Current Affairs for the month of November is here. Students and professionals can use check this page for all your Current Affairs needs. This page acts as a complete reference guide for everything that can be asked in the Current Affairs section. Read Current Affairs November 2017.
Candidates preparing for any banking exams like IBPS, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, etc., and also for exams of RRB, SSC, UPSC and other public service commission exams. Recruitment.Guru has compiled all the Current Events of November month to help you guide you through the exams.
Recruitment.Guru has brought you Current Affairs November to guide you through any competitive exam or recruitment drive. Current Affairs for November month provides you with latest updates on current events from around the world.
The November month Current Affairs helps all the candidates preparing for IBPS, RRB, SSC, SBI, UPSC and other exams. So, improve your GK Quotient and ace that exam.
November Current Affairs 2017 – Date wise collections
Current Affairs 2017 November
November 2017 Current Affairs
Current Affairs 2017 November Updates on TMC, Reliance
TMC to launch the campaign against ‘Black Day’ in West Bengal on note ban anniversary.
- The ruling Trinamool Congress will launch a massive campaign across West Bengal to mark November 8, the first anniversary of demonetization as ‘Black Day.
- Protest rallies and street corner meetings will be organized throughout the week in each and every district of the state covering all the 77,000 booths of West Bengal.
- TMC’s protest programme will be part of the ‘Black Day’ campaign by several opposition parties on that day to highlight the ill-effects of demonetization on the economy.
- The TMC has also decided to use social media as part of the campaign program.
Pakistan plans to build several new nuclear reactors.
- Pakistan plans to build at least three to four big reactors as it targets nuclear power capacity of 8,800 megawatts (MW) by 2030.
- Till now Pakistan has five small reactors in operation with the combined capacity of just over 1300 MW.
- The last one in the four-reactor Chashma plant in Punjab province, built by China National Nuclear Corp (CNNC), went into operation in September this year.
Reliance Industries becomes the first company to cross Rs. 6 lakh crore market cap.
- Market valuation of Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) crossed the Rs. 6 lakh crore-mark at the close of trade on Wednesday, becoming the first company to reach this milestone.
- Reliance Industries shares closed 1.22 per cent higher at Rs. 952.30 on the BSE.
- On the NSE, the company’s stock rose by 1.24 percent to close at Rs. 952.55.
Current Affairs 2017 November – BRO, PayTM, CBDT
World’s highest motorable road constructed in Ladakh.
- The Border Roads Organization (BRO) has constructed the world’s highest motorable road in Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The road which is constructed will pass through Umlingla top at a height of over 19,300 feet.
- The feat was achieved under ‘Project Himank’ of the organization.
- The Project Himank has already constructed roads like Khardangu La at an altitude of 17,900 ft and Changla Pass at 17,695 ft in Leh by connecting Nobra valley and Durbuk valley in the cold desert.
Paytm takes on WhatsApp, launches ‘Inbox’, in-app messaging feature – Current Affairs November 2017
- India’s largest digital wallet app Paytm is all set to take on Facebook-owned WhatsApp as it announced the launch of in-app messaging facility
- Digital wallet Paytm will now let its 200 million users chat with each other and send and request money within the application.
- Paytm is using end-to-end encryption on messages, offering the same set of security protections as WhatsApp.
CBDT signs 7 more unilateral APAs with taxpayers.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has signed seven more advance pricing agreements (APAs) with Indian taxpayers.
- It is looking to reduce litigation by providing certainty in transfer pricing.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has entered into seven more Advance Pricing Agreements (APA) during October 2017.
- With the signing of these agreements, the total number of APAs entered into by the CBDT has gone up to 184, which includes 171 unilateral and 13 bilateral APA.
Current Affairs November 2017 – Army, RCom, etc,
Indian Army launches software to manage logistics.
- The Indian Army launches a software application to manage logistics at the unit level with speed, accuracy, and transparency.
- The development of Integrated Quarter Master Package is made by the Army Software Development Centre along with TCS.
- The army said the new application will play an important role in achieving automation of the Indian Army.
Former Trinamool leader Mukul Roy finally joins BJP.
- Mukul Roy the former Trinamool Congress leader joins BJP in Delhi.
- Roy stuck to the script he has been preparing for himself for some time by becoming the senior-most Trinamool politician to join the BJP.
- BJP leaders made it clear that Roy’s induction followed a go-ahead from Amit Shah himself.
RCom to shut voice calls from Dec 1 – Current Affairs November 2017
- Loss-making telecom operator Reliance Communications will shut down voice call service from December 1.
