Current Affairs November 2016: Candidates we have collected Current Affairs which have valuable Information. Read Current Affairs Today for all who are preparing for Competitive Examinations. Here we have mentioned the full November 2016 Current Affairs Explanation and Highlights. The Current Affairs of November 2016 helps candidates to crack the Government & Competitive Exam like IBPS, SBI, RRB Etc., Students can also get the November Current Affairs 2016 Pdf from This Page. We also Provided the Nov 2016 Current Affairs pdf download.
Current Affairs – November 2016
Current Affairs – Current Affairs Nov 2016
Current affairs November 2016 – Date-wise Collections
|Date||Current Affairs News||Current Affairs Questions|
(November 2016 Current Affairs – Current Affairs of Nov 1st to 30th)
Current Affairs November 2016 for Competitive exams
Modi launched Haryana’s year-long golden jubilee celebrations of Haryana.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches Haryana’s year-long golden jubilee celebrations of Haryana in Gurugram.
- PM Modi kicks-off Haryana’s ‘Swarna Jayanti’ celebrations from Gurugram’s Tau Devi Lal stadium on November 1, 2016.
- The Haryana Government decides to set up Gurugram Development Authority(GDA) to avoid overlap in its function.
- 7 states celebrate state formation Day on November 1, 2016 – Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Haryana, Kerala, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.
Government fixed the minimum wage of farmworker Rs 350 per day.
- The government made a decision to fix the minimum wage at Rs 350 per day.
- They made a fix of wage for unskilled agricultural labour in C-class towns in central sphere.
- Labour Minister Bandaru Dattatreya made the announcement.
- It will effective from November 1, 2016.
- Now agriculture workers get Rs 160 per day as per the rates prescribed under the national floor level minimum wage.
- The states governments are free to fix wages for various category of workers as there is no benchmark minimum wage.
Kerala becomes 3rd open defecation free state.
- The Southern state of Kerala became the third state overall and the largest state so far to get the declaration for Open Defecation Free (ODF).
- It got ODF under the Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM- Gramin).
- 14 districts, 152 blocks, 940 Gram Panchayats and 2117 villages of Kerala have been declared free from open defecation.
- Kerala is the largest state which archives the ODF Status, after Sikkim and Himachal Pradesh.
Current Affairs November 2016
PM Narendra Modi launches ‘Saur Sujala Yojana’ in Chhattisgarh.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Chhattisgarh to marks the state’s 16th foundation day on November 1, 2016.
- He launches the Saur Sujala Yojana in Chhattisgarh in order to provide solar-powered irrigation pumps to farmers at a subsidized price.
- He also inaugurates jungle safari, the statue of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya and Naya Raipur BRTS project in Chhattisgarh.
- Chhattisgarh was the first state to implement the Saur Sujala Yojana.
- PM Narendra Modi made inauguration to Asia’s largest man-made jungle safari at Naya Raipur in Chhattisgarh.
LinkedIn Inks MoU With Govt To Create More Jobs for Students.
- US company LinkedIn signs an agreement with Ministry of Human Resource Development to create more job opportunities in India.
- According to the MoU, LinkedIn’s ‘Placements’ product which took launch in September 2016 will get adoption by all colleges.
- More than two lakh students will get register for the product and there were over 1.2 million Job applications.
Scientists discover green rice in Rice Bowl of India.
- A new variety of rice seed that is light green in colour is discovered in Chhattisgarh (Rice Bowl of India).
- The seed is given to the university by farmers from Dhamtari and Durg districts.
- Basing on the sample, the university scientists were conducting the study.
November 2016 Current Affairs – Latest Current Affairs
ICANN’s 57th annual general meeting took place in Hyderabad – Current Affairs November 2016
- The Internet Corporation of Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) runs the World Wide Web.
- It has begun its 7 days annual general meeting in Hyderabad.
- This is the first meeting after the US give up its operational authority over the internet in September last year.
