Candidates who are planning to seek Govt. Job and clear the certain competitive exams should practice as much as possible. Here, Current Affairs Today August 21 2017 will help you prepare for the upcoming exams in a better way. We are providing you with the Daily GK Questions and August 21st Current Affairs. If you want to know about Today Current Affairs, then you can read the article and take Today GK Quiz. On this page, we are giving you all the National Updates, International Updates, Sports News along with the 21st August 2017 Current Affairs to gain knowledge and improve your general knowledge skills.
Latest August 21st Current Affairs – Daily Current Updates
- CTS Appoints Ramkumar Ramamoorthy in the newly created role of executive director of India.
- From next year IIT Exam will completely online say the officials.
- India and Russia will have a talk at Doklam before Brics summit in China.
- Russian Oil Company Rosneft will announce the completion of the deal with Essar Oil.
- Jinder Mahak, Brock Lesnar retains titles in Summer Slam 2017.
- Honda Cars got a green signal for Rs 1,577 cr expansion project in Rajasthan.
- The Comedy legend Jerry Lewis dies at the age of 91.
- India has a nine-wicket win in an ODI against Srilanka.
- The US President Trump will address Nationa on New Afghan Strategy.
- 9 Cities in India will get an extra 313km of Metro lines say the officials.
National Updates – Current Affairs Today August 21 2017
From next year IIT Exam will completely online say the officials.
- The Joint Admission Board says the entrance examination which is kept for the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) will go completely online from 2018.
- The decision was taken by Joint Admission Board at the meeting held in Chennai.
- They also made a decision that the JEE (Advanced) will be conducted in online mode from 2018 onwards.
9 Cities in India will get an extra 313km of Metro lines say the officials.
- An additional 313 km on Metro Rail connectivity is given to the nine cities including Delhi, Noida, Lucknow, Hyderabad, Nagpur, Kochi, Bengaluru, and Chennai by March 2019.
- The mass transit system is operational only on 370 km’s in eight cities since the first Metro service began in Kolkata in 1984.
August 21st Current Affairs – International News
The US President Trump will address Nation on New Afghan Strategy.
- Donald Trump the president of the United States will announce his decision on America’s strategy in Afghanistan. in an address to US troops and the nation Monday night, almost 16 years after the war began
- He will address to US troops and the nation on Monday night, almost 16 years after the war began.
- The decision comes after the departure of Steve Bannon from the White House on Friday.
India and Russia will have a talk at Doklam before Brics summit in China – Current Affairs Today August 21 2017
- India and Russia are in touch over the Sino -Indian military standoff at Doklam.
- In the Brics preparatory meetings, Indian officials have a discussion with their Russian counterparts about the situation at Doklam in Bhutan.
- India is yet to announce officially about the participation of PM Narendra Modi in the BRICS summit, which will take place on September 3-5 in Xiamen in China.
Current Affairs Today August 21 2017 – Business Events
Russian Oil Company Rosneft will announce the completion of the deal with Essar Oil.
- Rosneft the major Russian oil Company will make an announcement today of the deal with the Indian private refiner Essar Oil.
- Rosneft will complete a $12.9 billion deal to acquire Essar oil.
- By the completion of the deal, there will be strengthening ties between the world’s largest oil producer and the fastest growing fuel consumer.
- After Royal Dutch Shell (RDSa.L) and BP (BP.L), Rosneft and Trafigura are the latest international companies to enter the Indian fuel retailing market.
Honda Cars got a green signal for Rs 1,577 cr expansion project in Rajasthan.
- For the expansion project for a Tapukara plant in Rajasthan Honda cars receive an environmental clearance of Rs 1,577 cores.
- Besides Tapukara, HCIL is having another manufacturing facility at Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh.
- HCIL sells compact car Brio, compact sedan Amaze, mid- sized sedan City.
Current Affairs 21st August 2017 – Appointments News
CTS Appoints Ramkumar Ramamoorthy in the newly created role of executive director of India.
- Ramakumar Ramamoorthy is given a new role as the executive director of India by CTS.
- Ramamoorthy is in the company for 19 years and was previously senior vice president of corporate marketing, corporate affairs, and communications.
- For strengthening CTS’s PURPOSE, Ramamoorthy will also take global ownership as a part of the company’s C2020 strategy.
Sports News – August 21st, 2017 Current Affairs
Jinder Mahak, Brock Lesnar retains titles in Summer Slam 2017.
- Brock Lesnar went to hell and back and after receiving a horrific beatdown at the hands of Braun Strawman.
- Brock Lesnar retains his Universal Championship with an F5 on Roman Reigns.
India has a nine wicket win in an ODI against Srilanka.
- India carries its domination from the Test series into ODI and achieves its biggest ever win in terms of overs left while chasing a 200-plus total.
- Shikar Dhawan century made India to seal the victory over Srilanka.
- Shikar Dhawan has an unbeaten 197 run partnership for the second wicket with skipper Virat Kohli.
Obituary News – Current Affairs Today August 21 2017
The Comedy legend Jerry Lewis dies at the age of 91.
- The rubber-faced comedian and director Jerry Lewis passes away at the age of 91.
- Jerry Lewis first became a star in a duo with Dean Martin, entertaining audiences in nightclubs, on television, and in the movies.
- He directed a slew of hit films such as The Nutty Professor.
|Read 19th August Current Affairs|
|More Current Affairs|