Daily Current Affairs May 7
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs May 7
Isro develops desi atomic clock, to be used in navigation satellites.
- Indian Space Research Organisation(Isro) has developed an atomic clock that will be used in navigation satellites to measure precise location data.
- The space agency currently imports atomic clocks from European aerospace manufacturer Astrium for its navigation satellites.
- Isro has become one of the few space organisations in the world which have gained the capability to develop this highly sophisticated technology.
BrahMos to attain 76% localisation in six months.
- BrahMos, the world’s fastest supersonic cruise missile, will be achieving 75 percent localisation in the next six months.
- As of today, 65 percent of the value (in BrahMos) is in India.
- We started with a very low 10-12 percent indigenisation and today we have reached 65 percent.
- The Quad launcher is for supersonic cruise missiles in an inclined configuration onboard our navy ships.
251 new buses to hit Delhi roads by September.
- The process of inducting 2,000 buses into Delhi’s public transport is all set to hit the capital roads by September this year.
- The first lot of 251 buses out of total 1,000 cluster scheme buses will start arriving in the capital by September.
- Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) is also set to receive its first lot of 40 buses by December 2018 with the technical bids.
E-buses set to hit Kolkata streets next month.
- To curb both air and noise pollution levels, 80 electric buses will start plying in the city next month.
- These noiseless, zero-pollution vehicles will hit the streets in phases.
- Almost half of the 20 lakh vehicles that ply in the city run on diesel. Of this, around 2 lakh are commercial vehicles.
Railways may soon switch to AC coaches on suburban routes.
- The Railways may start manufacturing only air-conditioned coaches for its suburban routes after the phenomenal response to the first AC local train in Mumbai.
- While the public transport behemoth plans to convert 80 Mumbai local trains into partially air-conditioned ones.
- The cost of AC coaches is 30% more than normal coaches and in the case of EMU, it is slightly more.
Latest International Current Affairs May 7 Updates from around the globe.
Lebanese vote in the first general election in nine years.
- Lebanonon on Sunday took part in its first general election in nine years.
- The election is being held under a new proportional system that has confused some voters and made the contest unpredictable in formerly safe seats.
- But some other voters were sceptical the election signalled an improvement in Lebanon’s political climate. Putin 4.0 to launch amid the crackdown on the opposition.
Vladimir Putin will today be inaugurated for his fourth Kremlin term under the shadow of hugely strained ties with the West.
- Opposition leader Navalny was along with nearly 1,600 of his supporters yesterday during nationwide rallies against Putin.
- This year Putin’s minders are reportedly planning a fairly low-key inauguration ceremony that will not include a lavish Kremlin reception.
US oil rises above $70 for the first time since November 2014.
- The US oil prices rose above $70 a barrel on Monday for the first time since November 2014.
- US West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude futures rose 0.7 percent to trade at $70.18 per barrel at 0242 GMT, up 46 cents from their last settlement.
- Brent crude oil futures were at $75.22 per barrel, up 35 cents, or 0.5 percent from their last close.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs May 7 updates by reading the news.
Walmart plans $2-3 billion push for Flipkart.
- Global retail giant Walmart plans to pump $2-3 billion (over Rs 13,000 crore) as fresh equity into Flipkart to strengthen its hold on the e-commerce company.
- Sources told that the Beast of Bentonville may look at roping in more investors over the next few years.
- A larger equity base and fresh capital are to be critical for Flipkart to take on Amazon in India.
HPCL begins home-delivery of diesel.
- After IOC, state-owned Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd (HPCL) has launched home-delivery of diesel in Mumbai.
- HP Fuel Connect’ will “deliver diesel to select customers having the fixed equipment, heavy machinery in their premises in surrounding areas of Uran, Raigad in Maharashtra.
- Indian Oil Corp (IOC) had in March launched home-delivery of diesel in Pune.
Patanjali makes the highest bid for broke Ruchi Soya.
- Baba Ramdev-led Patanjali Ayurved says it has made the highest offer for the debt-ridden edible oil and soya foods maker Ruchi Soya.
- Ruchi Soya faces claims of Rs 12,000 crore and was into the auction process as part of the government’s drive to clear bad loans.
- Patanjali Ayurved has made a bid of Rs 4,000-4,500 crore for Ruchi Soya, beating Adani Wilmar, Godrej Agrovet and Emami’s offers.
Apple to shut down Texture’s Windows magazine app.
- The Windows “Texture” application a digital magazine service that Apple purchased in March is being killed by the iPhone maker.
- After June 30, 2018, the ‘Texture’ Windows app will no longer be available,” the company says on its website.
- Users got information of the discontinuation this week through emails and a note inside the app, according to The Verge.
Current Affairs May 7 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
India retains the overall title at South Asian Junior Athletics Championships.
- Indian junior athletes clinched overall title in the 3rd South Asian Junior Athletics Championships (SAJAC) which concluded at Sugathadasa Stadium in Colombo.
- At the end of the two-day meet, they bagged 20 gold, 22 silver and eight bronze medals to put India on top of the medals table.
- Bangladesh (two bronze medals), Maldives (one bronze medal), Nepal, Bhutan were the other competing countries.
Gagan Narang-Pooja Ghatkar win silver medal in shooting meet.
- Olympic medallist Gagan Narang made a fine comeback to the 10m air rifle event as he combined with young Pooja Ghatkar.
- P Shri Nivetha and Amanpreet Singh claimed the mixed air pistol silver after having topped qualification with a score of 775.
- In men’s rifle 3-position, Narang shot 1,157 to finish 35th.
Manchester City lift Premier League trophy.
- It took three weeks for Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany to finally get his hands on the Premier League trophy.
- The celebrations for City’s third title in seven seasons began well before kick-off, both inside and outside their Etihad home ground.
- Having won the league three weeks earlier, when closest rivals Manchester United surprisingly lost at home to West Brom, these title celebrations have been curiously drawn out.
Arsene Wenger wins on Emirates swansong as Arsenal seal sixth position.
- Arsene Wenger enjoyed a winning farewell in his final home game in charge as Arsenal eased to a 5-0 thumping of Burnley at Emirates Stadium.
- The Frenchman, who will leave at the end of the season after nearly 22 years at the helm.
- Wenger was rightly the centre of attention in his 606th and last home fixture.
Links Related to Current Affairs May 7:
|Current Affairs | 06-May-2018||Current Affairs | 05-May-2018|
|May 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF April 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs May 7 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs May 7.