Daily Current Affairs May 4
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs May 4
After Nepal visit, PM Modi to meet Hasina in Bengal.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is starting another round of re-engagement with neighbourhood leaders.
- Modi is also expected to travel to Santiniketan to meet with Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on May 25.
- It will be a matter of great significance if the Prime Ministers of both India and Bangladesh attend the inauguration programme of this cultural complex.
China removes import duties on 28 medicines; India to get the boost.
- China said it has removed import duties on as many as 28 medicines, including all cancer drugs, from May 1.
- It has exempted import tariffs (duties) for 28 drugs, including all cancer drugs, from May 1st.
- Good news for India’s pharmaceutical industry and medicine export to China.
Sushma Swaraj holds talks with Serbian counterpart; vows to boost trade, defence ties.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Thursday held discussions with her Serbian counterpart Ivica Davic.
- The two ministers discussed a range of bilateral, regional and global issues of common interest.
- Dacic’s visit comes after last year’s visit of the Serbian Prime Minister to India in January 2017.
NSA heads first meet of defence planning panel.
- The new Defence Planning Committee (DPC) met for the first time under the chairmanship of national security advisor Ajit Doval.
- No major decision was taken since it was the first meeting of the DPC, which is now a permanent body under the NSA.
- The meeting, which lasted for around two hours, discussed the key challenges ahead and how to address them,” said an official.
South Korean President to meet PM Modi in July.
- South Korean President Moon Jae-in will hold meetings with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the Capital on July 10 this year.
- According to South Block officials, while the official process to finalise the bilateral documents to be signed is on, South Korea is expected to deliver on the 2014 agreement for technical cooperation in the railway’s sector.
- South Korea is also interested in the development of New Delhi Railway Station as a major transportation hub at the cost of Rs10,000 crore.
- Road transport, highways and shipping minister Nitin Gadkari was in Seoul last month for four days to discuss South Korean investment in the roads and ports sector.
Govt recommends green registration plates for electric vehicles.
- The Union road transport and highways ministry have recommended green registration plates for electric vehicles (EVs) so as to identify them for preferential treatment.
- The ministry will soon issue a notification specifying the colour of the plates to be used by these vehicles, two senior government officials said on condition of anonymity.
- Federal think tank Niti Aayog, which is framing the draft policy for EVs, had recommended green registration plates for such vehicles.
Latest International Current Affairs May 4 Updates from around the globe.
US, China begin trade talks centred around tech rivalry.
- Chinese and US officials met face-to-face on Thursday in an attempt to resolve a dispute over technology that has taken the world’s two largest economies.
- US treasury secretary Steven Mnuchin is leading the group, which includes commerce secretary Wilbur Ross and US trade representative Robert Lighthizer.
- Liu He, President Xi Jinping’s top economic adviser, headed the Chinese side in the talks, which are expected to end on Friday.
Indian hits jackpot wins $1.9 million in Abu Dhabi lottery.
- An Indian has won a whopping $1.9 million in a raffle in the UAE, media reports said on Thursday.
- Anil Varghese Theveril, 50, who works in Kuwait as an executive assistant, said he hit the jackpot on the ticket number that matches with his son’s date of birth, Khaleej Times reported.
- He was declared the winner of the 7 million dirhams ($1.9 million or over Rs 12 crore) prize in the Big Ticket millionaire draw held at Abu Dhabi International Airport.
- The eight winners of the jackpot include six Indians. The other winners have won 1 million dirhams each.
China installs cruise missiles on South China Sea outposts, says report.
- China has installed anti-ship cruise missiles and surface-to-air missile systems on three of its outposts in the South China Sea.
- The installations, if confirmed, would mark the first Chinese missile deployments in the Spratly islands, where several Asian countries including Vietnam and Taiwan have rival claims.
- China’s defence ministry did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the latest report.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs May 4 updates by reading the news.
Volvo Car to increase focus on manufacturing in India.
- The company is likely to begin production of yet another car at its Bangalore factory in the second half of 2018.
- Volvo Car India MD Charles Frump, who was here in Sweden to take part in the CEOs roundtable with Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the Stockholm city.
- Volvo marked a robust 28% annual growth in volumes, ending the calendar year 2017 with highest ever 2,029 retails.
Barbeque Nation MD’s coset to buy Toscano.
- Barbeque Nation is in advanced talks to acquire Bengaluru-born Italian casual dining restaurant and wine bar Toscano.
- Toscano, founded by two chefs Jean Michel Jasserand and Goutham Balasubramanian more than a decade ago.
- The deal-making is independent of Barbeque Nation, the country’s largest grilled buffet restaurant chain.
Jaypee Infratech lenders to meet on May 7 to consider Lakshadweep bid.
- Lenders of Jaypee Infratech will meet on May 7 to consider Lakshadweep Pvt Ltd’s Rs 7,350 crore bid to acquire the debt-laden firm.
- According to banking sources, the Committee of Creditors (CoC) will meet on May 7 to consider the Rs 7,350 crore resolution plan.
- Jaypee Infratech currently has about Rs 24,000 crore worth assets while its debt is nearly Rs 10,000 crore, they said, adding that even the liquidation value is worth about Rs 14,000 crore.
Current Affairs May 4 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Ankita to play in French Open qualifying round.
- Ankita Raina, the 193rd-ranked Indian, has given herself a chance to enter the main draw of the French Open at Roland Garros this year.
- After losing in the second round to second seed Yafang Wang at WTA Kunming Open in Anning, China.
- Ankita will next be in action on the ITF women’s circuit in Luan next week.
Virat Kohli to play for Surrey in English County.
- India captain Virat Kohli officially inked his deal with top English Countryside Surrey starting in July.
- While Kohli joining the London-based team was an open secret, the county officially announced the deal today on their official website.
- With Kohli playing three county championship matches in June, he is all set to miss the historic first-ever Test match against Afghanistan scheduled in Bengaluru from June 14-18.
New Zealand weighing first Pakistan cricket tour since 2003.
- New Zealand says they are considering their first cricket tour to Pakistan since 2003.
- But Australia on Thursday shut the door on an appearance in the insurgency-wracked country.
- It is carrying out “due diligence” after a request to play a Twenty20 game in Pakistan, where the team hotel in Karachi was hit by a deadly suicide blast in 2002.
- Pakistan will host tours by Australia and New Zealand in October and November.
- The matches due to be played in the United Arab Emirates.
Diego Costa helps Atletico Madrid sink Arsenal to reach final.
- Arsenal’s hopes of winning one last trophy under Arsene Wenger ended at the hands of Diego Costa.
- Costa scored the only goal late in the first half to give Atletico a 1-0 second-leg victory over Arsenal in the Europa League semifinals.
- The result also meant Arsenal will not qualify for the Champions League for a second straight season.
- Atletico will meet Marseille in the final in Lyon on May 16.
Sitting Karnataka BJP MLA BN Vijaykumar dies of heart attack.
- Sitting BJP MLA BN Vijaykumar died of a massive heart attack.
- A candidate for the May 12 assembly polls, Vijaykumar had collapsed during an election campaign in Jayanagar constituency in the city.
- Vijaykumar, aged 59, was a two-time MLA from Jayanagar. He was a bachelor.
Links Related to Current Affairs May 4:
|Current Affairs | 03-May-2018||Current Affairs | 02-May-2018|
|May 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF April 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs May 4 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs May 4.