Aspirants we have collected the Valuable Information of Current Affairs September 2017 for all Candidates who are preparing for Competitive Examinations. Here we have mentioned the full September 2017 Current Affairs Explanation and Highlights. The Current Affairs of September 2017 helps candidates to crack the Government and Competitive Exam like IBPS, SBI, RRB Etc., Students can also get the Current Affairs September 2017 Pdf from This Page. We also Provided the September 2017 Current Affairs pdf download. Read the September 2017 Current news which will help you to score better marks in UPSC, SSC, IBPS and various other national exams.
Current Affairs September 2017
Current affairs September 2017- Date-wise Collections
|Date||Current Affairs News||Current Affairs Questions||Current Affairs Quiz|
(September 2017 Current Affairs – Current Affairs of Sep 1st to 30th)
Important Updates – Current Affairs September 2017
Assam State govt extends Afspa for the first time in 27 years.
- For the first time in 27 years since the Armed Forces Act was promulgated in the state government extends the term of the Act for six months from September 1.
- This is for the first time in Assam’s history that the state government has on its own extended the term of the Act for six months from September 1.
- Apart from the state, the Act is in force in Nagaland, Manipur, Tirap, Changlang and Longding districts of Arunachal.
Allahabad airport may get new terminal before Jan 2019 Ardh Kumbh.
- Airports Authority of India decides to build a terminal at the defense air base of Allahabad.
- They are trying to build it before the city hosts the Ardh Kumbh in January 2019.
- Meanwhile, Rajkot in Gujarat will get a new airport.
Ajanta Pharma launches pain relief tablets in the US.
- The Ajanta Pharma made an announcement of the launch of eletriptan hydrobromide tablets, used to treat headaches, in the US market.
- Ajanta Pharma launches the product in two strengths, 20 mg, and 40 mg tablets
- So far Ajanta Pharma launched 14 products in the US market
RNSS-1H satellite launch is unsuccessful says ISRO.
- India attempt to launch its eighth regional navigation satellite failed on Thursday.
- The IRNSS-1H satellite didn’t come out of the heat shield as it should have, though the rocket lift off was as planned.
- IRNSS-1H was being sent to space to back up and mostly replace the functions of India’s first navigation satellite.
Current Affairs September 2017 – Updated Information
Rajiv Gauba is new Home Secretary.
- Senior IAS officer Rajiv Gauba took charge as the Union Home Secretary.
- He took charge after incumbent of Rajiv Mehrishi.
- Before being given the new assignment he is serving as Secretary in the Union Urban Development Ministry.
Sunil Arora takes the appointment as the new Election Commissioner.
- Sunil Arora the former bureaucrat takes the appointment as the Election Commissioner.
- In July after Nasim Zaidi takes retirement as Chief Election Commissioner there was a vacancy in the poll panel.
- He served as Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Civil Aviation during 1999-2002.
Former Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi takes the appointment as Top Auditor.
- Rajiv Mehrishi the Senior bureaucrat takes the appointment to lead the country top audit body Comptroller and Auditor General.
- The former Union Home Secretary will replace Shashi Kant Sharma whose term ends on September 23.
- Mehrishi is the first Home Secretary to complete his two-year tenure after the NDA government came to power.
Current Affairs September 2017
- The BJP names Mahendra Nath Pandey, the Union Minister of State for Human Resource Development, as the next chief of its Uttar Pradesh unit.
- Mahendra Nath Pandey will replace Keshav Prasad Maurya, Uttar Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister.
- Pandey is a Lok Sabha member from Chandauli.
Donald Trump will nominate Kenneth Juster as US ambassador to India.
- President Trump has nominates economic expert Kenneth Juster to be the US ambassador to India.
- Kenneth Juster recently served as the Deputy Assistant to the President for International Economic Affairs and Deputy Director of the National Economic Council.
- Juster has also served as Chairman of Harvard University Weatherhead Center for International Affairs, and as Vice Chairman of The Asia Foundation.
In Shanghai, China opens first civilian drone base.
- The Civil Aviation Administration of China made an announcement of the opening of the country’s first test-flight base for civilian drones in Shanghai.