- This is the second time India host the meeting after 2008.
- The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is a nonprofit organization that is responsible for coordinating the maintenance and procedures of several databases related to the namespaces of the Internet, ensuring the network’s stable and secure operation
Maharashtra becomes the first state to launch Cyber Police Stations in each Districts.
- Maharashtra is the first state in the country which will have a cyber police station in each district of the state.
- It is converting 42 states of the art cybercrime labs into cyber police stations to take on cyber criminals.
- Cybercrime wing is setting up 51 cybercrime labs in Maharashtra.
- These include the 34 labs at the district level, seven at Inspector General’s offices, nine at Commissioner of Police offices and one lab at the state police headquarters.
Lt Gen Satish Dua takes over as Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee (CISC).
- Lt Gen Satish Dua took over as Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to the Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee (CISC).
- He got Tri-Services Guard of Honour at the lawns of South Block.
- Lt Gen Satish Dua raised a new counter-terrorism formation of Assam Rifles (IGAR East) in the North East.
- He was also the Indian Defence Attache to Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos.
(November 2016 Current Affairs – Current Affairs of Nov 1st to 30th)
Current Updates – Current Affairs November 2016
Paris climate change agreement entered into force.
- The Paris agreement on climate change enters into force, marking the first time that governments have agreed legally binding limits to global temperature rise.
- The aim of more than two decades of often complex international negotiations on combating climate change was hailed by nations and observers around the world.
- Under the agreement, all governments that have signed the agreement, which includes the US, China, India and the EU, now carry a duty to hold global warming to no more than 2C above pre-industrial levels.
China successfully launches heavy-lift carrier rocket Long March – 5.
- China’s new heavy-lift rocket has made a takeoff bringing the nation one step closer to building its own space station.
- The rocket took off from the new Wenchang launch centre in China’s southernmost province of Hainan.
- After the Long March-5, China is planning to launch a series of 20-ton rockets, including the Long March-5, 6 and 7.
Assam govt inks MoU with Civil Aviation Ministry for Regional Connectivity Scheme.
- Chief Minister Sonowal and Civil Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapati Raju inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
- He inks MoU with the Union Ministry of Civil Aviation and Airport Authority of India under Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS).
- He made a request to make Guwahati Airport as a world-class airport.
- According to MoU, the Assam government shall reduce VAT to 1% or less on Aviation turbine fuel (ATF) at RCS Airports.
- The Assam Government will provide free land for the development of heliports in Diphu and Haflong.
Monthly Current Affairs November 2016
Kamala Harris set to become first Indian-American US Senator.
- Kamala Harris, California’s Attorney General, is on the cusp of becoming the first Indian- American Senator in the US Congress
- According to a report, 55 percent early voters chose Harris, 26 percent backed Sanchez and 14 percent said neither.
- Harris, who was born in Oakland, California, is the daughter of an Indian mother who emigrated from Chennai in 1960 and a Jamaican American father.
Current Affairs November 2016 – Twitter India MD Parminder Singh resigns.
- Twitter’s India and South-East Asia’s Managing Director Parminder Singh resigns after Rishi Jaitly exit from Twitter.
- He will be replaced by Maya Hari and the Middle East North Africa (MENA) region will be handled by Benjamin Ampen.
India to host IEF-IGU Ministerial Gas Forum in New Delhi.
- 5th IEF-IGU Ministerial Gas Forum will take place in New Delhi on 6 December 2016.
- It is supported by GAIL (India) Limited and the Natural Gas Society of India.
- Theme: “Gas for Growth; improving economic prosperity and living standards”.
- The International Energy Forum (IEF) and the International Gas Union (IGU) have set up this important dialogue platform amongst Ministers, CEOs and experts.
- There are aiming to better understand the current state of play in the global gas industry and how the gas sector can contribute to sustainable growth and secure energy future.
DRDO Signs MoU With IIT Delhi to Establish JATC.
