Daily Current Affairs May 6
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs May 6
Narendra Singh Tomar addresses Kaushal Vikas Melas.
- On 5th May 2018, Aajeevika and Kaushal Vikas Melas were held in various parts of India as part of Gram Swaraj Abhiyan.
- Narendra Singh Tomar and his Ministry are working on over 41.2 lakh self-help groups in association with state governments all over India.
- Rural Development Minister Narendra Singh Tomar, addressed the gathering at the main event held at Ranchi, Jharkhand.
PCI rejects World Press Freedom Index citing ‘lack of clarity’.
- Without Borders (RWB), the World Press Freedom Index measures the level of media freedom in 180 countries.
- As per the Reporters Without Borders’ annual report released on April 25, India dropped down two places from 136 in 2017 to 138 in 2018.
- Justice C.K Prasad, Press Council of India Chairman mentioned RWB’s annual report has “lack of clarity” on the inputs that weighed in the rankings.
Centre to provide Rs 2,000 cr for Godavari waterway.
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Water Resources Nitin Gadkari announced that the Central government will sanction Rs 2,000 crore for inland waterway on Godavari River.
- He asked Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra to come forward to take 10 percent equity.
BRO to celebrate its 58th Raising Day.
- Border Roads Organisation will celebrate its 58th Raising Day on May 7 to mark the glorious services to the nation.
- BRO, a leader in the arena of infrastructural development in the border areas of the country, was established in 1960.
- Since its inception, the organisation has gone from strength to strength, and numerous projects undertaken by them has been vital for the territorial integrity.
Govt launches NWIC to maintain water data.
- Govt has set up a central body – National Water Informatics Centre to maintain a comprehensive water resources data.
- NWIC will be a single window source of updated data on water resources in India.
- NWIC will collaborate with national & international research institutes to provide technical support to central & state organisations dealing with water emergency response of hydrological extremes.
Latest International Current Affairs May 6 Updates from around the globe.
China Launches ‘APSTAR-6C’ Communication Sat.
- China has launched a new communication satellite “APSTAR-6C” at the southwestern Xichang Satellite Launch Center.
- The satellite will provide TV transmission, communication, Internet and multimedia services to customers across the Asia-Pacific region.
- Both the satellite and the rocket were developed by the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation.
Israel pulls out of the race for the seat on UNSC.
- Israel has withdrawn from a race against Germany & Belgium for 2 seats on United Nations Security Council in 2019-20.
- It was competing with Germany & Belgium for one of the two seats allocated to Western European & Others Group.
- Security Council is made up of 5 permanent members – Britain, China, France, Russia & US while 10 other seats are filled by elected members that serve 2 yr stints.
California’s economy is world’s 5th biggest.
- California’s economy has surpassed the economy of United Kingdom.
- Its gross domestic product increased by $127 billion from 2016 to 2017.
- Its economy is concentrated in coastal regions around San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles and San Diego.
- California’s economy is now only behind the economy of the United States, China, Japan and Germany.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs May 6 updates by reading the news.
RBI announced Rs.10,000 crore bond purchases.
- On 4th May 2018, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced that it will buy Rs 10,000 crore of government bonds through open market operation (OMO).
- RBI made this decision after failing to sell all the debt it had offered to bidders.
- It was the third consecutive week when the RBI couldn’t sell everything on offer which leads to a spike in bond yields.
ADB projects India’s growth at 7.3% in 2018.
- Asian Development Bank President Takehiko Nakao has noted that India’s growth in 2018 would pick up to 7.3%.
- The Bank has also projected that India will remain the fastest growing Asian nation with 7.6% growth in 2019-20.
- The size of India’s economy is about USD 2.5 trillion currently, making it the sixth largest in the world.
Shabana Azmi named ambassador for Women in Public Service Project.
- Veteran actress and social activist Shabana Azmi has been nominated as the Global Leadership Ambassador for Women in Public Service Project (WPSP).
- A Hillary Clinton-founded programme aimed at empowering the next generation of women around the world
Current Affairs May 6 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Saina Nehwal storms into top 10 in world rankings.
- Shuttler Kidambi Srikanth has reached the third spot with 74,135 points in Men’s section.
- HS Pronnoy has become second Indian player to enter top 10 after Kidambi Srikanth.
- The highest ranked Indian pair in men’s doubles are Satwik Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty at World No 18.
- Ashwini Ponnappa and N Sikki Reddy are in 26th position in women’s doubles.
- Pranaav Chopra and Sikki Reddy are in the 23rd spot in mixed doubles rankings.
Renowned Marathi singer Arun Date dies.
- On May 6, 2018, Veteran Marathi singer Arun Date, known for his popular song “Shukratara”, has died in Mumbai.
- Famous for non-film ‘bhavgeet’ (lyrical poetry) songs, had crooned numbers like “Shukratara” and “Ya Janmavar”, which became very popular among people.
- He was the first recipient of the state government’s ‘Gajananrav Vatave Puraskar’.
Links Related to Current Affairs May 6:
|Current Affairs | 06-May-2018||Current Affairs | 05-May-2018|
|May 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF April 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs May 6 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs May 6.