This post covers the latest Current Affairs Today August 23 2017. We are providing you with Today’s Current Affairs that might come as a question in the upcoming Sarkari Naukri examinations. For doing preparations in a better way, follow our website regularly as we provide you with the Daily Current Affairs. Check these current affairs 23rd August 2017. Make use of GKToday Current News for the GK section’s preparation and make yourself able to crack the exam by reading latest current Affairs Events. Not only just cracking the exam but also scoring the better marks.
Today Current Affairs – 23rd August Current Affairs
Important Current Updates
- Government launches global hunt worth over $5 billion for 234 naval helicopters.
- Former Manipur Chief Minister Rishang Keishing passes away.
- Nepal PM expands his cabinet to 15 State Ministers which is Third Largest Ever.
- Sports Ministry announces Khel Ratna, Dronacharya, Arjuna and Dhyan Chand awards for the year 2017.
- Infosys out of top 10 BSE most valued companies.
- General Electric South Asia CEO Agrawala to join Tata Group.
- On Friday Amit Shah To Take Oath As Rajya Sabha MP.
- World’s Largest March Against Child Trafficking to Host by India.
- Graeme Smith the former South Africa Skipper turns as T20 Coach.
- Qatar Airways has a new partnership with Vistara.
- BJP Resolve To Launch State Wide Campaign Against The Mining Scam In Odisha.
Current Affairs Today August 23 2017 – National Current Affairs Updates
Government launches global hunt worth over $5 billion for 234 naval helicopters.
- India launches a global hunt for 123 naval multi-role helicopters with potent anti submarine warfare capabilities. as well as 111 armed naval light utility choppers (
- They are also looking for 111 armed naval light utility choppers for operations from the decks of warship.
- The projects, together worth well over $ 5 billion, will come under the new strategic partnership policy the Make in India framework.
World’s Largest March Against Child Trafficking to Host by India.
- Over 10 million people from across India are expecting to take part during the month-long march against child trafficking.
- The child trafficking which will start from India’s southern most tip Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu state on Sept. 11, and end in New Delhi on Oct. 16.
- The march participants will travel around 11,000 km and cover 22 of India’s 29 states.
BJP Resolve To Launch State Wide Campaign Against The Mining Scam In Odisha.
- The BJP made a decision to make the mining scam an issue and launch a state wide campaign over the state government’s allegation protection to the mine owners.
- The party made an allegation that Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik fake clean image has exposed by the mining scam and his election expenditure affidavits.
On Friday Amit Shah To Take Oath As Rajya Sabha MP – Current Affairs Today August 23 2017
- On August 25 BJP chief Amit Shah will take oath as Rajya Sabha member.
- The BJP chief is making his debut in Parliament and M Venkaiah Naidu will administer the oath to Mr. Shah on Friday.
- Mr. Shah is a five-term MLA in the Gujarat assembly.
International Updates – 23rd August 2017 Current Affairs
Nepal PM expands his cabinet to 15 State Ministers which is Third Largest Ever.
- The Deuba Cabinet is the third largest ever cabinet in Nepal with 15 state ministers.
- With the latest expansion, M. Deuba now heads a 46 member council of ministers, which includes three deputy prime ministers, 19 minister, and 23 state ministers.
- Baburam Bhattarai, who was the prime minister of Nepal from August 2011 to March 2013, led a Cabinet of 49 members.
Current Affairs Today August 23 2017 – Business News
Qatar Airways has a new partnership with Vistara.
- Qatar Airways enters into a new partnership with Vistara from Tuesday.
- This agreement will allow Qatar Airways passengers to travel seamlessly to and fro a wide range of cities within India across Vistara’s network.
- With more than 625 weekly flights Vistara currently has a network of 19 destinations.
General Electric South Asia CEO Agrawala to join Tata Group.
- Banmali Agrawala the CEO of General Electric’s South Asia is set to join Tata Sons, the holding company of the Tata Group.
- The appointment will mark Banmali Agrawala return to the Tata Group, which he left in 2011 after a three-year as the executive director of Tata Power.
Infosys out of top 10 BSE most valued companies.
- Infosys the IT major is no longer on the list of top 10 most valued companies on the BSE and the NSE.
- They are out following the exit of its CEO Vishal Sikka.
- Infosys takes the 11th spot on the NSE as well in terms of market cap.
Today Sports Current Affairs News – Latest GK updates
Sports Ministry announces Khel Ratna, Dronacharya, Arjuna and Dhyan Chand awards for the year 2017.
- Ministry of Sports made a decision to confer the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna 2017 to Para Athlete Devendra Jhajharia and former hockey captain Sardar Singh.
- The ministry also released the list of seven Dronacharya awardees for coaches.
- They also made a release of 17 Arjuna awardees featuring cricketers Harmanpreet Kaur, Cheteshwar Pujara, para-athletes Mariyappan, Varun Singh Bhati and Hockey player SV Suni.
Graeme Smith the former South Africa Skipper turns as T20 Coach.
- Former South Africa skipper and batsman Graeme Smith will be among the coaches in the maiden Twenty20 Global League.
- The Twenty20 Global League which will start in the Republic this November.
- It will be his first senior level coaching post after he took a retirement from international cricket three years ago.
Current Affairs Today August 23 2017 – Obituary Current Affairs Events
Former Manipur Chief Minister Rishang Keishing passes away.
- Veteran Congress leader and Manipur Chief Minister Rishang Keishing passes away.
- The four time Chief Minister, who was admitted to the hospital on July 1 with serious medical problems dies at the age of 97.
- He is the freedom fighter and member of India’s first parliament (1952-57).
- He retired from the Rajya Sabha as the oldest member in 2014.
|Read 22nd August Current Affairs|
|More Current Affairs|