- The Reliance Communications customers can move to other networks by the end of the year, as per direction issued by telecom regulator Trai.
China made the agreement with Vietnam on managing South China Sea dispute.
- China and Vietnam have reached agreement on managing their dispute in the South China Sea through friendly talks.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping will visit Vietnam next week to attend a summit of Asia Pacific leaders.
- China and Vietnam have been at loggerheads over the South China Sea through which more than $3 trillion in cargo passes every year.
Current Affairs 2017 November
MHRD to organize National Workshop on School Education.
- Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD) is organizing a two-day National Workshop on School Education.
- It starts from 6th November 2017 to 7th November 2017 to bring together key stakeholders from various NGOs, private sector and individuals to deliberate on key themes in the education sector.
- The workshop will focus on the five themes of Digital Education, Physical Education, Value Education, Life Skills Education and Experiential Learning.
Nepal opens the bridge built with India help near China border – Current Affairs November 2017
- Nepal inaugurated a bridge built with India’s financial assistance of $430,626 on the Kaligandaki river near China border.
- The newly-constructed Reinforced Cement Concrete (RCC) bridge was inaugurated by Ambassador of India to Nepal Manjeev Singh Puri.
- The bridge at Jomsom area in Mustang district not only provides direct motorable connectivity to people of Mustang but also benefits thousands of tourists and pilgrim.
India beat China to win women’s Asia Cup hockey title.
- Indian women’s hockey team defeated China 5-4 in the shoot-out to win women’s Asia Cup hockey title.
- With this win, India booked their ticket to the FIH World Cup in 2018.
- India last won the Asia Cup title in 2004, when they beat Japan 1-0 in Delhi.
Current Affairs November 2017 – Railways
Railways launch the main arch on world’s highest bridge on Chenab.
- The Indian Railways launches the main arch of the world’s highest bridge on the River Chenab in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The iconic bridge will soar 359 meters above the bed of the River Chenab and will be 30 meters higher than the iconic Eiffel Tower in Paris.
- The bridge forms the crucial link in the 111-km stretch between Katra and Banihal which is part of the Udhampur- Srinagar-Baramulla section of the Kashmir Railway project.
Revenue secretary Hasmukh Adhia takes the appointment as finance secretary – Current Affairs November 2017
- Revenue secretary Hasmukh Adhia has been designated as the new finance secretary.
- Hasmukh Adhia is a 1981 batch IAS officer of Gujarat cadre.
- The vacancy is left After Ashok Lavasa left last month there is a vacancy for that position.
West Ham United sack their manager Slaven Bilic.
- West Ham United have sacked manager Slaven Bilic after they dropped into the relegation zone.
- The Croatian replaced Sam Allardyce in June 2015 and led West Ham to a seventh-place finish in his first season.
- Former Everton, Manchester United and Sunderland manager David Moyes, who is currently out of work, has been strongly linked with the position.
Current Affairs November 2017 – TN Politics, Fireball, Olympic
Kamal Hassan enters politics and brands himself as ‘Citizen K’ – Current Affairs November 2017
- Unlike Rajinikanth, actor Kamal Haasan has taken the political plunge.
- On his 63rd birthday, Kamal Haasan said he will undertake a tour of the state to understand people’s problems in the month of January.
- Branding himself as ‘Citizen K’ he said, I will be touring TN, not as an artist, but as citizen K.
- Kamal says he will give the party a name after meeting the people.
Syria joins Paris agreement on climate change.
- Syria made an announcement during the United Nations climate talks that it would sign the Paris agreement on climate change.
- The move came after Nicaragua signing the agreement last month.
- Now it will leave the United States as the only country that has rejected the global pact.
Stephen Hawking says the earth will turn into a fireball by 2600 – Current Affairs November 2017
- British physicist Stephen Hawking has warned that the human race will perish on Earth as growing population and massive power consumption.
- He says the above factor would turn the planet into a sizzling fireball in less than 600 years.
Olympic marathon champion Sumgong gets a four-year ban for EPO.
- Olympic marathon champion Jemima Sumgong of Kenya has been banned four years for using the banned blood-booster EPO.
- Sumgong’s ban was announced by the Anti-Doping Agency of Kenya.
- Last year, Sumgong became the first Kenyan woman to win Olympic gold in the marathon.
PMModi, Sehwag, Qatar News – Current Affairs November 2017
PM Modi, Sheikh Hasina and Mamata Banerjee flag off Kolkata-Khulna train service.
- A new passenger train service between Kolkata and Bangladesh’s southwestern industrial city of Khulna took the start on 10th Nov.
