Aspirants we have collected the Valuable Information of Current Affairs October 2017 for all Candidates who are preparing for Competitive Examinations. Here we have mentioned the full October 2017 Current Affairs Explanation and Highlights. The Current Affairs of October 2017 helps candidates to crack the Government and Competitive Exam like IBPS, SBI, RRB Etc., Students can also get the Current Affairs October 2017 Pdf from This Page. We also Provided the October 2017 Current Affairs pdf download. Read the October 2017 Current news which will help you to score better marks in UPSC, SSC, IBPS and various other national exams.
Current affairs October 2017- Date-wise Collections
|Date||Current Affairs News||Current Affairs Questions||Current Affairs Quiz|
October 2017 Current Affairs
Current Affairs October 2017 – Latest Current Events Updates
Current Affairs October 2017
October 2017 Current Affairs – Important Updates October 2017
Govt to celebrate Swachh Bharat Diwas on Monday on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanthi.
- The third anniversary of the Swachh Bharat Mission was celebrated as Swachh Bharat Diwas on October 2nd on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanthi.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be the chief guest of the event to mark the start of 15 days intensive Swachhta drive.
- The government has maintained that Swachh Bharat will be the biggest tribute to Gandhiji.
President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurates Shirdi Airport.
- President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurates the newly-built airport at Shirdi in Maharashtra Ahmednagar district.
- Ram Nath Kovind dedicates the Shirdi airport to the people.
- The aerodrome development is done by Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC).
India opens two border crossing with Bangladesh and Myanmar.
- India opens two immigration check posts along the borders with Myanmar and Bangladesh.
- It opens it as a reflection of its growing closeness with the two eastern neighbours.
- India shares a 1,643-km-long border with Myanmar which touches Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur and Mizoram.
Current Affairs Today – Current Affairs October 2017
Germany celebrates first gay marriage.
- Germany celebrated its first same-sex weddings yesterday.
- It celebrates after a new law came into force putting gay and lesbian couples on an equal legal footing with heterosexual couples.
- The move comes three months after lawmakers voted to legalise same-sex unions.
Close to Arunachal Border China opens a new highway in Tibet.
- China opens a 409-km new expressway costing about $5.8 billion linking Tibet provincial capital Lhasa with Nyingchi, which is close to Arunachal Pradesh border.
- The expressway cuts Lhasa-Nyingchi travel time from eight to five hours at a speed limit of 80 km per hour.
- The 409-km toll-free expressway has linked the two major cities which are also tourist attractions in Tibet.
The Union Government reduced the excise duty on petrol and diesel by ₹2 per litre.
- The government reduced the excise duty on petrol and diesel by ₹2 per litre to reduce the impact of rising international prices of crude oil.
- Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan announced that the rate cuts will be implemented from October 4th.
Current Affairs October 2017 – Current News and Events October 2017
Dr Soumya Swaminathan takes the appointment as Deputy Director General of World Health Organisation.
- Dr Soumya Swaminathan is the director-general of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- Swaminathan is a paediatrician and clinical scientist known for her research on tuberculosis.
- Swaminathan is the daughter of Dr M S Swaminathan known as the father of India’s green revolution.
- Director-General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus announced the new WHO leadership team.
PhonePe received Rs 255 crores investment from Flipkart.
- Flipkart’s payments platform PhonePe received Rs 255 crore funding from Singapore-based Flipkart Payments Pvt Ltd.
- PhonePe also received Rs 186 crore as funding, as per the Registrar of Companies (RoC) documents.
Sequoia Capital India and Helion Ventures invest in online marketplace Zefo.
- Zefo, an online marketplace for secondhand furniture and appliances, has raised Rs 60 crore investment.
- The company plans to use the funds for warehousing, logistics and product refurbishment.
- Rohit Ramasubramanian, co-founder of Zefo, said the company will expand in furniture, large appliances and the newly launched mobile phones business.
- It currently operates in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Mysuru.
- It has partnered with Amazon, Flipkart, Urban Ladder, Home Town, and Godrej.
Daily Current affairs – Current Affairs October 2017
Wipro Digital acquires US firm Cooper for $8.5 million.
- Wipro Digital has acquired San Francisco design and business strategy firm Cooper for $8.5 million.
- Cooper will join Designit, Wipro Digital’s strategic design arm, and grow its footprint in North America.
- Cooper, which counts Starbucks and Google as customers, is found by Sue and Alan Cooper in 1992.