- According to the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association of China, there are over 120,000 registered drones in the country.
- Controlling almost 70 percent of market share China has approximately 500 drone manufacturers.
Current Affairs September 2017 – Current Affairs News
US Ban On North Korea Travel Comes Into Force.
- Washington’s ban on US citizens traveling to North Korea came into force on 1st September 2017.
- The measure came into force following the death of student Otto Warmbier in June
Vedanta limited to invest Rs. 50,000 crore on India business expansion.
- Vedanta Resources the Metals and mining company plans to invest around Rs. 50,000 crores on business expansion in India.
- The Vedanta is a major player in India Zinc Industry, primary Aluminium market, and refined copper.
- It is India’s largest private sector Iron Ore exporter and operator of 26 percent of India’s crude oil production through Cairn India.
Rajiv Kumar takes charge as Niti Aayog vice-chairman
- Rajiv Kumar the senior fellow at the Centre for Policy Research takes charge as Niti Aayog Vice Chairman.
- He replaced Arvind Panagariya, an Indian-American economist.
- Rajiv Kumar was a member of the National Security Advisory Board between 2006 and 2008.
Current Affairs September 2017 – Today Current Affairs
By March 2019 at Rs. 3,700 crore government plans wifi for all panchayats.
- The government is giving shape to prestigious Rs. 3,700-crore plan.
- As per sources, the Government plan is to cover nearly 5.5 lakh villages with wifi facility by March 2019.
- The government expects to start broadband services with about 1,000 megabits per second across 1 lakh gram panchayats by the end of this year.
SpaceX set to launch the X-37B, the Pentagon’s secretive autonomous space drone.
- After a successful morning launch at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, the X-37B headed yet again to the vital real estate known as low Earth orbit.
- On the tarmac, the X-37B, as it is said, looks tiny, standing not much taller than a person.
- Its wingspan measures less than 15 feet, and it weighs in at just 11,000 pounds.
SoftBank fund leads $250m to hotel brand OYO round and Hero joins the fund also.
- Budget hotel brand OYO says it has closed a$250-million investment led by SoftBank Vision Fund, making it the Japanese part.
- In 2015 SoftBank first invested in OYO.
- The two-wheeler major Hero group joins the latest funding as an external investor.
Download Current Affairs September 2017 PDF – Latest Current Events
NHAI made an announcement to expand 112km highway stretch in Myanmar.
- The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) made an announcement that it will undertake the first international road project in Myanmar.
- It involves the expansion of 112 km stretch between Kalewa and Yagyi in the western Sagaing division.
- Once the 1,360 km IMT Highway project gets completed it will link Moreh in India to Mae Sot in Thailand via Myanmar.
In U.K. refinery Essar Oil to invest $250 million.
- Essar Oil UK plans to invest $250 million into its refinery at Stanlow.
- The 2018 investment will enable Essar Oil UK to raise its annual production to 75 million barrels from 68 million barrels.
- Since acquiring Stanlow from Shell in 2011 the company has invested more than $800 million.
To Bolster Ties India Signs 11 Agreements With Myanmar.
- To further strengthen their partnership India and Myanmar signs 11 agreements.
- For strengthening maritime security cooperation, India and Myanmar sign a MoU.
- Myanmar is one of India’s strategic neighbors and shares a 1,640-km long border with a number of northeastern states.
September 2017 Current Affairs – Download September Current Events PDF
Army to induct 800 women in military police after the new defense minister came into force.
- A plan has finalized by Army to induct women in the military police, which is a major move towards breaking gender barriers in the force.
- Lt. Gen. Ashwani Kumar adjutant general of the Army says they have a plan to induct about 800 women in the military police with a yearly intake of 52 personnel.
- The decision came a day after Nirmala Sitharaman took over as the country’s first full-time woman defense minister.
For mobile wallet Speedpay roll PNB, BSNL joins hands.
- To roll out open mobile wallet Speedpay across 10 states in the country Punjab National Bank and state-run firm BSNL has teamed up.
- PNB’s Speedway wallet will operate like any other mobile wallet for paying bills, recharging the phone.
- The users will be able to deposit and withdraw money from authorized retail outlets.
