.
- The Fifteenth Finance Commission has constituted a High-Level Group consisting of eminent experts from across the country.
- High-Level Group on Health Sector will have Convenor by Dr Randeep Guleria, Director, AIIMS (New Delhi).
- In the context of ambitious schemes like Ayushman Bharat, it is an important step to understand the needs of the health sector in the country.
Latest International Current Affairs May 27 Updates from around the globe.
Ireland votes for change; legalises abortion.
- Ireland has voted by a landslide to legalise abortion in a stunning outcome that marks a dramatic defeat for the Catholic church’s one-time domination of the Republic.
- The Irish electorate voted by 1,429,981 votes to 723,632 in favour of abolishing a controversial constitutional amendment.
The US in productive talks about reinstating North Korea summit.
- US President Donald Trump very productive talks have been held with North Korea about reinstating the summit with Kim Jong-un.
- In a tweet Mr Trump said, the meeting could still take place on June 12 in Singapore and if necessary will be extended beyond that date.
- But North Korea later said, it was willing to talk to the US at any time in any form. Meanwhile, South Korea has welcomed the renewed prospect of the summit.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs May 27 updates by reading the news.
HDFC Bank will now offer Digital Loans against your mutual funds.
- India’s most valuable lender HDFC Bank has launched Digital Loans against Mutual Funds in partnership with transfer agent CAMS.
- Customers can now pledge mutual fund assets online and get overdraft limit set in their account in, under 3 minutes, the bank claimed.
Current Affairs May 27 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Japan Win Uber Cup to End 37-Year Drought.
- Japan’s women clinched the Uber Cup, breezing by surprise finalists Thailand 3-0 in Bangkok to end a 37-year wait to regain the title.
- With a team stacked with top-ranked players in both the singles and doubles, Japan made light work of the hosts.
- It ends an Uber Cup drought for Japan that stretches back to 1981 and is a major confidence boost ahead of the Olympics which they will host in two years’ time.
Real Madrid Lifts Champions Trophy Defeating Liverpool.
- Real Madrid has lifted Champions Trophy defeating Liverpool 3-1 in Kiev, Ukraine.
- A sensational overhead strike from Real Madrid substitute Gareth Bale and two calamitous errors by Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius gave the Spanish side a third straight Champions League title.
Telugu film personality Madala Ranga Rao dies at 69 in Hyderabad.
- Noted Telugu film personality Madala Ranga Rao, also popularly known as “Red Star” has passed away.
- He acted in and produced several films including hits such as ‘Yuvatharam Kadilindhi’, ‘Yerra Mallelu’, ‘Praja Shakthi’, ‘Swarajyam’, ‘Viplavashankham’ and ‘Mahaprasthanam’.
Alan Bean, 4th Man to Walk on The Moon Died.
- Former US astronaut Alan Bean, who was the fourth man to walk on the Moon, has died in Texas, United States. He was 86.
- Bean went into space twice, the first time in November 1969 as the lunar module pilot on the Apollo 12 moon-landing mission.
Links Related to Current Affairs May 27:
|Current Affairs | 26-May-2018||Current Affairs | 25-May-2018|
|May 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF April 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs May 27 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs May 27.