Daily Current Affairs May 30
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs May 30
Amit Shah meets Gen Suhag as part of a pre-poll campaign.
- BJP president Amit Shah on Tuesday called on Gen Dalbir Suhag(retd), who was the Army chief during the 2016 cross-LoC surgical strikes.
- It is a part of the party’s ‘Sampark For Samarthan’ campaign to reach out to over 1 lakh prominent citizens to seek the mandate in the 2019 general elections.
- Besides Gen Suhag, Shah also met constitutional expert Subhash Kashyap for the campaign for which he is likely to meet nearly 50 opinion makers till June 11.
Russia sanctions may hit Indo-US ‘2+2’ talks.
- India and the US get ready for a ‘2+2’ dialogue in early July between the foreign and defence ministers.
- US’ linkage of sanctions on Russia with India may bring the two countries to a very uncomfortable place, making the first high-level interaction potentially difficult.
- Sushma Swaraj and Nirmala Sitharaman are expected to travel to Washington for the first such dialogue, which has been postponed a couple of times.
Sushma Swaraj meets Netherlands Queen, discusses financial inclusion in India.
- External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj on Tuesday held a meeting with Queen Maxima of the Netherlands.
- Queen Maxima, who is the wife of King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands, is visiting India in her capacity as the UN Secretary-General’s special advocate for inclusive finance for development.
- Leaders talked about growing financial inclusion in India,” ministry of external affairs spokesperson Raveesh Kumar tweeted.
Defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman visits Army’s Spear Corps in Dimapur.
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman today made her maiden visit to Army’s Spear Corps Zone at Rangpahar, Dimapur.
- Where she was briefed about counter-terrorism as well as border management operations on Indo-Myanmar border.
- She would go to forward areas along the Indo-Myanmar border in Nagaland sector tomorrow, public relations officer of Defence C Konwer said.
Amitabh Bachchan roped in by central railways for the safety campaign.
- Actor Amitabh Bachchan has been roped in by Central Railway to appeal to passengers to follow railway safety rules, a senior official said.
- He shot sequences for a short film asking passengers to follow safety rules, do not cross tracks and to use foot overbridges,” said D K Sharma, general manager, CR.
- A few short films, featuring actor Naseeruddin Shah and directors Sisir Mishra and Nishikant Kamat, have already screened on social media platforms.
Latest International Current Affairs May 30 Updates from around the globe.
The US announces 25 Percent new tariffs on Chinese tech goods.
- The US will impose a hefty 25 percent tariff on the USD 50 billion worth of Chinese goods containing “industrially significant” technology.
- The White House said today, days after the two sides reached an agreement and vowed not to launch a trade war against each other.
- After the lengthy second round of talks in Washington, the two sides issued a joint statement vowing not to launch a trade war against each other.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs May 30 updates by reading the news.
FB set to launch WhatsApp Pay.
- Facebook is set to offer its WhatsApp payment services to the entire country as early as next week.
- The messaging app will partner HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank and Axis Bank to process the transfers, and SBI will join once it has the necessary systems in place.
- The entry of Whatsapp into India’s payments space will be likened to WeChat, which reshaped payments in China when it expanded beyond messaging.
RCom offers Rs 500 crore to Ericsson, NCLAT for amicable settlement.
- RCom Tuesday offered an upfront payment of Rs 500 crore to its operational creditor Ericsson, which has got an insolvency order against the Anil Ambani group firm.
- To this, the NCLAT bench headed by Chairman Justice S J Mukhopadhaya suggested settlement between parties.
- Ericsson had total dues of Rs 978, which have now increased to Rs 1,600 crore, counsel appearing for Ericsson informed.
- Ericsson, which had signed a 7-year deal in 2014 to operate and manage RCom’s nationwide telecom network, had alleged that it had not been paid the dues.
Starbucks to close over 8,000 stores for anti-bias training.
- Starbucks will close more than 8,000 stores across US Tuesday to conduct anti-bias training.
- The training is typically designed to get people to open up about implicit biases and stereotypes in encountering people of colour, gender or other identities.
- Many retailers including Walmart and Target said they already offer some racial bias training.
Patanjali ties up with BSNL to launch ‘Swadeshi Samriddhi’ SIM cards.
- Yoga guru Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali has teamed up with state-run telecom operator Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) to launch Swadeshi Samriddhi SIM cards.
- Initially, only the employees and office bearers of Patanjali will be able to avail the benefits of the SIM card.
- After its full-fledged launch, people will get discount of 10% on Patanjali products with this card.
Sudha Balakrishnan takes the appointment first CFO of RBI.
- Sudha Balakrishnan takes the appointment as the first Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the Reserve Bank of India.
- Balakrishnan, chartered accountant and vice-president of NSDL, will hold the rank of executive director.
- The CFO will also be entrusted with communicating the RBI’s expected and actual financial performance.
Current Affairs May 30 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Messi grabs hat-trick as Argentina canter to the 4-0 win.
- Lionel Messi the Barcelona forward scored a hat-trick in their 4-0 World Cup warm-up win over Haiti on Tuesday.
- With Javier Mascherano making his 143rd appearance to put him one ahead of Javier Zanetti as Argentina’s most capped player.
- More than the result we were able to say goodbye to our fans and show that we are going to Russia with hope,” Messi said.
- Argentina now flies to Barcelona to prepare for World Cup matches against Iceland on June 16, Croatia on June 21 and Nigeria on June 26.
Afridi to lead World XI in Lord’s fund-raiser, Morgan ruled out.
- Pakistan’s flamboyant all-rounder Shahid Afridi will lead the ICC World XIin an exhibition Twenty20 International against West Indies.
- Shahid Afridi will captain the ICC World XI in the absence of Eoin Morgan,” the International Cricket Council tweeted.
- Morgan suffered the injury while fielding at the backward point during a Middlesex game against Somerset at Taunton.
Nishu, Semboi to play for Bengaluru FC till 2020.
- Defender Nishu Kumar and striker Thongkhosiem Haokip will continue to represent BFC till 2020 end.
- Both the players have signed new two-year contracts, which was announced by the club on their twitter handle.
- Nishu has played 26 times and scored three goals, while Haokip, who is popularly called Semboi, played eleven games and scored three goals for BFC this year.
- He also had played for East Bengal, after having made his professional debut for Pune FC in 2013.
Links Related to Current Affairs May 30:
|Current Affairs | 29-May-2018||Current Affairs | 28-May-2018|
|May 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF April 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs May 30 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs May 30.