Anderson England fast bowler joins 500 wicket club.
- To reach his first Grand Slam final at the US Open South African Kevin Anderson defeat 12th seeded Spaniard Pablo Carreno Busta.
- He will face world number one Rafael Nadal in Sunday’s final.
- He is the lowest ranked Grand Slam finalist since 38th-ranked Jo Wilfried Tsonga fell at the 2008 Australian Open final.
Current Affairs September 2017
According to ASSOCHAM Karnataka tops in manufacturing excellence.
- According to a study by industry chambers ASSOCHAM, Karnataka stands at the top among the states in the country.
- It stands top in terms of manufacturing excellence.According to the study, Karnataka ranks third among the states in terms of low ratio of interest cost
- According to the study, Karnataka ranks third among the states in terms of the low ratio of interest cost.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi becomes first Pakistani PM to fly in the F-16 fighter jet.
- Pakistan new prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi became the country’s first premier to fly in a US-made F-16 fighter aircraft.
- The 58-year-old Shahid Khaqan became the first-ever prime minister of Pakistan to participate in an air force sortie.
- The US-made F-16 fighter aircraft belonged to the No 9 Squadron of the PAF.
Rafael Nadal wins his 16th grand slam title.
- Rafael Nadal wins his third US Open title and 16th Grand Slam crown against South African giant Kevin Anderson.
- Nadal’s Grand Slam tally is just three behind Federer’s record 19.
- For Nadal, it was his fifth title of the year and 74th of his career
In Hyderabad, the inauguration of first water atm has taken place.
- Safe Water Network, an international NGO has partnered with Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) to launch water ATMs.
- State Home Minister N Narasimha Reddy inaugurated the first of the Water ATM.
- Purified water will be made available at a payment of ₹ 2 per liter, and ₹ 20 per 20 liters of water at the machine.
Latest Current Affairs September 2017 Updates
Government plans to start the bullet train from Aug 15, 2022.
- Ahmedabad-Mumbai bullet train will take a kick start from Aug 15, 2022.
- It was scheduled for the kickstart on the 75th year of Independence.
- The 508-km-long Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed rail Project is estimated to cost Rs. 1,10,000 crore on completion.
- The bullet train will run at an average speed of 320 km per hour with a maximum speed of 350 km per hour.
PayU ties up with IRCTC for rail tickets booking on the IRCTC website.
- The payment gateway provider PayU has collaborated with Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC).
- It has collaborated to provide an option to pay for rail tickets booked on the IRCTC website.
- PayU will now be available as a payment option under MPS (Multiple Payment Services) on the IRCTC website at the payment stage of booking an e- ticket.
Cyient to buy US-based B&F Design Inc for $5.5m.
- IT major company Cyient has signed an agreement with the US base B&F Design Inc for $5.5 million.
- The agreement was made to acquire 100% stake from the US company.
- B&F Design, which employs around 47 people, clocked revenues of $8.5 million for the calendar year 2016.
Bharat Fin enters the agreement with IndusInd.
- Vikram Akula the promoter of Bharat Financial Inclusion formerly known as SKS enters into an agreement with IndusInd Bank.
- The MFI informed the Bombay Stock Exchange that it has entered into an exclusivity agreement with IndusInd Bank to discuss a proposed strategic combination
- SKS was the first MFI to successfully list on the stock exchange in August 2010.
(September 2017 Current Affairs – Current Affairs of Sep 1st to 30th)
Current Affairs September 2017 – Important Updates
China displays its first unmanned attack helicopter.
- China displayed its first unmanned combat helicopter AV500W for foreign buyers in the northeastern Tianjin city, China.
- The AV500W was designed and produced by AVIC Helicopter Research and Development Institute in Jingdezhen, Jiangxi province of China.
- It can carry 120 kg of weapons and equipment. Its maximum speed is 170 km per hour.
HSBC ties up with Sa-Dhan to develop the digital ecosystem for India’s unbanked segment.
- To develop the ecosystem for the unbanked segment in the country HSBC Bank enters into an agreement with Sa-Dhan.
- HSBC Bank is providing technical expertise to train and educate micro-finance consumers at the grass-roots level.