India and Ethiopia sign agreements on trade and communication.
- Ethiopia and India sign an agreement on trade, communication to boost their bilateral ties.
- India thanks Ethiopia for its participation in the International Solar Alliance (ISA), established in 2015.
- Kovind visit is the first by an Indian president to Ethiopia in 45 years since President V V Giri trip in 1972.
India and the European Union adopted a Joint Statement on Cooperation to Combat Terrorism.
- EU and India adopted a Joint Statement on Cooperation at the 14th India-EU summit to Combat Terrorism.
- The joint statement is made by PM Narendra Modi, Donald Tusk, President of the European Council, and Jean Claude Juncker, President of the European Commission.
- The leaders agreed to take action against terror entities such as Lashkar-e-Taiba, Jaish-e-Mohammad, Hizbul-Mujahideen, Haqqani Network, al-Qaida and the ISIS.
October 2017 Current Affairs – Current Affairs Updates
PM Narendra Modi lays foundation stone for Bhadbhut Barrage over Narmada River and flags off Antyodaya Express.
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of Bhadbhut Barrage over the Narmada river on the second day of his Gujarat tour.
- At a public meeting held in Bharuch PM Modi also flagged off the Udhna-Jaynagar Antyodaya Express via video link.
- After laying the foundation stone PM Modu inaugurated various plants of Gujarat Narmada Fertilizer Corporation Ltd.
- PM Modi says that the Antyodaya Express is a commendable initiative by the Railway Ministry.
- He also added the train will make it easier for people from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar to go home for Chhath Puja.
In Kerala State President Ram Nath Kovind launches Mata Amritanandamayi Math Project Jeevamritham.
- President Ram Nath Kovind launched Mata Amritanandamayi Math’s Rs 100 crore clean water initiative for rural India.
- He launched it at the math headquarters in the coastal hamlet of Vallikkavu.
- Kovind, who is on his maiden visit to the southern state after assuming office, inaugurated the ‘Jivamritam’ filtration system.
- ‘Jivamritam’ filtration system will provide clean drinking water to 10 million villagers across the nation.
- The programme was organised as part of the 64th birthday celebrations of spiritual leader Mata Amritanandamayi Devi, popularly known as ‘Amma’ among her devotees.
As per Current Affairs October 2017 Axis Bank appoints Sangram Singh as CEO of Freecharge.
- The country’s third largest private sector lender Axis Bank says it has acquired payments wallet Freecharge for Rs 373 crore in an all-cash deal.
- After that Axis bank appoints Sangram Singh the CEO of Freecharge.
- Freecharge presently has a revenue of about Rs 80 crore.
- Snapdeal had bought Freecharge in April 2015 for an estimation amount of USD 400 million or over Rs 2,500 crore at current rates.
Current Affairs October 2017 – Latest Current Events Updates
Kundan Shah the famous filmmaker passed away.
- Veteran director Kundan Shah, who is best known for the dark comedy Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro, passed away.
- He had studied direction at the Film and Television Institute of India in Pune and made his feature film debut in 1983.
- In 1983 he made a debut with the cult classic Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro.
- He made his directorial debut on television in 1986 with the popular series Nukkad.
General Insurance Corporation of India to launch it’s IPO on October 11.
- General Insurance Corporation of India will launch its initial public offerings (IPO) of Rs 11,370 crore.
- The IPO will be available from October 11 to 13. The price band for the IPO is fix at Rs 855-912 per share.
- The lead managers for the IPO are Axis Capital, Citigroup, Deutsche India, HSBC Securities and Kotak Capital.
IndiGrid has acquired three transmission lines from Sterlite Power for Rs 1,490 crore.
- India’s first infrastructure investment trust (InvIT) in the power sector, IndiGrid has acquired three transmission lines from its sponsor Sterlite Power.
- The transmission lines acquired are RAPP Transmission in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh, Purulia & Kharagpur Transmission in West Bengal and Jharkhand, and Maheshwaram Transmission in Telangana.
- IndiGrid owns 10 independent revenue-generating assets that include eight transmission lines and two power sub-stations.
Latest News and Events – Current Affairs October 2017
Germany says that India and EU failed to realize trade potential.
- India and Europe have failed to realise their potential says Germany.
- Addressing journalists in an annual India-Germany media dialogue, Martin Ney, German ambassador expressed his disappointment.
