Latest Current Affairs Today August 24 2017 are present here in this post for competitive exams like TNPSC. IAS, IPS, UPSC, RRB, and other banking exams like SBI, RBI, IBPS PO Clerk etc. Read Daily Current Affairs and improve your General Knowledge. Read Todays Current Affairs because there is a possibility that you might get questions from current Events 24th August 2017 in your exams. There is no doubt that 24th August 2017 Current News plays a vital role in the Govt. we have current Affairs 24th August 2017 for aspirants preparing for Government exams for getting you more score. If you will read the Current Affairs regularly, you will never forget the answers to the questions related to them. Check all the Latest 24th August 2017 Current Affairs that we have prepared for you including all national, international, science and technology you need to read
24th August Current Affairs – Latest Current Affairs Updates
Important Current Affairs Updates
- Ashwani Lohani takes the appointment as the new Railway Board Chairman.
- PM Modi, Shashi Tharoor Feature In LinkedIn 2017 Power Profiles List.
- Nandan Nilekani the co founder of Infosys is to return as Infosys nonexecutive chairman.
- Wayne Rooney the England Foot ball player announces retirement from international football.
- On his first official visit abroad Pakistan PM travels to Saudi Arabia.
- Gayle, Sehwag to play a Ten Cricket league in UAE.
- Rajiv Bansal takes the appointment as Air India’s Interim Chairman after Ashwani Lohani.
- Finance Ministry gave a knot to RBI to issue Rs 200 notes.
- Cabinet Approves New Bridge At Indo-Nepal Border
- A new Spacesuit got unveils by SpaceX.
National Events – Current Affairs Today August 24 2017
PM Modi, Shashi Tharoor Feature In LinkedIn 2017 Power Profiles List.
- LinkedIn the Professional networking giant on Wednesday made an announcement of its fourth edition of Power Profiles, a list of the most viewed LinkedIn profiles of professionals in India.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Congress MP Shashi Tharoor have found a spot in the LinkedIn Power Profiles List of 2017.
- PM Modi has 2.2 million followers on the LinkedIn platform, is a third time return to the list.
Cabinet Approves New Bridge At Indo-Nepal Border
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approves a MoU to be signed between India and Nepal for laying down the modalities concerning the bridge.
- Union Cabinet gave an approval for a new bridge over Mechi river on the India-Nepal border.
- Mechi Bridge is the ending point of Asian Highway 2 in India leading to Nepal.
- The estimation of the cost for the construction of the bridge is Rs. 159 crore. India will fund this through an Asian Development Bank loan
- India will fund this through an Asian Development Bank loan.
Current Affairs Today – International News
On his first official visit abroad Pakistan PM travels to Saudi Arabia – Current Affairs Today August 24 2017
- Shahid Khaqan Abbasi Pakistan’s new Prime Minister traveled to Saudi Arabia on a daylong visit as his first foreign trip since assuming office.
- He went to Saudi Arabia to discuss bilateral ties with top Saudi leadership.
- Mr. Abbasi is accompanied by Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif, and Minister of Finance Ishaq Dar.
A new Spacesuit got unveils by SpaceX.
- Elon Musk SpaceX chief executive gave a sneak peek at the California based company futuristic new space suit.
- The white material appears lighter weight than the bulky spacesuits worn by NASA astronauts.
- SpaceX is working on a version of its Dragon cargo capsule that will be able to carry people to low Earth orbit.
Business and Economy News Current Affairs Updates – Current Affairs Today August 24 2017
Finance Ministry gave a Knot to RBI to issue Rs 200 notes.
- The government gave its knot to the ReserBank to issue Rs 200 notes.
- By this, there will be a less pressure on lower denomination currency bills.
- The new Rs 200 notes are likely to be in circulation shortly says the Union finance minister.
Nandan Nilekani the co founder of Infosys is to return as Infosys nonexecutive chairman.
- The architect of Aadhaar Nandan Nilekani is set to return to the company Infosys that he co founded 36 years ago.
- He is set to return as nonexecutive chairman in the next few days.
- Nandan Nilekani quit Infosys in 2009 to join the Manmohan Singh government as chairman of UIDAI.
Latest Current Affairs – Appointment Updates.
Ashwani Lohani takes the appointment as the new Railway Board Chairman.
- The CMD of Air India Ashwani Lohani was appointed as chairman of the Railway Board.
- He takes an appointment as the Chairman of Railway Board as A K Mital made a resignation from his post due to recent train accidents.
- Mital had sent his resignation to Prime Minister’s Office yesterday and it was accepted late evening.
Rajiv Bansal takes the appointment as Air India’s Interim Chairman after Ashwani Lohani.
- Replacing Ashwani Lohani, Rajiv Bansal takes the appointment as the Chairman and Managing Director of Air India for three months.
- Presently, Rajiv Bansal is additional secretary and financial adviser in the petroleum ministry.
- Bansal is from the Nagaland cadre of 1988 batch and hails from Haryana.
Current Affairs Today August 24 2017 – Sports News
Wayne Rooney the England Foot ball player announces retirement from international football.
- England record goalscorer Wayne Rooney announces his retirement on Wednesday from the International Football team.
- The 31-year-old Rooney has scored 53 goals in 119 appearances for his country.
- At the age of 17, he earned his first cap against Australia in the year 2003.
Gayle, Sehwag to play a Ten Cricket league in UAE.
- The cricket legends Virender Sehwag, Chris Gayle, Shahid Afridi and Kumar Sangakkara will be part of Ten Cricket League in the UAE.
- The t10league will have 10 over a side match with 90 minutes of action, spread over four days.
- The event is set to begin on December 21 and ends on December 24 at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium.
|Read 23rd August Current Affairs|
|More Current Affairs|