- It has to be undertaken in West Bengal, Punjab, Karnataka, and Maharashtra and it is expected to benefit 1,200 consumers.
Force Motors made an agreement with Rolls Royce to set up engine plant.
- Commercial vehicle maker Force Motors has tied up with Rolls Royce Power Systems to produce engines for multiple applications to produce engines for multiple applications.
- The agreement is made to produce engines for multiple applications like railways and power generation.
- Force Motors is the only company in the world that produces engines for two of the leading European premium car makers Mercedes and BMW.
Current Affairs September 2017
Prime Minister Modi inaugrated the Sardar Sarovar dam in dabhoi.
- Sardar Sarovar Dam project will help the farmers of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan also.
- The ‘Statue of Unity’ will come up on the waters of Narmada and will draw tourists from all over.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj arrived in New York on Monday to attend the annual United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
- Ms. Swaraj, will be leading a high-powered Indian delegation and will hold about 20 bilateral and trilateral meetings with leaders attending the session.
- The Minister has scheduled a series of meetings with Tunisian Foreign Minister Khemaies Jhinaoui, Bhutanese Prime Minister Tshering Tobgay, Danish Foreign Minister Anders Samuelsen, Latvian Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkevics and her Bolivian counterpart Fernando Huanacuni Mamani.
SAP’s India Head is appointed as the president of HANA Enterprise Cloud.
- German software Giant SAP has appointed Dilip kumar Khandelwal as president of its HANA Enterprise Cloud.
- SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud delivers cloud infrastructure and services for SAP’s in-memory applications, database, and platform.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj holds talks with US and Japan.
- Foreign ministers of India, Japan and US held talks on a range of issues including connectivity and maritime security.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj, US secretary of state Rex Tillerson and Japanese foreign minister Taro Kono exchanged views on the need for freedom of navigation, respect for international law and peaceful resolution of disputes and proliferation issues.
New India Assurance Company Ltd gets approval from Sebi to float initial public offer (IPO).
- The government will sell 9.6 crore shares and the company will sell 2.4 crore shares through the IPO.
- Also, the initial share-sale offers of General Insurance Corporation of India and HDFC Standard Life Insurance are awaiting Sebi’s approval.
Current Affairs Today – September 2017 Updates
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet appointed Y C Modi as DG of the NIA.
- Mr. Modi will hold the post till May 31, 2021.
- He is a 1984 batch IPS officer of the Assam-Meghalaya cadre, he is at present the special director of the CBI.
- Rajni Kant Misra, Senior IPS officer, has been appointed as the director general of the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
SBI Life IPO will open on Wednesday.
- SBI Life will open Rs 8,400 crore initial public offering for subscription from Wednesday.
- The IPO by size is the largest in life insurance in India and it is the second life insurance company to list on bourses.
- The IPO will be open only till September 22.
- The price band for the IPO is Rs 685-700 per equity share with a face value of Rs 10 each.
UM Lohia will set up another two wheeler manufacturing plant in India.
- UM Lohia Two Wheelers Pvt. Ltd., the Indian arm of UM International,will set up a manufacturing unit to make cruiser motorcycles in India.
- Currently, UM is producing four cruiser bikes at the Kashipur plant in Uttarakhand.
Belgium and France will play the Davis Cup final in Belgium.
- The Davis Cup final will be played at Lille’s Stade Pierre-Mauroy on November 24-26.
- Nine-time champions France last won the Davis Cup in 2001 and Belgium has been the runner up twice.
Current Affairs Updates – September 2017
India’s first floating lab is set up on the Brahmaputra river.
- It is India’s first floating laboratory on boat for scientific research.
- The boat laboratory is used for research and analysis on the ecosystem of the river and its surroundings.
HTC’s Pixel Smartphone Division is acquired by Google for $1.1 billion.
- Google will acquire Taiwan’s HTC Corp division that develops Pixel smartphones by paying $1.1 billion in cash.
- Rick Osterloh, a former Motorola executive, will handle its hardware division.
Twitter appoints Indian born Sriram Krishnan as its Senior Director of Product.
