Daily Current Affairs May 31
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs May 31
In the symbolic nod to India, US changes the name of Pacific Command.
- The US military on Wednesday renamed its Pacific Command the US Indo-Pacific Command, in a largely symbolic move underscoring the growing importance of India to the Pentagon.
- US Pacific Command, which is responsible for all US military activity in the greater Pacific region, has about 375,000 civilian and military personnel.
- The United States is also keen to tap into India’s large defence market. It has emerged as India’s No. 2 weapons supplier.
India, Indonesia join hands to counter expansionist China.
- India and Indonesia will develop a naval port in Sabang, a strategic location on the tip of Sumatra island and at the entrance of the vital Malacca Straits.
- The two countries also agreed to step up the defence and maritime cooperation, with both countries agreeing to align their national maritime policies.
- Modi visited the grand Istiqlal Mosque, the largest in south-east Asia, accompanied by Jokowi.
Nirmala Sitharaman visits forward area posts along Indo-Myanmar border.
- Defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman, who reached Dimapur in Nagaland on Tuesday, continued her visit to zones under the Spear Corps on Wednesday.
- She left Dimapur in the morning and undertook visits of forwarding posts of the Assam Rifles along the Indo-Myanmar Border.
- During her visit to forwarding areas, the minister also interacted with local state government functionaries and representatives of other security agencies.
India, Indonesia to organise interfaith dialogue in both nations.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Joko Widodo on Wednesday agreed to organise an interfaith dialogue in Indonesia in early October 2018.
- It will be followed by a similar dialogue in India next year to promote pluralism and eradicate radicalism.
- Indonesia and India have pursued the ideals of pluralism, tolerance, rule of law and values of peaceful co-existence.
PM Modi announces 30-day free visa for Indonesian citizens.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi today announced a 30-day free visa for Indonesian citizens.
- He invited the diaspora to travel to their country of origin to experience the ‘New India’.
- We will grant free of cost visa for Indonesian citizens for travel of up to 30 days,” Modi said, amid applause.
- In the last two-and-a-half years, more than 9,000 start-ups have been registered in India.
The India-Nepal joint military exercise begins in Uttarakhand.
- A joint military exercise between India and Nepal began at Pithoragarh today with soldiers from both the countries sharing their experiences.
- The military exercise, which is set to conclude on June 12, is called ‘Surya Kiran’ and is conducted alternatively in India and Nepal every six months.
- Over 300 soldiers from both the countries are taking part in the exercise, the release added.
Latest International Current Affairs May 31 Updates from around the globe.
Zimbabwe to elect the post-Mugabe president on July 30.
- Zimbabwe announced on Wednesday it would choose a new president and parliament on July 30.
- It is the country’s first electoral test since the removal of its autocratic former leader Robert Mugabe.
- His successor, President Emmerson Mnangagwa, unveiled the date in the official Zimbabwe Government Gazette.
France’s Emmanuel Macron to meet with Canada PM Justin Trudeau before G7.
- French President Emmanuel Macron will meet with his Canadian counterpart Justin Trudeau in Ottawa before the G7 summit next week.
- Trudeau is hosting the leaders of Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and the United States at the June 8-9 summit in La Malbaie, Quebec.
- The pair also will review matters to be discussed at the summit: gender equality, combating climate change.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs May 31 updates by reading the news.
Singapore Airlines to start world’s longest non-stop flight.
- Singapore Airlines (SIA) will launch the world’s longest non-stop commercial flight between Singapore and Newark from October 11, 2018.
- The airline will deploy the new Airbus A350-900ULR (ultra-long-range) for covering the distance of 16,700km in up to 18 hours and 45 minutes.
- Daily operations will start a week later, from October 18, after an additional A350-900ULR aircraft enters service.
- The aircraft will be configured in a two-class layout, with 67 business and 94 premium economy seats.
Ramdev launches messaging app Kimbho that will rival WhatsApp.
- Yoga guru Ramdev on Wednesday launched a new messaging application called Kimbho under his flagship company Patanjali.
- After launching sim cards, Baba Ramdev has launched a new messaging application called Kimbho.
- Kimbho application is touted to be a competitor of the messaging app WhatsApp. The tagline of Kimbho is kept as “Ab Bharat Bolega”.
Russia gives Apple 1 month to remove Telegram from App Store.
- Russia has written to Apple asking the company to remove the instant messaging service from the App Store for Russian users.
- It has given Apple one month to comply before they enforce punishment for violations, Wccftech reported.
- Citing the threat of criminals and terrorists using the app, a court ruling banned it from the country until the app provides the keys.
Lt Gen Ranbir Singh appointed Northern Army Commander.
- Lt Gen Ranbir Singh, who was the Director-General of Military Operations has been appointed Northern Army commander.
- Gen Singh succeeds Lt Gen Anbu who will take charge as Vice Chief of the Indian Army on Friday.
- He was the DGMO when India had carried out surgical strikes across the LoC on the intervening night of September 28 and 29 in 2016.
Current Affairs May 31 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Former England captain John Terry leaves Aston Villa.
- Former England captain John Terry has left Aston Villa after the club failed to gain promotion to the Premier League.
- Villa lost the Championship playoff final 1-0 to Fulham at Wembley on Sunday.
- 37-year-old Terry joined Villa from Chelsea in July 2017 on a one-year deal.
Robert Lewandowski wants to leave Bayern Munich.
- Bayern Munich’s star striker Robert Lewandowski wants to leave the Bundesliga club this summer.
- Lewandowski, 29, whose Bayern contract runs until 2021, has been linked with Real Madrid.
- He was the Bundesliga’s top scorer in the just-completed season with 29 goals, the third time he has won the trophy after success in 2015/16.
Real Kashmir’s promotion gives Jammu and Kashmir flavour to I-League.
- Real Kashmir becomes 1st club from Jammu and Kashmir to qualify for the I-League; 3-2 win over Hindustan FC paves way.
- The ‘fairytale’ unfolded in front of barely 50 people at the FSV Arena in Bangalore.
- The final match of the I-League Division 2 was a clash between a rookie team and second division veterans.
Links Related to Current Affairs May 31:
|Current Affairs | 30-May-2018||Current Affairs | 29-May-2018|
|May 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF April 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs May 31 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs May 31.