- Defense Research & Development Organization (DRDO)signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi
- It signs MoU to establish a ‘Joint Advanced Technology Centre’ (JATC).
- JATC will be in the campus of IIT Delhi at the upcoming Science and Technology Park.
Current Affairs Today – Current Affairs November 2016
Indian Wushu Team Won 5 Medals in the 8th Sanda World Cup.
- Indian wushu team has won an impressive five medals, including four silvers and one bronze, in the eighth Sanda World Cup held at Xian, China.
- The event observed participation from 80 best Sanda players of 13th World Wushu Championship 2015.
- India was represented by five players, according to a Report.
- Arjuna Awardee and world silver medalist Y Sanathoi Devi won the silver for India.
- She won silver in the final of 52kg category lost to China’s Luan Zhang.
President of India Inaugurates Diamond Jubilee Celebration Of ECGC.
- The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee inaugurates the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations of ECGC.
- The inauguration of Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India Ltd took place in Delhi.
- The President said that the role of an Export Credit Agency (ECA) is of central importance in international trade.
Yatra Signs MoU With Uttarakhand To Promote Homestays.
- India’s branded network of hotels, Yatra has signs a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board (UTDB) to systematize and promote accommodation in Uttarakhand and develop tourism infrastructure.
- In the first phase of this association, OYO has systematized 15 accommodation which indicates with UTDB.
- The standardization process will follow by listing and marketing these properties on OYO’s well-established channels.
- OYO would grasp its expertise in transforming and standardizing hospitality real-estate units.
- It will make local accommodation better equipped to suit the need of visitors and tourists.
Current Affairs 2016 – November 2016 Current Events
Vinod Rai designated chairman FTAC, Kerala – Current Affairs November 2016
- Former Comptroller and Auditor General of India Vinod Rai takes the appointment as the chairman of the Fund Trustee and Advisory Commission (FTAC), Kerala.
- The appointment took place in a board meeting of Kerala Infrastructure Investment Fund Board (KIIFB) under the Chief Minister and Chairman, Pinarayi Vijayan.
- Mr Rai would be responsible to ensure proper utilization of the funds of KIIFB as well as protecting the interest of the investors.
- The board also appoints two other members of FTAC comprising former Deputy Governor, RBI, Usha Thorat, and Prakash Bakshi, former chairman of NABARD.
BIL-TASK inks MoU for setting financial education centre in Telangana – Current Affairs November 2016
- BSE Institute Ltd (BIL) enters into a MoU with the Telangana Academy for Skill and Knowledge.
- It enters into a MoU in ongoing CII Global Skill Summit, in Telangana, to set up a centre of excellence for the financial education centre in the state.
- The primary focus of the MoU will be on training and skilling of youth in the capital markets and finance sector in the state of Telangana.
Former CM ND Tiwari awarded with Uttarakhand Ratna Award.
- On the occasion of 17th foundation day, on November 10, 2016, the Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat gave the Uttarakhand Ratna Award to the former chief minister Narayan Dutt Tiwari at the Chief Minister’s residence.
- Tiwari had become the first elected chief minister of Uttarakhand after the 2002 Assembly polls, by beating then state Congress chief Rawat.
- Uttarakhand Ratna Award was given to 8 persons including six posthumously awards.
Current Affairs November 2016
Paytm buys Shopsity for offline boost.
- Online payments and e-commerce marketplace Paytm acquire Delhi company Shopsity to strengthen its offline retail network.
- The acquisition will aid Paytm’s target of reaching 4 million offline merchants by March 2017.
- Shopsity co-founders Danish Ahmed and Gaurav Aryahave join Paytm’s management.
Molinari Rail to Set Up Manufacturing Unit In India.
- Swiss-based Molinari Rail AG enters into a strategic agreement with the government of India to design, manufacture and deliver the auxiliary power units (APUs) for 1,000 diesel locomotives to be built in India for Indian Railways.