- Former Executive of Facebook and Snap, Sriram Krishnan is the new senior director of product of Twitter.
- Krishnan will join Twitter on October 2. He will lead core features such as timeline, direct messaging and search.
India will develop 116 high impact projects in Afghanistan.
- India will develop 116 high impact community developmental projects in 31 provinces of Afghanistan.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani took the decision during the UN General Assembly session.
Current Affairs Updates – September 2017
Indian Navy gets new Scorpene class Submarine.
- Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd. (MDL) handed over the first of the Scorpene submarines to the Navy.
- The submarine, named INS Kalvari has features such as acoustic silencing techniques, low-radiated noise levels, hydro-dynamically optimized shape and the ability to launch precision guided weapons.
- MDL will constructed Six Scorpene submarines for the Navy.
ITI won Rs. 7,000 crore deal from the Army.
- Public sector firm ITI Ltd. won a ₹7,000-crore deal to deploy and maintain the Army’s modern communication network across India.
- It will provide telecom solution and infrastructure and maintenance support of the network for eight years.
- The Army Static Switched Communication Network (ASCON) was established 25 years ago by ITI.
Central Government will adopt 60 villages in Uttarakhand.
- The Center will adopt 60 villages in Uttarakhand to help them become self-sustaining through various scientific interventions.
- Villages in Gaindikhata, Bazeera, Bhigun and Kausani have been selected for the pilot phase.
Indian Government extends the time period for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
- The Centre has extend the time period for availing interest subsidy on home loans under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana by the middle income groups up to 2019.
- Under this scheme beneficiaries with annual income between Rs 6 lakh to Rs 12 lakh would get an interest subsidy of 4% on a 20 year loan of Rs 9 lakh.
- Those with annual income between Rs 12 lakh to Rs 18 lakh would get interest subsidy of 3%.
Current News and Events – September 2017
A joint trade and investment show to be held by India, US and Afghanistan.
- India, US and Afghanistan will hold a joint trade and investment show in New Delhi.
- The event will be sponsored by the US and hosted by India.
- It will be inaugurated by Afghan CEO Dr Abdullah who is visiting India from September 27-29.
India will buy Nuclear fuel from Uzbekistan.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi held bilateral talks with Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev to buy Uranium to fuel the pressurized heavy water reactors.
- India imports uranium from Kazakhstan and Canada.
- It will also import uranium from Namibia and Mongolia.
Shirdi Airport to be inaugrated by President Ram Nath Kovind on October 1.
- President Ram Nath Kovind will inaugurate the Shirdi Airport on October 1.
- The green field airport at Kakadi, Talluka Rahata in Ahmednagar is developed by the Maharashtra Airport Development Company.
- The airport will have only day operations on the 2,500 meters runway and it is capable of handling Airbus 320 and Boeing 737 aircrafts.
Indian Government launched the Saubhagya Scheme to provide electricity.
- The ₹16,000 crore Saubhagya scheme will give power connections free of cost.
- PM Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana (Saubhagya) plans to give connections to 4 crore households.
Current Affairs and GK Today
President Ram Nath Kovind launched a hand-held device to test milk adulteration.
- President Ram Nath Kovind launched an affordable hand-held testing device to identify adulterants in milk.
- The device costs less than Rs 5000 and takes less than 60 seconds to show the result.
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has developed the device.
- The device, called as Ksheer Tester can measure contaminants such as urea, salt, detergent, soap, soda, boric acid and hydrogen peroxide in milk.
Debabrata Mukherjee is elected as the chairman of Audit Bureau of Circulations.
- Debabrata Mukherjee, vice-president, south west Asia region operations of Coca Cola, is elected as the chairman of Audit Bureau of Circulations for the year 2017-2018.
- Hormusji N Cama, is elected as the deputy chairman of the Bureau for the year 2017-2018.
Defense Ministry clears projects worth 1,000 crores.
- India’s Defense Minister Nirmala Sitaraman cleared proposals for upgrading hull-mounted Humsa sonars and short-range surface-to-surface missiles for the Indian Navy.
- The Defense Acquisitions Council (DAC) chaired by the Defense Minister cleared the projects worth Rs 1,000 crore.