Daily Current Affairs May 3
Check the Latest Current National News provided below Current Affairs May 3.
Government releases the draft for the new Telecom Policy.
- Recently, the Indian Government has released the draft of the new Telecom Policy called as National Digital Communications Policy, 2018.
- The aim of the policy is to create 40 lakh new jobs by 2022, attract 100 billion US dollars investment in the sector and ensure broadband coverage at 50 Mbps for every citizen.
- The draft presented one Gbps connectivity to all Gram Panchayats by 2020 and ten Gbps by 2022.
Army’s ‘Vijay Prahar’ exercise underway in Rajasthan.
- Over 20,000 numbers of the strike formations of the Army’s South Western Commandare involved in the “Vijay Prahar” exercise to fine-tune the Army’s jointmanship with the Indian Air Force (IAF) near Suratgarhin Rajasthan.
- This exercise is for IAF testing in the “Gagan Shakti” exercise in the western sector of Rajasthan.
- It shares over 1,000 km border with Pakistan.
- To witness the final phase of the exercise, Army chief GeneralBipin Rawatand and other senior officers will join.
Read the Latest International Current Affairs May 3 Updates around the world.
Bilateral Trade resumes through Nathu La Border between India and China.
- The bilateral trade between India and China is started again through the Nathu La border.
- General Secretary of the Indo-China Border Traders’ Welfare Technologies, Tenzing Tsepel announced the matter.
- This bilateral trade between China and India through Nathu La border is situated at the height of 14,200 feet.
- According to the agreement, both the countries agreed to the list of 36 export items and 20 import items.
India-South Africa business summit happens in Johannesburg.
- The India-South Africa business summit concludes in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Minister of Commerce and Industry and Civil Aviation, Surest Prabhu also attended the business summit.
- He highlighted the historical relations between India and Swaziland, Botswana, and Lesotho and promised to take the economic partnership forward.
- The ministers also met with the India-South Africa CEOs forum members.
- They expressed their confidence in the Indian Governments and their efforts to strengthen India-Africa relations.
Important Cabinet approvals by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- Financial assistance to sugar mills for clearing cane dues of farmers: the approval has been to deliver financial assistance at the rate of Rs 5.50 per quintal of cane crushed in sugar season 2017-18 to sugar mills to offset the cost of cane, in order to help sugar mills to clear cane dues of farmers.
- Reconstruction of Multi-sectoral Development Program for its continuation during the remaining period of 14th Finance Commission as Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram.
- The continuation of the Umbrella Scheme in Agriculture Sector called ‘Green Revolution – Krishonnati Yojana’.
- A mutual recognition agreement between the South Africa Institute of Chartered Accountants and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
Cabinet approves accession to protocol under WHO Framework Convention.
- The Union Cabinet approved to accede to the Protocol under World Health Organization (WHO) Framework Convention on Tobacco control to reduce illicit trade in tobacco products.
- This accession is for both smoking and chewing or smokeless tobacco (SLT) forms as negotiated and adopted under Article 15 of the World Health Organization Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (WHO FCTC).
The Dominican Republic ties with China and at the same time break with Taiwan.
- The Dominican Republic and China establish diplomatic relations.
- With this tie, Dominican Republic breaks a 77-year alliance with Taiwan.
Appointment and Resigns Affairs
Mallikarjun Kharge re-appointed as the Chairman of PAC (Public Accounts Committee).
- Congress Leader Mallikarjun Kharge is re-appointed as the Chairman of Public Accounts Committee (PAC) of Parliament for their fresh term.
- Majority of the members which is headed by an opposition leader are from the ruling NDA.
- Mallikarjun Kharge is the leader of Congress party in Lok Sabha.
Go through the following Latest Updates of 3rd May Current Affairs on Sports.
Liverpool reaches Champions League final after nervy night in Rome.
- First-half goals from Sadio Mane and Georginio Wijnaldum put Liverpool in control.
- Radja Nainggolan bagging two goals for Roma in the final eight minutes.
- It was another bitter defeat for Roma who lost the 1984 European Cup final to Liverpool on penalties in the same stadium.
Indian Boxer Neeraj Goyat receives WBC Asia Boxer of the Year Award.
- Neeraj Goyat, an Indian Pugilist got WBC Asia Boxer of the Year Award.
- He is the current WBC Asia Champion in welterweight category.
Nurshahidah Roslie received WBC Asia’s Female Champion of the Year Award.
- Local professional boxer Nurshahidah Roslie added another feather to her cap when she was named WBC Asia’s Female Champion of the Year in Bangkok.
- She knocked out Thai Siriphon Chanbuala to win the WBC Asia featherweight (up to 57kg) title.
- Currently, she is preparing for the 10-round WBO Asia Pacific super bantamweight (up to 55kg) title bout against Australian April Adams in Brisbane, Australia.
Links Related to Current Affairs May 3:
|Current Affairs | 2-May-2018||Current Affairs | 1-May-2018|
|April 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF March 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Contestants hoping for the Government Jobs can learn the complete details concerning Current Affairs from above links. To crack any Government Jobs, candidates need to read the Latest Current News and also have to attempt GK Quiz to grow their General Knowledge. Exercising daily quiz can help them to crack any competitive exams. Make use of our Current Affairs May 3 and current affairs 2018 to score good marks in the examinations. Applicants can also download the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates provided here for free download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will help all the candidates to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of the following Current Affairs May 3.