Daily Current Affairs May 28
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs May 28
Gujarat’s new water recycling policy set to be unveiled.
- The Gujarat government is all set to come out with a new water recycling policy where civic agencies of its big cities.
- Speaking about the plan, state chief minister Vijay Rupani says that not a drop of sewage water (from sewage treatment plant) will be discharged into drains.
- The treated water will instead be used by industries, agriculture, power plants and construction agencies.
India, US, Japan all set for Malabar exercise with China in the crosshairs.
- Indian warships are now steaming towards the Western Pacific to take part in the top-notch Malabar naval exercise with the US and Japan off Guam.
- India will be fielding its stealth frigate INS Sahyadri, missile corvette INS Kamorta and fleet tanker INS Shakti as well as P-8I long-range maritime patrol aircraft.
- The three warships held India’s first naval exercise with Vietnam last week while being on the operational deployment to South East Asia and North West Pacific.
Delhi Metro’s Magenta Line to be inaugurated today.
- The 24.82-km-long Janakpuri West-Kalkaji Mandir stretch of the Delhi Metro’s Magenta Line is all set to be inaugurated today.
- It will bring domestic terminal of the city airport on the DMRC network and cut travel time between Noida and Gurugram by at least 30 minutes.
- Once the stretch is open, it will take the total length of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) network to 277 km.
Sushma Swaraj, Iranian foreign minister to discuss bilateral ties today.
- Mohammad Javad Zarif, Iran’s foreign minister, will hold discussions with his Indian counterpart Sushma Swaraj on Monday.
- The two countries look at the fallout of the United States pulling out of a nuclear deal with Tehran and a fresh round of sanctions against the country.
- Though Zarif’s meeting with Swaraj is at 6:30 pm, he is likely to meet other Indian officials as well.
Sangeeta Bahl, 53, becomes oldest Indian woman to scale Mount Everest.
- Sangeeta Bahl, a 53-year-old former model and entrepreneur from Jammu and Kashmir, has become the oldest Indian woman to conquer Mount Everest.
- Bahl has already conquered six out of the seven highest peaks of the world.
- She broke the record of Premlata Agarwal, 48, who scaled Everest on May 20, 2011.
- This was her second attempt to scale the mountain. She abandoned the first expedition after suffering from high-altitude sickness.
Latest International Current Affairs May 28 Updates from around the globe.
Pakistan’s ex-president Zardari to contest general election.
- Former Pakistan President and Pakistan Peoples Party Co-Chairman Asif Ali Zardari have said he will contest for a National Assembly seat from his native town.
- Nawabshah in the upcoming general elections, making his return to the electoral and parliamentary politics after a gap of 24 years.
- He is elected as Member of National Assembly from Karachi’s area of Lyari in 1990, and from Nawabshah in 1993.
China to host Iranian president Hassan Rouhani amid nuclear deal doubt.
- China will host Iranian President Hassan Rouhani next month at a regional summit in a Chinese coastal city, the country’s foreign ministry said on Monday.
- Rouhani will pay a working visit to China and attend the summit of the China and Russia-led security bloc the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, the ministry said.
- The 2015 agreement between Iran and world powers lifted international sanctions on Tehran.
Qatar bans goods from UAE, Saudi as embargo anniversary approaches.
- Qatar said it was banning products originating from the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Bahrain.
- It is almost a year after those states imposed an embargo on Doha.
- Since last June, some foods and other products from the embargo states have continued to find their way into Qatar through third countries.
US warships sail near South China Sea islands claimed by Beijing.
- Two US Navy warships sailed near South China Sea islands claimed by China on Sunday, two US officials told Reuters.
- It is a move likely to anger Beijing as President Donald Trump seeks its continued cooperation on North Korea.
- The operation was the latest attempt to counter what Washington sees as Beijing’s efforts to limit freedom of navigation in the strategic waters.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs May 28 updates by reading the news.
India launches 2nd IT corridor in China to gain access to big Chinese market.
- India on Sunday launches its second IT corridor in China to cash in on the burgeoning Chinese software market.
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) has established one more Digital Collaborative Opportunities Plaza (SIDCOP) platform in China.
- The pilot projects took launch on the SIDCOP platform would be executed over the next year, a NASSCOM statement said.
Microsoft is building a tool to spot bias in AI algorithms.
- Microsoft is building a tool to automate the identification of bias in a range of different Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithms.
- The Microsoft tool has the potential to help businesses make use of AI without inadvertently discriminating against certain groups of people.
- The issue of bias will become crucial as more customers make use of these algorithms to take important decisions.
Current Affairs May 28 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Rishabh Pant named Emerging Player of IPL 2018.
- Delhi Daredevils wicket-keeper batsman Rishabh Pant was named Emerging Player of IPL 11 after the final on Sunday.
- It was a double delight for Pant, who also received the Stylish Player Award.
- Pant ended as the second highest run-getter in the tournament with 684 runs from 14 games.
- Kiwi Trent Boult got the Perfect Catch award for his stunning one-handed catch of Royal Challengers Bangalore skipper Virat Kohli.
Molinari triumphs in PGA as McIlroy challenge falls flat.
- Italy’s Francesco Molinari won the PGA Championship at Wentworth on Sunday as fellow overnight leader Rory McIlroy failed to sparkle in the final round.
- The 36-year-old Italian made up for his disappointment at finishing runner-up in last year’s event.
- McIlroy, the winner here in 2014 but who had also missed the cut on four occasions, and Molinari had started the day with a four-shot cushion.
Froome wins Giro d’Italia for Grand Tour treble.
- Britain’s Chris Froome completed a sensational comeback to win the Giro d’Italia on Sunday.
- Froome, 33, became the first Briton to win the race in the Giro’s 101-year history after a 115km closed circuit race through the streets of the Italian capital.
- Froome fell twice including before the first stage and at one point trailed the leaders by nearly five minutes.
Red Bull’s Daniel Ricciardo wins Monaco Grand Prix.
- Daniel Ricciardo came of age as a world championship contender to claim a cherished and redemptive triumph for Red Bull at the Monaco Grand Prix.
- It was his first Monaco victory, his second this season and the seventh of his career.
- Ricciardo also pitted, on lap 17, and within a lap, the original grid order was re-established thanks to all the leading group switching to new rubber.
Chennai Super Kings sink Sunrisers Hyderabad to win third IPL crown.
- Shane Watson smashed an unbeaten 117 off just 57 balls to power Chennai Super Kings to an eight-wicket win over SunRisers Hyderabad.
- This was CSK’s third IPL title and came rather easily against SRH a team that finished top of the standings after the league stage.
- MS Dhoni-led team overhauled the target with nine balls to spare
Karnataka Congress MLA Siddu Bhimappa Nyamgouda passes away.
- Congress MLA Siddu Bhimappa Nyamgouda dies in a road accident near Karnataka’s Tulasigeri.
- He was on his way from Goa to Bagalkot when his car met with an accident.
- The 69-year-old MLA had won the Jamkhandi seat in the recently concluded Karnataka Assembly Elections 2018.
Links Related to Current Affairs May 28:
|Current Affairs | 27-May-2018||Current Affairs | 26-May-2018|
|May 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF April 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs May 28 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs May 28.