- It was flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Sheikh Hasina, and West Bengal chief minister.
- A fully air-conditioned weekly passenger train service ‘Bandhan Express’ will run every Thursday from both Kolkata and Khulna.
- They also inaugurated two bridges over the rivers Meghna and Titas in Bangladesh.
Virender Sehwag included in NADA’s Anti-Doping Appeal Panel – Current Affairs November 2017
- Legendary opener Virender Sehwag and former Delhi player Vinay Lamba have been made members of the Anti-Doping Appeal Panel (ADAP) of the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA).
- Sehwag and Lamba, who played 76 first-class matches for Delhi between 1967 and 1981, are in the six-member panel headed by retired judge R V Easwar.
Qatar appoints women to Shura Council for the first time.
- Qatar appointed women to one of its most important consultative bodies, the Shura Council, for the first time in the country’s history.
- The announcement comes as Qatar continues to deal with the impact of the worst and most bitter diplomatic crisis in the Gulf for years.
- The women who got the appointment are Hessa al-Jaber, Aisha Yousef al-Mannai, Hind Abdul Rahman al-Muftah and Reem al-Mansoori.
- These four women will sit on the 45-strong council, which is responsible for discussing draft laws approved by the cabinet.
Odisha & WB, UNESCO – Current Affairs November 2017
Odisha and West Bengal to organize joint security exercise ‘Sagar Kavach’.
- The governments of Odisha and West Bengal will organize a joint security exercise called ‘Sagar Kavach’ to tighten the coastal security along their 630 km long coastline.
- “Sagar Kavach” exercise is a drill to check the efficiency and preparedness of various security forces like the Indian Navy, Marine police force, Indian Coast Guard (ICG), Forest Department, Fisheries and district administration.
- Personnel from the Indian Navy, Coast Guard at Paradip and Haldia, 18 marine police stations in Odisha and 12 police stations in West Bengal will be participating in the exercise.
- The teams of Customs and port officials, fisheries department officials will also take part in the drill.
- West Bengal Coast Guard Commander MA Warsi said the drill is to re-evaluate the existing Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) mechanisms.
Former French culture minister to head UNESCO – Current Affairs November 2017
- UNESCO member states approved the nomination of France’s former culture minister Audrey Azoulay to head the agency.
- Audrey Azoulay, 45, became UNESCO’s second woman director general.
- Azoulay was the culture minister under former president Francois Hollande, she will succeed Irina Bokova, who was UNESCO’s first woman director and whose second term expires this month.
- Azoulay narrowly defeated Hamad bin Abdulaziz Al-Kawari of Qatar, also a former culture minister, in last month’s election.
NRDWP, CRI – Current Affairs November 2017
Union Cabinet approved a new revamped National Rural Drinking Water Programme.
- To make sure the state governments implement the rural drinking water supply programme effectively, the Cabinet approved the restructuring of National Rural Drinking Water Programme (NRDWP).
- The states will have to implement the programme to be sustainable and functional, the states will have to invest 25 percent of the budget, and Center will reimburse them later.
- The reimbursement of the states’ expenditure has been introduced to make sure that states make more efforts to ensure the scheme gets the desired results.
- The Cabinet approved Rs 23,000 crore for the drinking water programme till the year 2019-20.
- 2 percent of the funds will be earmarked for Japanese Encephalitis/Acute Encephalitis-affected areas.
- The programme will focus on areas hit by arsenic, fluoride iron, nitrate and salinity problems.
India stands at sixth position for being the most vulnerable country facing extreme weather events.
- India ranks in sixth position as a most vulnerable country in the world on Global Climate Risk Index (CRI) 2018.
- The index was released by an independent Berlin-based development and environmental organization, Germanwatch.
- The United States is at 10th position with Chinese Taipei, Macedonia, and Bolivia being the other three countries on the list of top ten.
Final Glimpse on GST, BS-VI from Current Affairs 2017 November
New GST rates got effective from November 15.
- Over 200 items, most of them used for daily use, are set to get cheaper and restaurant bills to come down.
- The GST Council in its 23rd meeting last week approved the biggest ever change to the tax rates since the new indirect tax regime came into effect from July 1.
- Under the changes, effective from November 15, 178 everyday items will get taxed at the lower rate of 18 percent, from the 28 percent.
- Many companies have said that they will pass on the GST rate cut benefits to consumers but there will be a transition time before the new price is available in the market.