- He says there are good reasons for India to engage EU in a deeper way than before.
Nobel in Economics Is Awarded to Richard Thaler.
- One of the founding fathers of nudge theory, which helps to boost British tax receipts has been awarded the 2017 Nobel prize for economics.
- Richard Thaler co-wrote a bestselling book on the nudge concept read by politicians around the world.
- The Nobel committee, announcing the award in Stockholm, says it was honouring Professor Thaler for his pioneering work in establishing that people are predictably irrational.
Chhattisgarh Government bans the use of firecrackers with high decibel levels.
- The Chhattisgarh government imposes a ban on the use of firecrackers with high decibels and those highly contributing to air pollution during Diwali.
- Moreover, as per the circular, the bursting of the firecrackers will be prohibited between 10 pm to 6 am.
- The official says a distance of at least 100 metres should be maintained from hospitals, educational institutes, religious places while bursting crackers.
- Yesterday, the Supreme Court had banned the sale of firecrackers in Delhi-NCR till November 1.
Current Affairs October 2017 – Latest Current Updates
Virat Kohli records first-ever duck in T20Is.
- Indian skipper Virat Kohli fails to open his account in the second Twenty20 international against Australia in Guwahati.
- He has his first-ever duck in the T20Is after playing for 47 innings in 51 matches.
- Aussie pacer Jason Behrendorff dismissed Kohli for the duck in his 48th innings.
- Before Kohli, it was Pakistani batsman Shoaib Malik who held the record of taking most number of innings (40) to get out on duck in the Twenty20 cricket.
Robben retires from international football after Netherlands miss world cup.
- Arjen Robben has announced his retirement from international football following the Netherlands’s failure to make the 2018 World Cup.
- Arjen Robben who is 33-year-old made his debut with the national team in 2003.
- Robben finishes his international career adding 29 assists to his 37 goals.
Anupam Kher takes the appointment as new FTII’s chairman.
- Gajendra Chauhan the chief of India’s premier film and television school appoints actor Anupam Kher as the chairman of the Film and Television Institute of India.
- Kher replaces Chauhan, whose selection in 2014 ran into rough weather.
- Anupam Kher has led NSD and the Central Board of Film Certification in the past.
October 2017 Current Affairs – Daily Current Affairs
IGL launches prepaid smart cards for CNG, cooking gas.
- Indraprastha Gas Ltd, the sole supplier of CNG and piped natural gas in the national capital region, launches pre-paid smart cards to provide consumers with a digital option for making payments.
- Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan says the launch of the new cards is part of Digital India Campaign by PM Modi.
- He says that is a good move towards a less-cash society.
- IGL Smart Card is a prepaid Near Field Communication (NFC) enable card for fleet and retail CNG customers.
Bengaluru to be the first Aadhaar-enabled airport in the country by Dec 2018 – Current Affairs October 2017
- The Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) has given the push to its plan.
- The plan is to make Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) the country’s first airport to have complete Aadhaar-enabled entry and biometric boarding system.
- According to the Request For Proposal (RFP) issued by BIAL, the airport is expected to be completely Aadhaar-enabled by December 2018.
- The new move will speed up the validation process and provide a significant increase in security.
Minister of Commerce & Industry Suresh Prabhu kick-starts Make in India: Sweden 2017.
- Suresh Prabhu has invited Swedish firms to explore business opportunities in India and assured potential investors all support.
- According to the Commerce Ministry statement, the “Make in India: Sweden 2017” event began on Thursday in Stockholm in order to enhance Indo-Swedish cooperation.
- The Indian delegation for the two-day event is being led by Prabhu and includes Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.
Current Affairs Today – Daily Current Events
Indian Air Force launches the Mobile Health App MedWatch.
- On the occasion of its 85th anniversary, the Indian Air Force launches an innovative mobile health App named MedWatch.
- They launched the application in keeping with the Prime Minister’s vision Digital India.
- MedWatch, available on the IAF’s AFCEL network, comprises a host of features that will provide authentic health information to all IAF personnel.
- MedWatch, the first mobile health app in the three Armed Services, was launched by Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa.
Ireland to make Test debut against Pakistan in 2018. – Current Affairs October 2017
- Ireland will play their first ever Test match against Pakistan on home soil next May.
- Afghanistan and Ireland became full members of the International Cricket Council (ICC) in June, taking the number of countries who play the five-day format of the game from 10 to 12.