- According to the agreement, Molinari Rail will set up a manufacturing and assembly centre for auxiliary power units for diesel locomotives in India by 2017.
India’s Aditi Ashok becomes first Indian to win Ladies European Tour.
- The 18-year-old Indian golfer Aditi Ashok became the first Indian woman to win a Ladies European Tour title.
- Aditi shot an even-par 72 on the final day carrying a two-stroke overnight lead.
- She finished with a total score 3-under 213and won a prize of USD 60,000.
- Brittany and Belen finished tied second with identical totals of 2-under 214 after 54 holes.
Current Affairs November 2017 – GK Today Updates
Thiruvananthapuram becomes country’s ‘breast cancer capital’.
- Thiruvananthapuram became country’s breast cancer capital the Kerala Chapter of Indian Radiological and Imaging Association (IRIA) Conference.
- The city holds a record high of 40 per lakh of population.
- It is noted that 50 percent of breast cancer is occurring in the age group of under 50 years.
- The national average of incidence of breast cancer is 20 per lakh population, while the Kerala average was 14, but in the state capital, it stood at 40.
Current Affairs November 2016 – Nawaz Sharif inaugurates Gwadar port in Pakistan.
- Pakistan’s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif inaugurates a trade route linking southwestern Gwadar port to Kashgar city in China.
- He inaugurates it as part of $46 billion projects to jumpstart economic growth in the South Asian country on November 14, 2016.
- The first consignment under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor announced in 2014.
Golfer Chaurasia wins Asian Tour title in the Philippines – Current Affairs November 2016
- Indian golfer SSP Chaurasia(38) win the USD One million Resorts World Manila Masters in the Philippines.
- It is his first Asian Tour title outside India.
- He birdied the 18th playoff hole twice to clinch victory over Sam Chien of the United States and Malaysia’s Nicholas Fung.
Viswanathan Anand wins 2016 Champions Showdown in St Louis.
- Viswanathan Anand won the 2016 Champions Showdown against Hikaru Nakamura in in St Louis, USA on November.
- The tournament was played across five days, each competitor faced 24 matches.
- Anand won seven matches and drew 16.
Current Affairs November 2016
Federal Bank to open its first overseas branch in Dubai.
- Federal Bank receives Reserve Bank of India (RBI)’s permission to open its first international branch at the Dubai International Financial Centre, Dubai.
- The proposed branch at Dubai will help the Bank serve its Non-Resident clientele better.
- Federal Bank has an IFSC Banking Unit (IBU) in Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City). This bank has totally 1,252 branches and 1,524 ATMs in India.
Samsung Electronics Buys Auto-Systems Maker Harman For USD 8 Billion.
- South Korean company Samsung Electronics to acquire auto-systems maker Harman International Industries for USD 8 billion.
- It would be the Samsung’s biggest ever acquisition.
- Samsung will pay USD 112.00 per share in cash for the Stamford, Connecticut-based company.
Lewis Hamilton wins Brazilian Grand Prix.
- Lewis Hamilton, British Formula One racing driver from England, won the Brazilian Grand Prix.
- This race was his ninth win of 2016 with several high-speed accidents, two stoppages and five safety cars.
- Rosberg will secure the championship if he finishes third in Abu Dhabi on 27 November even if Hamilton wins.
Israel names the first ambassador to Turkey since 2010.
- Israel nominates a new ambassador to Turkey, it is first since the two countries normalized ties after the 2010 crisis triggered by Israel’s deadly storming of a Gaza-bound ship.
- Eitan Naeh was formally selected by a government committee, said foreign ministry spokesman Emmanuel.
India to host T20 Cricket World Cup for the Blind.
- India is to host the T20 Cricket World Cup for the Blind at nine different centres from January 31 to February 12, 2017.
- The tournament, to be organized by the Cricket Association for the Blind in India, is budgeted to cost Rs 24.5 crore, its president G K Mahantesh.