Daily Current Affairs May 29
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs May 29
Political parties under RTI: Election Commission contradicts CIC directive.
- Political parties are out of the purview of the RTI Act, the Election Commission has said in an order which is contrary to the Central Information Commission’s directive.
- The poll panel statement, which may prove to be controversial, came while deciding the appeal of an RTI applicant seeking to know donations collected by six national parties.
- The First Appellate Authority in the Election Commission K.F. Wilfred, the Senior Principal Secretary in the poll panel.
Special Parliament session sought to discuss farm crisis.
- A special session of Parliament is set to discuss the agrarian crisis, farmer leaders from the All India Kisan Sangharsh Coordination Committee.
- The AIKSCC delegation also presented the President with the two private members’ Bills regarding farm loan waivers and guaranteed minimum support prices.
- The Bills were drafted after a series of consultations with farmers fora across the country, and have been fine-tuned in consultation with 21 political parties.
Centre likely to notify Cauvery scheme before June 1.
- The Centre is likely to notify the Cauvery Water Management Scheme, 2018, before June 1, which it counts as the official date for the onset of southwest monsoon.
- The Met Department had earlier set May 29 as the likely date for the monsoon to hit the Kerala coast.’
- Ten days ago, the Supreme Court had given the Centre a go-ahead to notify the final scheme, which it said should be done before the onset of monsoon.
States yet to decide on national anthem query.
- None of the States, including the 21 ruled by the BJP and its allies, has responded to the Centre’s letter seeking their opinion on playing of the national anthem in cinema halls and public places.
- The Union Home Ministry had written to the States seeking their opinion on the issue. It sent a reminder to all the States again this month.
- On December 5 last year, the Home Ministry notified the appointment of a 12-member inter-ministerial committee which would take a final call on the playing of the national anthem in cinema and public places.
Tuticorin Sterlite Copper plant accounts for 40 percent of country’s copper.
- The Tamil Nadu government’s decision Monday to shut down Vedanta Limited’s copper plant at Tuticorin, which accounts for a 40 percent share in India’s annual.
- These include cable manufacturers, winding wire units, and transformer manufacturers who source from the Tuticorin unit of Sterlite Copper.
- The shutdown is also likely to impact India’s copper exports as around 1.6 lakh tonnes of Tuticorin plant’s production is sold internationally.
Latest International Current Affairs May 29 Updates from around the globe.
Iran FM in India for talks on implications of US pullout from nuclear deal.
- Iranian foreign minister Javad Zarif will hold talks with his Indian counterpart Sushma Swaraj.
- They talk about the implications of the US pulling out of the nuclear deal struck between Tehran and the international community in 2015.
- Indian interests in the Iran nuclear deal revolve around possible US sanctions that would once again slow down the development of the Chabahar port.
Portugal considers allowing euthanasia, assisted suicide.
- After legalizing abortion and same-sex marriage in recent times, Portuguese lawmakers will decide on Tuesday on another issue.
- It has brought a confrontation between faith and politics in this predominantly Catholic country whether to allow euthanasia and doctor-assisted suicide.
- The outcome of the vote is uncertain and is likely to be close, but Portugal could become one of just a handful of countries in the world to permit euthanasia under certain circumstances.
Pakistan rejects Indian protest against Gilgit-Baltistan Order.
- Pakistan has rejected India’s protests over its latest move on exercising administrative authority on the disputed Gilgit-Baltistan region.
- The Pakistan cabinet on May 21 approved Gilgit-Baltistan Order 2018 which was also endorsed by the assembly for the region.
- The order is being seen as Islamabad’s efforts towards incorporating the disputed region as its fifth province.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs May 29 updates by reading the news.
IndiGo announces 20 new flights from July.
- India’s largest low-cost carrier IndiGo, on Monday, announced the launch of 20 new flights from July.
- It will be an introduction of the first direct flight from Kolkata to Chandigarh and Indore.
- A non-stop flight between Chandigarh and Srinagar, and a daily flight between Indore and Nagpur will also be introduced, the airline said in a statement.
Ferrero looks to invest Rs 2k cr, make India hub.
- Ferrero, the Italian manufacturer of confectionery and chocolate products, is looking to invest around Rs 2,000 crore in India over three years.
- The company, which sells Nutella, Ferrero Rocher, Kinder and Tic Tac, may also introduce ice cream in India.
- It has formed a joint venture with FMCG conglomerate Unilever to make the product in Europe under its Kinder brand.
Hero Cycles plans to hike stake in Sri Lankan bicycle plant.
- Hero Cycles is planning to increase its stake in its Colombo-based bicycle unit this quarter.
- It is world’s largest bicycle manufacturer and purchases 60 percent stake in BSH Ventures in April 2016.
- BSH Ventures is an export-oriented firm located in the Biyagama Export Zone of the island nation.
Uber India president to head Asia Pacific operations.
- Uber’s India President Amit Jain has been promoted to head of the global ride-hailing firm’s Asia Pacific operations.
- It will include Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Hong Kong and India, the company said in an emailed statement.
- Jain will continue to lead India until a successor is found, an Uber spokeswoman said in the statement.
Coca-Cola launches first boozy drink in Japan.
- Coca-Cola launched its first ever alcoholic drink on Monday in Japan a fizzy, lemon-flavoured concoction laced with spirits.
- Although the US firm dabbled in the wine business in the 1970s, the experiment in Japan is “unique” in the company’s 125-year history.
- From Monday, three new “Lemon-Do” drinks containing three, five and seven percent alcohol will be available in the southern Kyushu region of Japan.
Current Affairs May 29 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Serena Williams set for Grand Slam return at Roland Garros.
- Three-time champion Serena Williams will make her eagerly-awaited return to Grand Slam tennis on Tuesday.
- The 36-year-old last played a major tournament in a victorious 2017 Australian Open campaign while two months pregnant.
- Serena has since crashed to 453 in the world as a result, although she was able to use her protected ranking to enter the French Open.
Shami replaces Hardik Pandya in World XI squad for Lord’s T20.
- India fast bowler Mohammed Shami has replaced Hardik Pandya in the ICC World XI squad for the May 31 T20 International against the West Indies at Lord’s.
- England wrist-spinner Adil Rashid enters in the World XI squad.
- Rashid is the second England player in the star-studded line-up after Eoin Morgan was named as the captain.
Links Related to Current Affairs May 29:
|Current Affairs | 28-May-2018||Current Affairs | 27-May-2018|
|May 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF April 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs May 29 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs May 29.