- The GST Council lowered the tax rate of restaurants to a uniform 5 percent from 12 percent on non-AC restaurants and 18 percent on air-conditioned one
Centre decides to switch to BS-VI fuels from April – Current Affairs November 2017
- Delhi will run on BS-VI (Bharat Stage-VI) grade petrol and diesel from April 1 next year.
- The country currently runs on BS-IV grade fuels and was to switch over to BS-VI grade from April 1, 2020.
Indian and Japanese Space agencies to partner for a joint Lunar mission.
- India and Japan are discussing on a partnership for providing inputs on weather-monitoring parameters and on a joint lunar mission.
- ISRO chairman AS Kiran Kumar announced at the Asia Pacific Regional Space Agency Forum 24 conference that ISRO is looking at a possible joint lunar mission and generating inputs for climate change studies.
- All space agencies are looking to make access to space cheaper for many activities including power generation.
- Hence, almost all agencies are working towards making the cost of access to space cheaper and cheaper.
Daily Current affairs – November 2017 Current Affairs
Xiaomi will set up more Indian manufacturing units in 2018.
- Xiaomi says it is ready to take “Make in India” to the next level by setting up more manufacturing units across the country from next year.
- The company announced its third manufacturing plant in the country based out of Noida.
- The Chinese smartphone maker made an announcement of two power banks that will get manufacture at the Noida facility.
ISRO to launch the first privately built Indian rocket to space by 2021.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) is planning a joint venture with many companies where a space rocket will be completely built by the private industry.
- Isro chairman A S Kiran Kumar said the target for such a (fully privately built) launch vehicle is 2020-21. Isro will be part of the JV.
- Till now, Isro was the only manufacturer of the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle.
- In the two decades since PSLV’s debut launch, Isro has launched 39 consecutive successful missions.
BRICS bank approves $ 400 million loans for India and Russia – Current Affairs November 2017
- The Shanghai-based BRICS New Development Bank (NDB) has approved two infrastructure and sustainable development projects in India and Russia with loans of $ 400 million.
- The loans will be used to rehabilitate the Indira Gandhi canal system in India.
- The amount will be useful in building a toll transport corridor connecting Ufa city centre to the M-5 federal highway in Russia.
Current Affairs 2017 November PDF
Saudi Arabia agrees to buy $7 billion in precision munitions from U.S. firms.
- Saudi Arabia has agreed to buy about $7 billion worth of precision-guided munitions from U.S. defence contractors, sources familiar with the matter said.
- Raytheon Co and Boeing Co are the companies selected in a deal that was part of a $110 billion weapons agreement.
- Both companies declined to comment on the weapons sale.
German camera maker Leica enters Indian market.
- Germany-based camera maker Leica on Thursday announced its entry into the Indian market.
- The company will initially focus on metro cities as a part of its objective to open destination centres with its range of cameras.
- Having its Headquarters in Wetzlar, Germany, the company is a premium segment manufacturer of cameras and also has a production site in Portugal.
Delhi government asks NCERT to include the chapter on tobacco in school syllabus.
- Delhi’s State Tobacco Control Cell has urged the NCERT to incorporate a chapter on tobacco control in curriculums of the CBSE and other educational boards for classes 6 to 12.
- Additional director in the Health Department, Dr S K Arora said the WHO estimated that of the 1,000 teenagers who smoke currently, 500 would eventually die of tobacco-related diseases.
Current Affairs November 2017 – Daily Current Updates
Snehlata Shrivastava is first woman Secretary General of Lok Sabha.
- Snehlata Shrivastava, a 1982-batch retired IAS officer of the Madhya Pradesh cadre, takes the appointment as the first woman Secretary General of the Lok Sabha.
- Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan appoints her for the post.
- Shrivastava will replace Anoop Mishra, who is retiring on November 30.
- Shrivastava has served as Secretary in the Ministry of Law and Justice and also as Special/Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Finance.
Alfa Romeo to become Sauber title sponsor.
- Alfa Romeo is returning to Formula One after a 30-year absence as backers of Sauber next year.
- The Ferrari team will get the new name as Alfa Romeo Sauber.
- Alfa Romeo won the inaugural F1 championship with Nino Farina in 1950 and followed up with legendary Argentinian Juan Manuel Fangio winning the 1951 title.
Candidates read the latest updates of Current Affairs November 2017 from the above article. Make use of the November Current Affairs 2017 which will help you to gain more General Knowledge. In Current Affairs 2017 November month we are providing with important National International and other News happening around the world. November Current Affairs 2017 will contain all the information that you are looking for. Reading the Current Affairs 2017 November will be helpful in getting more marks in all competitive exams like UPSC, IBPS, SSC and other railway exams.