- Irish captain William Porterfield welcomed confirmation of the match, saying: “It’s fantastic news for Irish cricket.
India ranked 100th among 119 as hunger gets worse.
- As per the Global Hunger Index India has been ranked 100th among 119 developing countries in the world.
- India is behind North Korea, Bangladesh but ahead of Pakistan.
- India was ranked 97th last year.
- Among India’s neighbouring countries, China ranks the highest at 29.
Current Affairs October 2017 – Current Affairs Today
Gautam Bambawale takes the appointment as the new ambassador to China.
- Seasoned diplomat Gautam Bambawale, India’s high commissioner to Pakistan, takes the appointment as the country’s next envoy to China.
- Gautam Bambawale will replace Vijay Gokhale.
- He has also functioned as the Deputy Chief of Mission of the Indian Embassy in Beijing.
Srinivas Phatak is new CFO of Hindustan Unilever (HUL).
- HUL India’s largest packaged consumer goods maker has appointed Srinivas Phatak as chief financial officer and executive director of finance and information technology.
- He is currently vice president (VP)-finance services, at Unilever NV.
- He replaces P.B. Balaji who made an announcement about his resignation last month and will join Tata Motors Ltd as CFO.
Bruce Arena resigns as USA coach after failure to reach World Cup – Current Affairs October 2017
- Bruce Arena has stepped down as coach of the US men’s national team after they failed to qualify for next summer’s World Cup.
- His team ended in a 2-1 defeat to Trinidad & Tobago in the qualification campaign.
- This means that the US missed out on the World Cup for the first time since 1986.
Yes Bank partners with Abu Dhabi Global Markets for collaboration on fintech.
- Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM), the International Financial Centre in Abu Dhabi, and Yes Bank have signed a memorandum of understanding.
- They sign MoU to further foster cross-border exchange between the fintech ecosystems of the United Arab Emirates and India.
- The partnership with Abu Dhabi Global Markets will act as a springboard to create a borderless ecosystem for technology and talent, say Yes Bank CEO.
Current News and Events – October 2017
Tractor sales for 2017 set to break the record of 2013-2014.
- Tractor sales are on the rise due to near normal monsoon.
- After four years, tractor sales set to break the record of 6.27 lakh units set in 2013-14.
- Binaifer Jehani, Director at the research firm Crisil Research said they are expecting a growth of 11-13%, and sales up to 6.45 lakh units.
- Sales in August broke the all-time record for the month with a 34.4% increase and followed by September with 50.2%.
- India’s largest tractor maker, Mahindra & Mahindra, alone sold 44,000 units in September.
- International Tractors (ITL), makers of Sonalika tractors, sold 50,002 units during April-September.
Amazon invests Rs. 1,620 crores in Amazon Seller Services – Current Affairs October 2017
- Seattle-based Amazon Inc has invested another Rs 1,620 crore in Amazon Seller Services.
- According to documents filed with the Registrar of Companies (RoC), Amazon Singapore and Amazon Mauritius invested in the company last month.
- Amazon increased its capital commitment to $5 billion for India, it has invested over $2 billion in its Indian operations.
- Amazon recently launched its voice-based service Alexa with Echo speakers and will launch the Prime music soon.
Snapdeal’s CFO Anup Vikal quits.
- Anup Vikal, the chief financial officer (CFO) and general counsel of Jasper Infotech, which owns and operates Snapdeal, has resigned from the company.
- Vikal had joined Snapdeal in October 2015 from Aircel, where he also led the telecom operator’s finance operations.
- He may join Essar Oil, which was acquired by Russian energy behemoth Rosneft, Trafigura and United Capital Partners for $12.9 billion in 2016.
- Before joining Aircel, Vikal was the group CFO and head of IT and strategy at InterGlobe Enterprises, which owns and operates IndiGo airlines.
Current Affairs October 2017
First floating wind farm starts operation in Scotland
- The world’s first floating wind farm started operations off the coast of Scotland.
- The 30MW Hywind farm, operated by Norwegian oil group Statoil in partnership with Abu Dhabi’s renewable energy company Masdar.
- It is located 25 kilometres (16 miles) off the Aberdeenshire coast.
- It will power approximately 20,000 households.
Bengaluru FC fails to reach AFC Cup final – Current Affairs October 2017
- Bengaluru FC’s bid to reach the AFC Cup final for the second consecutive year.
- They ended in a 2-2 draw by FC Istiklol of Tajikistan in the second leg of the Inter-Zone final.
- In the summit clash on November 4, Istiklol faces defending champions Air Force Club if Iraq to whom Bengaluru had lost in last year’s final.
Messi reaches 100 European goals with a win over Olympiakos.
- Lionel Messi reaches 100 goals in European competition with a stunning free-kick to put Barcelona closer to victory against Olympiakos.
- Messi becomes only the second player to attain the milestone after Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Cristiano Ronald has scored a total of 113 in all European club competitions.
October 2017 Current Affairs
Environment Ministry to set up exclusive channel – DD Prakriti.
- DD Prakriti, an exclusive nature channel to promoting nature conservation films in India made by Indians, will be launched in 2018.
- The channel will continue through the period of the National Wildlife Action Plan (NWAP), effective till 2031.
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC), has recommended the setting up of the exclusive channel DD-Prakriti in collaboration with the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, and Doordarshan to promote awareness about nature conservation.
India, Brazil and South Africa sign the IBSA Trust Fund agreement – Current Affairs October 2017
- India, Brazil and South Africa (IBSA) have signed the IBSA Trust Fund Agreement that aims to fight poverty in developing countries.
- It was signed at the 8th IBSA trilateral Ministerial Commission Meeting in Durban, South Africa.
- It is an international tripartite grouping for promoting international cooperation among these countries.
Spice Jet to provide electricity to 70 households in Assam’s Majuli.
- Low-cost carrier SpiceJet will provide electricity to the remote village of Baruahchuck in Majuli district of Assam.
- It will set up a ‘solar microgrid’ in 75 days, which provides electricity to approximately 70 households, one school, an Anganwadi, two temples and street lights.
- The airline has adopted the village of Baruahchuck for the ‘Roshan Hoga Desh Hamara‘ scheme launched on Diwali.
- Baruahchuck is recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records as the world’s largest river island, it is situated close to the Brahmaputra river.
- Ajay Singh SpiceJet’s chairman and Managing Director said “On occasions like these, we remember our fellow countrymen who are not as fortunate as us. This Diwali we wanted to try and light up the lives of those who have never had electricity.”
Current Affairs October 2017
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe swept to a comfortable victory in Elections.
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe swept to a comfortable victory in a snap election Sunday.
- According to a projection published by the private broadcaster, Abe’s conservative coalition was on track to win 311 seats in the 465-seat parliament.
Robert Mugabe removed as WHO goodwill envoy after public outrage.
- Robert Mugabe Removed as WHO Goodwill Envoy After Public Outrage.
- He was removed following outrage among Western donors and rights groups at his appointment.
- WHO’s decision to appoint Robert Mugabe as the goodwill envoy was seen as “poor judgement.
BRO opens another Bridge close to China Border – Current Affairs October 2017
- To improve road connectivity to areas close to the Line of Actual Control (LAC) with China in Ladakh region, the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) opened a newly-constructed bridge in the cold desert region in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Project Himank of the BRO today dedicated the bridge to the people of the cold desert, it is the third such bridge in a month constructed by the BRO.
- Chief engineer of Project Himank, Brigadier D M Purvimath, inaugurated the 30-metre heavy bridge over the Linche river on Leh-Loma road.
- The Leh-Loma road connects to various link roads along the Line of Actual Control and is being developed as per National Highway Double Lane (NHDL) specification.
Tata Steel, Essar Group and ArcelorMittal bids to acquire Essar Steel.
- Top global players such as Tata Steel, Essar Group and Arcelor Mittal have submitted bids to acquire the debt—laden Essar Steel which is going through the insolvency resolution process.
- Essar Steel India Ltd., is an integrated steel producer with an installed capacity of 10 million tonne per annum (MTPA).
- It is undergoing Corporate Insolvency Resolution Process (CIRP) under the provisions of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code.
- The expression of interest (EoI) for the company was invited by October 23.
Today Current Affairs Updates
Candidates read the latest updates of Current Affairs October 2017 from the above article. Make use of the October 2017 Current Affairs which will help you to gain more General Knowledge. In October 2017 Current Affairs we are providing with important National International and other News happening around the world. 2017 October Current Affairs will contain all the information that you are looking for. Reading the October Current Affairs 2017 will be helpful in getting more marks in all competitive exams like UPSC, IBPS, SSC and other railway exams.